Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Rick Beato... yeah or nay?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    AI and digital tech in general is on the verge of destroying art completely.
    Not completely, as long as real passionate human artists are still alive.

If an artist needs to adjust to some YouTube algorithm or Spotify algorithm in favor of their creative vision, I'd say: just stop it. It's not worth it. Don't feed the hand that bites you.
    Last edited by Czyszy; 2 Days Ago at 03:44 AM.
    NG ~ BC ~ PA
    “Pointing out the problem doesn't make it go away!” —Mr. Enter

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    I'm not sure the lyrics of Across the universe are really great.
    Limitless, undying love
    Which shines around me like a million suns
    It calls me on and on
    Across the universe.

I can’t speak for you, but that’s a pretty fine lyric in my opinion.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Limitless, undying love
    It calls me on and on
    Across the universe.

I'm not saying it's bad, but it's not what I would call great. It does nothing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    I'm not saying it's bad, but it's not what I would call great. It does nothing for me.
    It's no "I eat at Chez Nous," I must admit.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Limitless, undying love
    It calls me on and on
    Across the universe.

And kangaroo deva is just ridiculous.

Rick should release an album. Solo album. Or maybe he's doing this fairly regularly already and I simply haven't heard the news. I think that constantly doing this sort of music youtube thing, talking about *other* people's musical creativity (commentary, interviews, etc.) and guitar lessons can go on for only so long without actually putting to work the pull of his own musical creativity that way, considering the amount of musicality experience and ear that he has. That channel seems like giving a chef a tv show for months that takes away from the chef's actual time to cook.

Sure does cart out his ego a lot.
    Artist formerly known as Phlakaton

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchentootz View Post
    Sure does cart out his ego a lot.
    Rick's the guy who, during a pickup sport of any kind, claims he shoulda got a full-ride scholarship if his high-school coach wasn't such a dick. He's definitely bitter that he wasn't bigger. And he grows more comfortable in his "get off my lawn" critiques.

Every modern generation has had shitty pop music. Fabian, Defranco Family, Bay City Rollers, Leif Garret, Tiffany, Debbie Gibson, just to name a few. Tweeny Bop has always been the path of least resistance and always will be. I've got too large a music collection to worry about the future of something from which I do not rely upon to make a living. I feel genuinely bad for people that wished they could make a living in the music industry. I feel bad about a lot of jobs that have gone by the wayside. Well, kinda. As far as art goes, isn't most of the world's most revered art attributed to dead people? Doesn't sound like much of a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Rick doubles down and brings the receipts

I think that's one of his best videos ever, actually. He defended his side very well, made a lot of good points and the pace was intense; unlike a lot of his videos that drag, just so they can be long.

Neil
    Last edited by boilk; 1 Day Ago at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    He's definitely bitter that he wasn't bigger.
    Hmm obviously I don’t listen to all his videos, plus mostly saw vids from the last year or so, and might have missed things but there are examples to the contrary. For example, in a very recent Beatles / T Swift vid, he says “even I got” so and so award, to play down his own merits, fairly humbly. What I gather overall from the vids I’ve seen is that he’s simply mostly just passionate about music and it comes through in the specific topics he chooses. I think he’s drawn to his various particular topics very naturally and so the vids mostly just flow on, which is also a part of the reason they’re unfortunately longer than they can be. At least that’s what I’m generally picking up as a musician from many of those vids.

Also there was a recent comment here about him demanding “perfect pitch” or something like that, hmm I’m not sure that’s true – he did have one recent vid where he was complaining that someone (and even people generally…) he’d expect would tell apart which of two notes is the higher one couldn’t do that, but that's obviously much milder than rigorously demanding “perfect pitch”. He did have another vid with someone at the piano (who apparently has perfect pitch) but I think the point of that other vid was to discuss perfect pitch as a topic, not demand it. Besides, wanting to not hear out-of-tune or off moments in performances, if you’re simply automatically effortlessly sensing them after decades of having trained your ear whether you tried so or not, isn’t a bad thing; eat some food that happened to be prepared over-the-top salty and you might voice your annoyance too.

Limitless, undying love
    It calls me on and on
    Across the universe.

"Nothing's gonna change my world" -- that line alone makes it eternal.
    What we feel we have to solve is why the dregs have not dissolved.

You want to gain interest for a sh*tty pop song, get some TV commercial to use it for their ad. This is the way a song featuring someone emotionlessly saying, "I'ma bring the wow," over a backing track that sounds like a malfunctioning synthesizer gets interest.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    You want to gain interest for a sh*tty pop song, get some TV commercial to use it for their ad. This is the way a song featuring someone emotionlessly saying, "I'ma bring the wow," over a backing track that sounds like a malfunctioning synthesizer gets interest.
    It might be one of the reasons why I completely stopped watching TV some time ago! Not only TV programs are utterly unwatchable now, but the ads as well. Today's commercials have gotten so generic. They resemble a modification of a pre-made template, like never before.
    NG ~ BC ~ PA
    “Pointing out the problem doesn't make it go away!” —Mr. Enter