Page 407 of 407 FirstFirst ... 307357397403404405406407
Results 10,151 to 10,158 of 10158

Thread: Movies - Take Two. Action!

OH HELL YES

If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    OH HELL YES

Will definitely seeing that one in the theater.

A Day at the Beach--found on YT, written by Roman Polanski. Set in a rundown Dutch seaside resort, it depicts a day in the life of Bernie, a self-destructive alcoholic, as he takes Winnie, a young girl with a leg brace, to the resort despite constant rain. Though Winnie calls Bernie "uncle", he is likely her biological father. Over the course of the day, they encounter various people whom Bernie alternately berates and scams for alcohol, while Winnie is often left alone to fend for herself. It was sort of interesting, tho I found Bernie and his way of speech off putting.

Twister never saw it back in the day. Sort of crowd pleaser I guess, big stars, kind of dumb though the way it's portrayed the storm chasers running right up to tornadoes. I thought it was middling.

The First Omen--I thought it was okay and at times interesting though a bit of a slow burn. There are some neat moments, but I think really it really depends on if you like horror, The Omen as a movie/ series, or the main character Nell Tiger Free as an actor. I like all three although I wouldn't say The First Omen is a classic. It had its moments, and held my interesting, though I could sense where it was heading toward the end. Hulu

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    OH HELL YES
    It's being released at Christmas? WTF?
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

The Bikeriders: Back in the late 60’s and early 70’s photographer Danny Lyon spent several years with the Outlaws Motorcycle Club near Chicago and documented everything in photographs and interviews. He published a well-known book called “The Bikeriders” on which this film is based. The cast is stellar with Tom Hardey, Austin Butler, Jody Comer, Norman Reidus, Michael Shannon, Boyd Holbrooke, Damon Herriman, and other well-known names. The story is a bit inconsistent. Parts of the film move rather slowly and there are a few plot holes that bothered me a bit. Overall, a good film, but I expected it to be a bit better.

3.5 out of 5

Perfect Days on Hulu about a guy in Tokyo that cleans bathrooms. Liked it quite a bit.
    Last edited by hippypants; 2 Days Ago at 01:14 PM.

Not sure I'm sold on the still-pretty-uncanny-valley of this one, but....where do I know that song from??!?!

If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    Perfect Days on Hulu about a guy in Tokyo that cleans bathrooms. Liked it quite a bit.
    I was curious about that one.