Page 98 of 125 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 3115

Thread: The 2018 NFL Discussion Thread

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Fortunately you have the Pats in your back pocket, so I don’t feel so bad.
    Don't think they are getting to the SB, and if they do they'll get killed by the NFC team.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Is there any team more "bad cop" than the Ravens?
    The Patriots
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Oh for two so far.

Seattle got outplayed, pure and simple. Still damn proud of this team...most (ahem) 'experts' expected them to not only miss the playoffs but end up at the bottom of the NFC West. Lots of great young players who performed like seasoned vets throughout the season. Already really excited for next year!

Next year we should be pretty good
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    DAK
    PRES
    COTT
    He's not much more than a game manager, and remains the weak link.

Yup - Zeke & D is the formula
    Ian

I'm one of the 212.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Oh for two so far.
    I got this one right.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Yep.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Oh for two so far.
    Me too. Glad I didn't have any cash riding on those games.

Yep.
    glad he's not a china doll
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Yup - Zeke & D is the formula
    Yep.
    Pundits said the same thing about Russell Wilson before.

I've never personally said anything about Dak that would make me believe he's a top 5 QB in the league right now, but I think calling him a game manager in tonight's game is nothing more than trolling. Game managers can't run 16 yards for a critical 1st down. Game managers don't pass to 8 different receivers in a game.

Zeke played well of course, but the Seahawks kept him largely in check minus two large runs. The INT credited to Dak, was at best a fluke (as it hit the receiver's hands), at worst a non PI call.

I've watched every Cowboys game this year and he's made vast improvements since the first 4 weeks of the season. Tonight's game was pretty flawless for him besides some errant throws. He held on to the ball and made 3 of 5 most critical offensive plays of the game. Last week, he played great without Zeke at the helm in a game where he had nothing to gain.

Lastly, when the Cowboys beat the Saints earlier this year, Dak was 24-28 for 249 and a TD. Zeke only ran for 75 yards.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Last week, he played great without Zeke at the helm in a game where he had nothing to gain.

Lastly, when the Cowboys beat the Saints earlier this year, Dak was 24-28 for 249 and a TD. Zeke only ran for 75 yards.
    now *THAT'S* what I'm talkin bout!
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Now that Wilson is gone my allegiance turns to Melvin Gordon, but only the Shadow knows.....
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

the Seahawks showed up and played a tough game. They got nuthin to be ashamed of...

but the Texans OTOH...
    what an epic collapse!!!

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    the Seahawks showed up and played a tough game. They got nuthin to be ashamed of...
    Seahawks defense was tonight's only saving grace. Seattle's front office and coaching staff (namely Ken Norton Jr) are to be commended for being able to field such a staunch defense in light of all the departures and injuries. The offense, well, back to the drawing board for that o-line. Oh well, we were playing with house money anyway, seeing that we weren't supposed to win more than 6 or 7 games this year.
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

The NFL is rooting against them also, just like last year. They don't want a team that can go into New England and beat the Patriots. They want the super bowl to be good cop/bad cop for viewer ratings.
    Eh, wouldn't be surprised if the Chargers find a way to choke. They're first game of the post season would have to be on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Eh, wouldn't be surprised if the Chargers find a way to choke. They're first game of the post season would have to be on the road.
    The Chargers are supposed to be good on the road. I'm more worried about the third team on the field than the two playing.

so true... thanks Lou for being objective

It IS easier to be objective when you don't have a dog in the fight!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Seahawks coaches needed to let Russell Wilson pass more last night, I like that they run the ball but they were way too stubborn. We've got two good WR's who made great catches. Use them.
    Ian

I'm one of the 212.

As I was watching last night's game, throughout the first half, I kept thinking, "the Cowboys receivers would have a better chance of catching Dak's passes if they ran their routes 3 yards out of bounds."
    To make out like Dak put the 'Pokers on his back and carried them to victory is analysis of a different game than I watched. He is who we thought he is. He could probably win a Super Bowl if you surround him with weapons and a monster defense, neither of which the Cowboys have. But he will never be that elite QB who can rip the trophy out of his opponent's hands.
    As noted above, the 'Pokers won last night with Zeke and Defense, not to mention a lethargic Seattle offense and a Seattle defense that made mistakes at key times.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Seahawks coaches needed to let Russell Wilson pass more last night, I like that they run the ball but they were way too stubborn. We've got two good WR's who made great catches. Use them.
    yes, that was my greatest fear! Lockett and Baldwin have been clutch in the past for Wilson and I thought we'd get a heavy dose of those guys.

Good game. Chargers playing it safe but terrible non call on pass interference against LAC.

You can't let Action Jackson play the second half.

Prog-Rock sighting in the Ravens-Chargers game late in the 2nd with a Wobbler reference.