Page 417 of 417 FirstFirst ... 317367407413414415416417
Results 10,401 to 10,404 of 10404

Thread: Movies - Take Two. Action!

Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    I watched this last night. Good movie. Did well on the wife falling asleep in the middle o meter. She stayed awake. Liotta is very good in this IMO. I'de even give it 4 out of 5.
    I have one of those meters, too.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Will definitely watch

If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Frog in boiling water

Joker Folie Deux: I am not a fan of comic book movies for the most part, but I did really enjoy the first Joker film as a stand-alone movie. I am not sure that I felt that it needed a sequel, but the movie was so successful that I guess it was inevitable. Joker II once again stars Jaquin Pheonix and adds Lady Gaga as Harly Quinn. I don’t know if it was because of Gaga, but the creators of the film decided to make this movie a musical. The musical sequences in the film, and there are a lot of them, are not original songs, but well-known tracks from the American songbook. It was a bold choice to try to pull off, but I don’t think it really works for the most part. The story, what there is of it, is part prison drama, part love story, and part courtroom drama. Overall, it is kind of a mess and for me a definite step down from the first film. On a positive note, Phoenix is once again amazing as the main character. Gaga is fine, although other than the musical numbers not given that much to do. The film looks amazing as the cinematography was stunning. I kind of wish I had gone back and watched the first movie again as several characters are brought back and I did not necessarily remember the details of their characters. In the end Joker II is not nearly the film the first one was, and I was pretty disappointed in it even though I thought Pheonix was great in his role.

2.5 out of 5 stars.