Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Is Genesis "Selling England by the Pound" the most perfect Prog album ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post

mmmhhh!!!... I think I'd have prefered ol'Rog to sing his own song and slow its pace down, to fit the sad mood of the concept album and change the anger tone from loud to "broodier". I'm quite glad they left Grapelli's violin out, though
    Don't forget there's the alternate version where Waters and Gilmour sing the song instead of Roy Harper:

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

^^^never heard that version before, thx

I kind of like it better (seems slowed down) but somewhat not finalized.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Have a Cigar is totally great. The lyrics alone make it that way.

Now, if you want to hear the worst-ever version, seek out the live version with Roy Harper. It's beyond terrible.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Halmyre View Post
    No love for Trespass?
    Plenty of love for Trespass here. Also ATTW3 and Duke