Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Present new album crowdfunding

Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    The new album smokes. Our own Udi has done wonders with the sound in it.
    Thank you for sharing Sir!

The album indeed sounds nothing but great. Not nice and sweet great but more like a tornado going through a town great.

Is it Roger's voice in This Is Not The End part I ? Sounds like a message from the beyond.
    Yes and Yes.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    I'm gonna jump on this one (if they press a CD)
    You REALLY should ! And yes, it's available in CD format (Thank You Cunei/Steve)

And everything that was said about it before is true: this record is not just "good", it's amazing ! One of the best coming from Belgium, (with last year's Ogives album).

BELGIUM: 10 POINTS !

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Krautman View Post
    You REALLY should ! And yes, it's available in CD format (Thank You Cunei/Steve)

And everything that was said about it before is true: this record is not just "good", it's amazing ! One of the best coming from Belgium, (with last year's Ogives album).

BELGIUM: 10 POINTS !

I'm expecting Mandaï Distr to ship it this week (apparently Olivier didn't have it in stock anymore)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Krautman View Post
    You're welcome and very glad you enjoyed it so much. It was very gratifying to be able to get RT's final compositional works out into the world
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

message from Mandaï sent on 22/04/24

Hello,

You're getting this mail because you've pre-ordered Present's "this is
    not the end" CD.

Sorry to announce a delay for the delivery of Present's latest album.

We're waiting for different releases by Cuneiform to be out of the
    factory and reduce the shipping and custom fees - That's how we can keep
    the prices low so far.

Unfortunately, a misprint occured in one of the forthcoming release and
    our shipment has been delayed. It won't last too long but we can't give
    a date yet: the new print is already in production and we'll get them
    shipped as soon as possible.

Thanks for your understanding, we'll come back to you as soon as we'd
    get the records ready to be sent to you.
    Cheers,
    The Mandaï Team

Given that I've ordered four other albums at the same time (not all Cuneiform), I'm still waiting for the rest of the oder (made early March) as well
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

This Is NOT The End is quite a monumental album. I wrote a review of it: https://pienemmatpurot.com/review-pr...-the-end-2024/
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

Quote Originally Posted by Kcrimso View Post
    This Is NOT The End is quite a monumental album. I wrote a review of it: https://pienemmatpurot.com/review-pr...-the-end-2024/
    Thank You

Sounds like a message from the beyond.
    It probably is.

This is the one Present that comes the closest to my eternal fave - Le Poison - IMHO. Not because it appears immediately akin as sound or form or anything (it really doesn't) but due to its effect of overwhelming grandiosity in artistic conviction once you hear it as seasoned listener/follower. My previous post-Poison fave of Present was High Infidelity.

But this one numbs simple expectations. Sovereign norm. Magnificent!
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    It probably is.

This is the one Present that comes the closest to my eternal fave - Le Poison - IMHO. Not because it appears immediately akin as sound or form or anything (it really doesn't) but due to its effect of overwhelming grandiosity in artistic conviction once you hear it as seasoned listener/follower. My previous post-Poison fave of Present was High Infidelity.

But this one numbs simple expectations. Sovereign norm. Magnificent!
    High Infidelity is my number one Present album.
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

Quote Originally Posted by Udi Koomran View Post
    I love Tris and Certitudes
    I think that you did fantastic job with High Infidelity. It one of the best sounding albums I have ever heard. I always test new hi-fi equipment purchases by listening to it.

I think that you did fantastic job with High Infidelity. It one of the best sounding albums I have ever heard. I always test new hi-fi equipment purchases by listening to it.
    Really ?
    I need to revisit … long time

Quote Originally Posted by calyx View Post
    Trailer for the new Toubifri album, featuring Présent's guitarist François Mignot -

This is really something. Makes me realize how little I’ve heard. So much good music out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nijinsky Hind View Post
    This is really something. Makes me realize how little I’ve heard. So much good music out there.
    This is cool stuff. Not sure how I'm supposed to buy it, as it doesn't seem to be on bandcamp, as a download. Which is weird, because the last two are available there as downloads. This new one is on bandcamp, but only for sale as a physical CD there. Weird. Call it a win, for the physical purists, lol.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    This is cool stuff. Not sure how I'm supposed to buy it, as it doesn't seem to be on bandcamp, as a download. Which is weird, because the last two are available there as downloads. This new one is on bandcamp, but only for sale as a physical CD there. Weird. Call it a win, for the physical purists, lol.
    Weird; I don't think I've ever seen a Bandcamp release that didn't have a download option.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Weird; I don't think I've ever seen a Bandcamp release that didn't have a download option.
    Yes, I have. It happens.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Yes, I have. It happens.
    Saw one last year on bandcamp that was vinyl only.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

Neil
    Free Human Zoo's first two were BC releases (physical & downloads), but they have yet to put up their third one (out for roughly 13 months now). The guys at the merchendize desk at the SZ in late Febr/24 had no idea why it was that way. I didn't get a chance to ask the musos why, but cared less since I had just bought it before the show.

Free Human Zoo's first two were BC releases (physical & downloads), but they have yet to put up their third one (out for roughly 13 months now). The guys at the merchendize desk at the SZ in late Febr/24 had no idea why it was that way. I didn't get a chance to ask the musos why, but cared less since I had just bought it before the show.
    I sent the Very Big Experimental people a message through bandcamp. Whether they see, or respond, will be the next question.

Neil

it finally got to my postal mail box yesterday (along with two Cunei Soft Machine sets), and after two spins (in the car), it sounds like yet another Present album (and that's an excellent thing), but couldn't see/hear the "outstandishness" everyone here is claiming

will listen more of course, but on an hi)fi.

I don't own the Live! album (96) to check it out, but is Contre a rework of that then- previously unreleased track?
    Last edited by Trane; 05-14-2024 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by calyx View Post
    Trailer for the new Toubifri album, featuring Présent's guitarist François Mignot -

Well, they actually responded to my bandcamp message, regarding why it isn't available as a download there, but is available to order as a CD there:

"Hi Neil,

Thanks for your message!

Unfortunately we are not the distributors of the digital version of the album.
    You can buy this version on:
    Amazon
    Itunes
    Qobuz
    Tidal

Hope it works for you!

Sophie"

Qobuz and Tidal are streaming services and Itunes and Amazon won't let me download the files in Canada, last time I tried. So, if it shows up on youtube (which they usually do, and yes, there it is), I can rip it off of there....and send them no money, which I would rather do. CDs, unless I buy them in person, are too expensive for this lowly Canadian and his crappy Canadian dollar value.

Neil

Well, they actually responded to my bandcamp message, regarding why it isn't available as a download there, but is available to order as a CD there:

Qobuz and Tidal are streaming services and Itunes and Amazon won't let me download the files in Canada, last time I tried. So, if it shows up on youtube (which they usually do, and yes, there it is), I can rip it off of there....and send them no money, which I would rather do. CDs, unless I buy them in person, are too expensive for this lowly Canadian and his crappy Canadian dollar value.
    Seems to be available as a download from Qobuz.

https://www.qobuz.com/ca-en/album/th...MTE3MzY3NzE5NQ..

it finally got to my postal mail box yesterday (along with two Cunei Soft Machine sets), and after two spins (in the car), it sounds like yet another Present album (and that's an excellent thing), but couldn't see/hear the "outstandishness" everyone here is claiming

will listen more of course, but on an hi)fi.

I don't own the Live! album (96) to check it out, but is Contre a rework of that then- previously unreleased track?
    As you quoted my review link I have to ask what is this "outstandishness" that you are referring to?