Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Survivor - Season 40 And Onward

I have Lauren still alive in the family survivor pool. $300 bucks to me if she wins tonight, so I am rooting for her!

I'll take Crazy Carolyn, for the win!

Serengeti Svengali Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    I'm sure Carolyn will win because that's what happens in this "new" survivor. And if that happens I'll probably skip the aftershow. lol
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    I'm sure Carolyn will win because that's what happens in this "new" survivor. And if that happens I'll probably skip the aftershow. lol
    That thought has crossed my mind as well. They have made her out to be half crazy which could be a set up for her to be the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Next season, Survivor episodes will be 90 minutes each.
    Hopefully that will give them more time to focus on the relationships and personal side of the game like they used to. I feel like there is so much going on on the social and strategic side of the game that we don't get to see. I have to say that I was very surprised at last night's outcome and I'm sure that the social game had a lot to do with it.

We watched up to the announcement of the winner last night, but haven't yet watched the after-show.
    Last edited by ForeverAutumn; 05-25-2023 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Next season, Survivor episodes will be 90 minutes each.
    That's only temporary.

It's because of the writers strike. Survivor and "unscripted" TV shows aren't impacted by the absence of writers.

Several other "reality" shows are also going to 90 minutes.
    Regards,

Duncan

Serengeti Svengali Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Well I;m happy with who won (and more happy at who didn't :P). I'm going to say it was that answer about reading people's eyes that pushed the jury in that direction.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Hopefully that will give them more time to focus on the relationships and personal side of the game like they used to. I feel like there is so much going on on the social and strategic side of the game that we don't get to see. I have to say that I was very surprised at last night's outcome and I'm sure that the social game had a lot to do with it.

We watched up to the announcement of the winner last night, but haven't yet watched the after-show.
    Hopefully they don't use that extra time to tell even more sob stories......

In the end Lauren finished 4th which means I did not finish in the money in the Survivor pool. She was literally standing right in front of the immunity idol in the tree, but did not see it. Oh well.......

I was actually surprised that Yam-Yam won over the other two. I really think Carolyn played a great game. I'm surprised she got no votes.

Did anyone see who received the Sia Awards for the season? I thought they were good choices.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

Yam-Yam did play a good game as far as camaraderie and kept what could otherwise just be another season of Survivor fun and fresh. I also have to give it to him in helping Conner learn to make fire.

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    Yam-Yam did play a good game as far as camaraderie and kept what could otherwise just be another season of Survivor fun and fresh. I also have to give it to him in helping Conner learn to make fire.
    I agree. Seeing him try to calm Carson down and show him how to make fire was very touching. And I suspect it's those relationships that were built on Yam Yam's kindness and personality that, in the end, won him the game. Initially I was kind of upset that he won, but the more I think about it the more I realize that he's a good choice. It's kind of nice to see someone win for kindness, intelligent and their social game mores than their physical game.

Although I really did think that Carolyn might win and I'm surprised that she didn't get any votes at all.

New season started Wed night. I am convinced that this season they chose the contestants on the basis of how annoying they are. So far there are very few that I like at all. In the family survivor pool I have the young longer haired kid Austin, so I have to root for him. Seems like quite a few wack jobs on this season though.

Yeah, pretty eclectic cast for Season 45. I was surprised when Brandon (the long-haired guy) started crying pretty early on. I'm not sure what his skills are, but they are not physical. I think the woman they decided on last week to eliminate was a no-brainer. It's too early to tell who I like this season. Emily is pretty outspoken, which makes me think she won't last long, less she curves her tongue, but that doesn't seem likely. I'm glad it's back on.

The Amazing Race came on afterwards. I sort of like that show too. They were in Thailand last week. The massages that some were getting looked painful and at the same time therapeutic. Thailand looked like a interesting place to visit.

I was happy to see that Emily wasn't voted out last night. She started off very aggressive and annoying, but in last night's episode they showed a softer side of her that had her laughing and joking a lot. I really think that under the tough A-type personality they have shown so far, there is a fun-loving happy person. I'd like to see more of that person. Her comment about "I have friends, believe it or not" kind of floored me. She seems to be long on drive but short on confidence. I think she's on a very cool Survivor-journey of self-discovery.

I might also have a soft spot for her because she reminds me a lot of my cousin's daughter, who is of above-average intelligence (has a Ph.D) and can be socially awkward. But once you get to know her she is an incredible young woman who is hilarious!

I hope that Emily can turn things around with her tribe. Although if they lose another challenge, she's probably out.

I was happy to see that Emily wasn't voted out last night. She started off very aggressive and annoying, but in last night's episode they showed a softer side of her that had her laughing and joking a lot. I really think that under the tough A-type personality they have shown so far, there is a fun-loving happy person. I'd like to see more of that person. Her comment about "I have friends, believe it or not" kind of floored me. She seems to be long on drive but short on confidence. I think she's on a very cool Survivor-journey of self-discovery.

I might also have a soft spot for her because she reminds me a lot of my cousin's daughter, who is of above-average intelligence (has a Ph.D) and can be socially awkward. But once you get to know her she is an incredible young woman who is hilarious!

I hope that Emily can turn things around with her tribe. Although if they lose another challenge, she's probably out.
    Agree, she came off much better last night.

I think they voted off the right one. If the tribe can't stop going to tribal councils none of them will survive. I didn't mind Brandon, but he seemed to be the weakest link in their bunch. Emily did make a nice turnaround, but she needs to watch her back if they go to another council. I do like that Kaleb extended his friendship to Emily. Starting out in the game I don't think I'd want to chance my tribal vote unless I was really secure with the group.

Interesting TC last night. I am really starting to dig Emily. I think she's been humbled and her game play will be very different from now on. With a team switch-up coming, I hope she goes into her new team with a different attitude than she started the game with.

I still don't like the overly complicated immunity idols. It reeks of producer manipulation of the game to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I still don't like the overly complicated immunity idols. It reeks of producer manipulation of the game to me.
    I completely agree. Just last night my husband and I were confused about the new immunity idol twist. Someone found an idol but if you want to extend its time-value, you can't vote. But then there is the Goodwill thing that gives you your vote back. So could the idol holder use the Goodwill thing to vote and still extend how long his idol is good for?

The game shouldn't be this complicated.

Interesting TC last night. I am really starting to dig Emily. I think she's been humbled and her game play will be very different from now on. With a team switch-up coming, I hope she goes into her new team with a different attitude than she started the game with.
    Nah - I think she's a social misfit and her "sudden personality improvement" will inevitably break down - and probably quite soon.

I'll be happy to be wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Agreed!
    Regards,

Duncan

I completely agree. Just last night my husband and I were confused about the new immunity idol twist. Someone found an idol but if you want to extend its time-value, you can't vote. But then there is the Goodwill thing that gives you your vote back. So could the idol holder use the Goodwill thing to vote and still extend how long his idol is good for?

The game shouldn't be this complicated.
    For me that adds interest, and keeps the players off guard. If it never changed at all I would find that boring. I'm also glad that it seems like they changed tribes earlier than expected.

I'm not sure why Sean asked everyone to vote for him as he did, but made the council easy. I would have voted for anyone that asked to be voted out too. Plus the woman was right, they need all the muscle they can get to keep from coming back again. Sly of Sifu to ask Sean if he voted for him at the end.

Two of my faves: Kaleb and Kellie, now on the jury. So however, it plays out from now, is just a watch for me. I'm thinking Bruce may still last a bit longer that most. Who might make top three: Austin, Drew, carried along by Austin, for whatever reason I don't care for him much, and maybe, Dee.

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    Two of my faves: Kaleb and Kellie, now on the jury. So however, it plays out from now, is just a watch for me. I'm thinking Bruce may still last a bit longer that most. Who might make top three: Austin, Drew, carried along by Austin, for whatever reason I don't care for him much, and maybe, Dee.
    I liked the twist this week. Three people losing their votes in front of everyone, and the rest of the tribe not knowing who, if anyone, got their votes back. It's tough to plan a strategy when you don't even know who's voting.

I'm still rooting for Emily. From her rocky start, I like her more and more.

Surprisingly, I seem to be enjoying this season quite a bit and think it is one of the best in recent years. I actually like all the players left in the final 5 and could see any of them deserving to win. Most of the annoying wack jobs got voted out fairly early.

The producers seem to have cut back a bit on the sappy sob stories this year too and the idols / advantages seem a bit less complicated and less manipulative than recent years. I hope this trend continues.

I have Austin in the survivor pool this time around so rooting for him at this point.