Page 418 of 418 FirstFirst ... 318368408414415416417418
Results 10,426 to 10,429 of 10429

Thread: Movies - Take Two. Action!

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Watched Demons (1985, Bava) last night. As the zombie movie list points out, the movie features zombies, not demons. Good movie. Most of the movies on the list (that I don't own) seem to be unavailable for free streaming. But I found Demons on Kanopy, commercial free.
    Frog in boiling water

Kanopy is a great site, isn't it? Lots and lots of movies.

Hippy dude uses it a lot too.

There's another site you access through your library called Hoopla. It doesn't have as many movies but it appears to have more music and audiobooks. Still, I have found some things to watch that I've put on my list:

· Lamb, with Noomi Rapace. Synopsis: in rural Iceland, a childless couple discover a strange and unnatural newborn in their sheep barn. It's labeled as horror.
    · Hagazussa. A German movie about a witch in the 15th century.
    · Requiem for a Vampire. French movie from 1973.
    · The Exorcist III, which I've always meant to see.
    · Death Ride To Osaka, from 1983, with Jennifer Jason Leigh. I confess, my only interest in this is because I know Jenny (she lets me call her that) isn't afraid to do nude scenes. lol
    “The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the white zone."

I use Hoopla. It's great. I am listening to the audio book "When we Cease to Understand the World" by Benjamin Labatut.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Kanopy is a great site, isn't it? Lots and lots of movies.
    I think the number of movies may depend on what's available at (or through) your local library. I have had Kanopy for a couple months and Demons is the first film I've watched. Selection small so far.

I'll see if I can figure out how to get Hoopla through Roku. Kanopy was complicated enough for this dinosaur.
    Frog in boiling water