Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor - Season 40 And Onward

Yeah...these players suck. It's just backgound noise for me now while I do other things.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Has anyone figured out who the former NFL player is?
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    Has anyone figured out who the former NFL player is?
    Danny McCray - 6 years as DB with the Cowboys. Only a regular starter in 1 of those years, but was on-field for almost all games. Retired 2015.
    Regards,

Duncan

I'm still hanging in. This week was probably the best episode of the season so far, but the bar has been set pretty low.

As Xander and Evie were talking about him giving her the idol, I said to my husband "could he give the idol to someone else to give to Evie, so that whether he or Evie were asked if they have an idol, they could both say no?". I laughed when we found out that Tiffany had it. That was a pretty smart move.

The chick who had the "steal an idol" advantage is an idiot. She knew that Xander knew about her advantage, so why would she think that he would show off his idol like that in front of everyone? She should have known that it was a set-up. But like everyone says, it's easy to see these things when you're sitting at home. It still seemed like a dumb move.
    Last edited by ForeverAutumn; 11-04-2021 at 11:11 PM.

I have not watched the most recent episode yet, but am still hanging in. I am not enjoying this season as much as I usually do. I think with all the twists and turns they are making everything too complicated. Maybe it is just my simple brain can't keep track of everything, but I liked it better when the game was more simple.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I have not watched the most recent episode yet, but am still hanging in. I am not enjoying this season as much as I usually do. I think with all the twists and turns they are making everything too complicated. Maybe it is just my simple brain can't keep track of everything, but I liked it better when the game was more simple.
    I agree. I'd like to see them go back to a season one type of game. You get water and rice. There are reward and immunity challenges. There are no hidden immunity idols or twists and turns. Just a simple bareboned game with no advantages where the winner has to truly outwit, outlast, and outplay. Make the challenges harder and make the social game more important. I mean, when was the last time we saw a player pass-out from heat exhaustion because the challenge was so gruelling?

Even the things this season that should be great are anti-climatic. I would have liked to see Erika's thought process on breaking the hourglass, and more time spent on other players reactions. I know they probably edited a lot of that out to make time for Tribal Council. But the whole event was almost a non-event.

Still here. Barely.

Yeah, bare bones means just that. I wish for the same. Heck, throw in an idol (read: 1 idol... ONE) but make them work for it like before. Remember they had clues and they were hidden well? Now, they are one meter away from their path to get their ice-cooled water.

Yes, too many advantages and idols in this current game.

Also, stop with the tribal council conferences! They shouldn't be allowed to leave their stump! Make them say things to one another openly, coded, or don't say it at all. Tribal becomes a farce with junk like last night's episode. Where's my lawn????!!!!

I wanna see a big nekkid gay guy walk around on the beach again, just a kidding. Actually I have been enjoying this season, not knowing where it's going along with the participants. I have a few favorites: Naseer, Xander, Sydney (uh, bye bye), and Erika (underdog, but doubt she'll make it unless she really steps up her game and finds some alliances), and Liana (a pretty good chance of making it), but who knows who will make it? I gotten that I don't have strong favorites b/c chance plays a big role in the game.

Genie deserved to go home, she didn't play very well, and neither did Jairus or JD (young African American) whatever his name was. If I ever found an idol, I'd never share that information even if I wanted to befriend someone. It seems like that always comes back to haunt them. The other thing is never fully trust anyone.

Serengeti Svengali Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I agree. I'd like to see them go back to a season one type of game. You get water and rice. There are reward and immunity challenges. There are no hidden immunity idols or twists and turns. Just a simple bareboned game with no advantages where the winner has to truly outwit, outlast, and outplay. Make the challenges harder and make the social game more important. I mean, when was the last time we saw a player pass-out from heat exhaustion because the challenge was so gruelling?

Even the things this season that should be great are anti-climatic. I would have liked to see Erika's thought process on breaking the hourglass, and more time spent on other players reactions. I know they probably edited a lot of that out to make time for Tribal Council. But the whole event was almost a non-event.
    I'm not in for the social game being more important. I never like when someone plays a blah game but is liked by people and then wins or at least does better than they should have. I understand that social aspect is a part of the game, but only a part.

Erika's decision was the easiest thing in the world, IMO. Be safe at tribal or not...how much time was really needed on this.

Not in reaction to this post...but I like the chaos at tribal when people stand up and talk in hushed tones in small ever changing groups. I'd go along with less advantages and the like, although to navigate all that does add to the outwit portion of the show, so I wouldn't want them gone altogether. Overall, I'd put this season in the middle somewhere. Certainly not the snoozefests some of those middle seasons were, but no where near the best ones (but don't ask me which ones they were, as alot of this just blends together for me).
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Just poke around the interwebs to see that this season from a viewer and critic perspective is a complete bomb. I agree with ya'll, strip it back to early seasons. Maybe an idol or two and hidden well enough so that you couldn't find it without several clues, like buried 3ft deep in the middle of nowhere. Go back to rice and water, plus earned fishing gear and keep the 39 days.

I wonder if Survivor 42 is going to be a return to normal, a continuation of 41 or a hybrid.

Oh, and please go somewhere besides Fiji. Australia was awesome!

Just poke around the interwebs to see that this season from a viewer and critic perspective is a complete bomb. I agree with ya'll, strip it back to early seasons. Maybe an idol or two and hidden well enough so that you couldn't find it without several clues, like buried 3ft deep in the middle of nowhere. Go back to rice and water, plus earned fishing gear and keep the 39 days.

I wonder if Survivor 42 is going to be a return to normal, a continuation of 41 or a hybrid.

Oh, and please go somewhere besides Fiji. Australia was awesome!
    I think I remember reading that they filmed season 41 & 42 back to back, so my guess it will be more of the same.

Serengeti Svengali Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I think I remember reading that they filmed season 41 & 42 back to back, so my guess it will be more of the same.
    Yep.

Also, I agree. They need to get out of Fiji.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Yep.

Also, I agree. They need to get out of Fiji.
    I am sure that from a production standpoint, filming in one location is much smoother and takes out a lot of the logistical headaches, but I agree it has also caused things to get a bit stale. Part of the fun of the early seasons was the location where it was filmed.

I believe that Fiji invited them back and allowed them to film during Covid.

I believe that Fiji invited them back and allowed them to film during Covid.
    They have been filming in Fiji since 2016.

I'm really starting to dig Xander's play. He's a lot smarter than he looks. He might be my pick to win.

Shan is really getting on my nerves. Her comment about letting her parishioners (or however she referred to them) have discussions and then bringing them around to what she wants to do is not leadership, it's manipulation. She doesn't sound like a very good pastor.

Shan is really getting on my nerves. Her comment about letting her parishioners (or however she referred to them) have discussions and then bringing them around to what she wants to do is not leadership, it's manipulation. She doesn't sound like a very good pastor.
    Me too! I had hopes that she was going to get blindsided last tribal. The editing seemed to support the possibility.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    I couldn't have said it better. Can't stand her.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

I'm really starting to dig Xander's play. He's a lot smarter than he looks. He might be my pick to win.

Totally agree on Shan. Completely full of herself and a perfect example of a bad leader. Even though my wife has her in the family survivor pool, I hope she gets voted out soon. Xander does appear to be a favorite at this point. He is playing a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    I couldn't have said it better. Can't stand her.
    Yep...she needs to come down off her pedestal.

I can't cheer for Xander simply because his name is Xander.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post

My grandson's name is Xander!!

His (real) name is probably Ale...xander. I.e. Xander is probably a contraction of Alexander.
    Regards,

Duncan

My grandson's name is Xander!!
    I'll never cheer for your grandson

I'll never cheer for your grandson
    I'll never date your sister! Harumph.