Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849
Results 1,201 to 1,213 of 1213

Thread: Soundcloud Share Thread

Quote Originally Posted by clivey View Post
    Listening now. It's you for sure. The pallet of sounds is quite a bit different to what I usually hear from you and I think that it adds to the overall vibe. I can now see where you are looking towards perhaps with the new synth giving an even stronger bottom end. .
    I dig this. Nice segue and movement. Hammond with an excellently sinister timbre and "B Movie "vibe suiting the piece really well. Head is bopping away gently. Well done on getting this done and out in the wild. Yeah. Listen again now . Yeah.
    Thanks. I wanted to get a bit more in a rock setting and perhaps a bit the way I used to make music in the 80s, but with the possibilities I have now. I used the Prog Rock Distortion preset from the Arturia B3, changed some settings and added chorus and tape-echo. The new synthesizer I want to buy will probably used mostly for solo-work.

Quote Originally Posted by cmillerjr View Post
    I agree with Clivey, a very nice blend of sounds and I like the transition to the "heavier" part as well. Nice virtual drumming too. It propels the music along without getting in the way. I tried to "Like" it on SoundCloud but I got an error of some sort. I will definitely listen again.
    The drumparts in the second part I more or less copied from pieces by Billy Cobham on drum-computer programming, published in Keyboard Magazine, though I changed some sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Nice. A bit fusiony. What instruments did you use?
    It's a pretty dense arrangement, orchestration-wise: all soft synths (except for the Hammond).....and lots of Cherry stuff. (Miniverse, Pro Soloist, Harmonia, GX80, Lowdown). Other stuff includes:
    • Superior Drums
    • Battery (drum loop)
    • SHAKE Shaker loops
    • Kontakt Upright Bass
    • Cherry Audio Lowdown (bass pedals)
    • Kontakt Maverick Ac Piano
    • Scarbee Rhodes
    • Logic Sampler (vibraphone)
    • Soniccouture Rochsichord (RMI through a Leslie emulator)
    • Hammond A100/Leslie 145
    • Kontakt Electric Guitar
    • Kontakt Nylon Str Guitar
    • ROLI Equator Electric Slide Guitar
    • Cherry Audio Miniverse
    • Cherry Audio Pro Soloist (flutes)
    • Sonccouture Tape Choir
    • Arturia Mellotron Choir
    • Cherry Audio Harmonia (pads)
    • Soniccouture Music Box
    • Cherry Audio GX80 (brass synth)
    • Logic Sampler "Blue Carpet" (pad)
    • Arturia Pigments (pad)

Quote Originally Posted by pstrawser View Post
    It's a pretty dense arrangement, orchestration-wise: all soft synths (except for the Hammond).....and lots of Cherry stuff. (Miniverse, Pro Soloist, Harmonia, GX80, Lowdown). Other stuff includes:
    • Superior Drums
    • Battery (drum loop)
    • SHAKE Shaker loops
    • Kontakt Upright Bass
    • Cherry Audio Lowdown (bass pedals)
    • Kontakt Maverick Ac Piano
    • Scarbee Rhodes
    • Logic Sampler (vibraphone)
    • Soniccouture Rochsichord (RMI through a Leslie emulator)
    • Hammond A100/Leslie 145
    • Kontakt Electric Guitar
    • Kontakt Nylon Str Guitar
    • ROLI Equator Electric Slide Guitar
    • Cherry Audio Miniverse
    • Cherry Audio Pro Soloist (flutes)
    • Sonccouture Tape Choir
    • Arturia Mellotron Choir
    • Cherry Audio Harmonia (pads)
    • Soniccouture Music Box
    • Cherry Audio GX80 (brass synth)
    • Logic Sampler "Blue Carpet" (pad)
    • Arturia Pigments (pad)
    Considering you do a lot for Cherry Audio, I expected you would have used a lot of their stuff.

Considering you do a lot for Cherry Audio, I expected you would have used a lot of their stuff.
    Yeah, their synths have become pretty indispensable for me the last few years. Although, I think I may need to start using more hardware to justify having that stuff take up so much space in my basement!

Yeah, their synths have become pretty indispensable for me the last few years. Although, I think I may need to start using more hardware to justify having that stuff take up so much space in my basement!
    I can imagine. I also feel a bit guilty if I don't use my hardware stuff. But well my next piece will be mainly hardware based with Nord Electro electric Yamaha piano preset, Nord G2 Engine, Behringer MS-5 which I'm about to buy and probably my Roland Sytem 100 Model 101.

Just released a new tune on Bandcamp (link below).....part of a full-length release that'll come along soon!

https://patstrawser.bandcamp.com/track/winds-of-march-2

Hope you enjoy it!

I posted on FB but to repeat here, love it, fab tune and thanks as ever for sharing!
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Uploaded my new composition:

Two part piece with an electronic opening and a more rocklike second part.
    Used VST instruments:
    Cherry Audio PS-20
    Cherry Audio CA2600
    Cherry Audio Mercury-4
    Cherry Audio DCO-106
    Cherry Audio Miniverse
    Arturia B3
    Arturia ARP 2600
    Arturia Modular
    Ample Sound Bass P II Lite
    Groove Agent SE
    Finally giving this a listen...great work! It's you but also definitely distinct from the other tunes I've heard you share. Since you mentioned these concerns in the other thread, I think the mix is really solid. Nothing feels buried or muddy, there's a good separation between all the instruments. I don't find myself "leaning in" trying to hear something that feels lost or "covered" by another instrument.

So great work!! Thanks as ever for sharing
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    I posted on FB but to repeat here, love it, fab tune and thanks as ever for sharing!
    Thanks John! I appreciate it!

Uploaded my new composition:

Two part piece with an electronic opening and a more rocklike second part.
    Used VST instruments:
    Cherry Audio PS-20
    Cherry Audio CA2600
    Cherry Audio Mercury-4
    Cherry Audio DCO-106
    Cherry Audio Miniverse
    Arturia B3
    Arturia ARP 2600
    Arturia Modular
    Ample Sound Bass P II Lite
    Groove Agent SE
    Listening to this now, Rarebird....digging what I hear so far! And an impressive array of synths there!

Listening to this now, Rarebird....digging what I hear so far! And an impressive array of synths there!
    Thanks.
    That's the adventage of softsynths, you get a lot of instruments. I have the Arturia Collection and the Cherry Audio Collection. Both are now expanded, but well, I'll do with the older versions.

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Finally giving this a listen...great work! It's you but also definitely distinct from the other tunes I've heard you share. Since you mentioned these concerns in the other thread, I think the mix is really solid. Nothing feels buried or muddy, there's a good separation between all the instruments. I don't find myself "leaning in" trying to hear something that feels lost or "covered" by another instrument.

So great work!! Thanks as ever for sharing
    I was mainly worried about the Mercury-4 and the DCO-106, which basicly play the same chords the organ plays.

Here's a question about releases and how to protect yourself. A band I am in is planning on releaseing an album on Bandcamp sometime in the next month or two. When I've done this in the past I didn't expect many plays or purchases and did nothing except release it there. But now there are others involved and perhaps (hopefully) we will get a bit of traction and some sales.

Is it worth copyrighting the album? Do we have to copyright every song, or just the album and performance as a whole? Is there something else that we shoudl do or is this ciompletely unnecessary these days? Inquiring minds (who have no idea of what should be done) want to know.

Thanks
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Hey Bob! I honestly wasn't sure; my earliest albums all got copyright registered with the Library of Congress back in the 90's but I've done little with it since. Based on this article it sounds like it isn't necessary, but may offer additional protections: https://www.copyright.gov/engage/musicians/

IMHO unless you're planning to achieve Taylor Swift levels of traction, you're probably OK. But I'm not a legal expert so by all means, don't take that as gospel