Thread: TangeKanic - Hotel Cantaffordit (new Tangent/Karmakanic live album)

TangeKanic - Hotel Cantaffordit (new Tangent/Karmakanic live album)

I've been looking forward to this one since the announcement. Would have loved to have seen this tour but only a few dates in the US and none even close to me. Well the live album should be worth it - Hotel Cantaffordit

Released the first preview song from this and it is a new one. "Sanctuary In Music" a song in reaction to the massacres at three concerts in France, England and the USA. Recorded in New Jersey - more here

Lineup:
    Andy Tillison - Keyboards & Vocals
    Luke Machin - Guitar
    Jonas Reingold - Bass
    Steve Roberts - Drums
    Goran Edman - Vocals

There are rumors that this lineup may record an actual studio album as Tangekanic.

Tangekanic also performed "Sanctuary in Music" at Progstock and it was very moving.

I saw the TK tour at Shank Hall in Milwaukee (which, for the uninitiated, is actually just a bar that holds about 275 max), and they were killer! I knew Andy, Luke & Jonas from previous meetings so it was fun to hear some new stories. I think Luke Machin may be the most polite, thoughtful young musician I've ever talked to.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

A studio LP from this line up would be quite welcome around these parts.
    The Prog Corner

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    A very touching song.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I saw the TK tour at Shank Hall in Milwaukee (which, for the uninitiated, is actually just a bar that holds about 275 max), and they were killer! I knew Andy, Luke & Jonas from previous meetings so it was fun to hear some new stories. I think Luke Machin may be the most polite, thoughtful young musician I've ever talked to.
    Preach!
    The older I get, the better I was.

Received my copy! Very impressive - definitely sounds alive! which is what we want from these things - I think the long epic "God, The Universe & Everything Else Nobody Cares About" might be even better than the studio version (which I love). This one combines part1 and 2 and also drops the section with the children singing. "Two Rope Swings" is another favorite I'm glad they chose to play.

This combined band approach is really cool and opens up a lot of new possibilities for touring and recording.

The setlist on the CD is:

1 A Spark In The Aether
    2 Doctor Livingstone (I Presume)
    3 God, The Universe & Everything Else Nobody Cares About
    4 Sanctuary In Music
    5 Two Rope Swings
    6 Steer By The Stars

But know that at the end of "Steer By The Stars" you get a bonus song - a condensed version of "Send a Message From the Heart" not the whole thing but it is still 10-11 minutes long and is just fantastic. I know a lot of people love that song.

I was at the show it was recorded at, got my name on the cover and everything. It was a brilliant show, and I think they took the best stuff from it, though I am missing Luke's unaccompanied guitar solo which was amazing. I also could have sworn they did the whole 30 minutes of God, The Universe etc...(the live album basically has part 1 from the album) but it's still a great performance regardless. So glad I got to be there and I can second that Luke is incredibly nice and polite. A joy to chat with about guitar! Andy was very nice and knew who I was even though we've never met (I reply to a lot of threads on the Tangent FB page and am friends with him and his significant other Sally on there). Jonas, who I've met several times before, didn't remember me at all Which was fine, since he seems partial to the ladies (there were some there, believe it or not).

Anyway, a very good representation of the gig that night and I'm so glad to have it to remember the awesome performance I got to see in person.