Page 357 of 408 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361367407 ... LastLast
Results 8,901 to 8,925 of 10179

Thread: Movies - Take Two. Action!

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    You really have problem with wiki quotes. It does take a genius to look at wiki.
    I don't have a problem with wiki quotes. However, I find it amusing when someone consistently inserts them into their posts to make them look as though they came up with it themselves.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I don't have a problem with wiki quotes. However, I find it amusing when someone consistently inserts them into their posts to make them look as though they came up with it themselves.
    Your conspiracy theory is based on a false pretense, and premise. It’s in your head, and you focus on superficial aspects instead of the info itself.

I'm bored to death with the comic book crap, but saying it's just for kids is ridiculous. More importantly though , there's supposedly a couple very good horror movies out being overshadowed by the Barbenheimer thing...

Cobweb

and Talk To Me
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    No way you could prove that if you time transported from before Raiders came out, to now and saw Dial of Destiny, then transported back, that you would perceive Raiders as better. Hind sight is 20/20.
    I didn’t know time travel was even on the table. This changes everything!

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I'm bored to death with the comic book crap, but saying it's just for kids is ridiculous. More importantly though , there's supposedly a couple very good horror movies out being overshadowed by the Barbenheimer thing...

Cobweb

and Talk To Me
    Those look like good horror flicks. Thanks for posting them. I might never have heard about them, otherwise.
    Frog in boiling water

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Watched They Cloned Tyrone on Netflix last night very different comedy sci--fi dystopia movie with a drug dealer, pimp and a hooker as the 'heroes'. Quite enjoyed it.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

Lawman Burt Lancaster western on Grit TV. Pretty good.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Did they use Grace's Jefferson Airplane song for the theme?

Frog in boiling water

Nope, just a pretty typical western, better than some, unusual ending.

Banned

Movies - Take Two. Action!

Syd Barrett movie dates are soon to be over:
    https://ultimateclassicrock.com/syd-newsletter-two/

Yeah, I need to see that.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

Speaking of music docs, has anyone seen the KC doc, yet? It got made, it got released, but I have yet to see it get any kind of widespread release, if only at art house theaters, nor has it been released on DVD or Blu-Ray, to the best of my knowledge.

I don't care much about the band, anymore, but I would like to see this, if only from a historical perspective.

Does anyone know anything about this movie?
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Speaking of music docs, has anyone seen the KC doc, yet? It got made, it got released, but I have yet to see it get any kind of widespread release, if only at art house theaters, nor has it been released on DVD or Blu-Ray, to the best of my knowledge.

I don't care much about the band, anymore, but I would like to see this, if only from a historical perspective.

Does anyone know anything about this movie?
    It did get released on Blu-ray, but I believe only as part of a larger boxed set (with a larger price tag, of course). I could be wrong, but I haven't noticed a standalone release.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    It did get released on Blu-ray, but I believe only as part of a larger boxed set (with a larger price tag, of course). I could be wrong, but I haven't noticed a standalone release.
    Thanks. That inspired me to check Amazon and there it is! Blu-Ray disc for only $26.77.

There's only 2 left in stock, at the moment. And I just ordered one, so there's only 1, now.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I bought it, it's not a historical record of the band but more about the current band with lots of references back to their history with lots of key individuals contributing. It's not sugar coated, Trey Gunn & Adrian Belew certainly let you know how they feel. I personally think it's wonderful. It really captures the band and Fripp.
    Ian

I'm one of the 212.

I've seen the trailer so I know it's not purely historical. I guess that was a poor choice of word.

Thanks. That inspired me to check Amazon and there it is! Blu-Ray disc for only $26.77.

There's only 2 left in stock, at the moment. And I just ordered one, so there's only 1, now.
    What's the title?
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Here ya go, Jerol: https://www.amazon.com/Court-Crimson...s%2C100&sr=8-3

Oddly, the price went up $5.

Here ya go, Jerol: https://www.amazon.com/Court-Crimson...s%2C100&sr=8-3

Oddly, the price went up $5.
    I see that. Nonetheless, to the Wishlist it goes! Thanks
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Sam Mendes' Empire of Light. If you like a slow story building up to a revealing story about human nature, you'll love this movies. 10/10.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Sam Mendes' Empire of Light. If you like a slow story building up to a revealing story about human nature, you'll love this movies. 10/10.
    I've got this at home. I generally like Olivia Colman's acting so should be good.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    I've got this at home. I generally like Olivia Colman's acting so should be good.
    Great. I hope you like it as much as we did. It was tour de force acting - especially Olivia.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

I really honestly believe that Olivia Coleman is probably the finest actress alive right now.

Knock at the Cabin

Shamalamadingdong is hit or miss with me, mostly miss. I did really like Signs though. This one wasn't too bad. Started off well, good performances (the big dude whos name I forget was great), pretty decent suspense, nothing too spectacular with the plot, but interesting enough. I would have enjoyed it a lot more if the ending had a little more punch. Kinda just fizzled out in the last 20 minutes or so for me. It was an ok experience.

6.1 out of 10 falling planes
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Great. I hope you like it as much as we did. It was tour de force acting - especially Olivia.
    Empire of Light--yes, really enjoyed this one, takes place in England and it's about relationships, racism, working in a movie theater set around the 80s, (hard to say much without giving spoilers away), but I enjoy the introspection of it. I see it's on HBO Max as well if you have that.