Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Survivor - Season 40 And Onward

Great episode last night. Yet another person goes out holding an immunity idol. When will these people learn?

Q being voted out with the idol gives Maria a big advantage since she was the only one who knew he had it. She can go look for it and guarantee her spot in the final four. Unless the trend continues.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

Quote Originally Posted by paythesnuka View Post
    Great episode last night. Yet another person goes out holding an immunity idol. When will these people learn?
    That's 5.

MUST be a record..?
    Regards,

Duncan

Q being voted out with the idol gives Maria a big advantage since she was the only one who knew he had it. She can go look for it and guarantee her spot in the final four. Unless the trend continues.
    No doubt if she can find one she is in the drivers seat.

When it gets down this low in numbers, I have no idea what Q was thinking, and as I said, never tell anyone you have an idol. Who can you trust with a million bucks on the line?

I'll have to jump into this season sometime within the next few weeks.

Midway through last season I stopped watching. Then, I continued through that season after I realized the season was over.

Serengeti Svengali Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    When it gets down this low in numbers, I have no idea what Q was thinking, and as I said, never tell anyone you have an idol. Who can you trust with a million bucks on the line?
    Well Maria did vote with him and didn't tell anyone he had an idol (at least not that they showed), so its not like Maria betrayed him. But yes, rarely does that work out.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Rooting for Charlie or Maria at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    That's 5.

MUST be a record..?
    I believe that's 6!

Maria thought the vote was going to be Charlie. She had no idea that Kenzie and Liz were voting for Q. It was a great blindside for both Q and Maria. The start of next week's episode should be good as we see her reaction to the vote.

I'd like to see Charlie win. I'd be happy with Maria or Kenzie too. Although if Maria, Charlie or Kenzie win the final immunity they would be smart to try to have Ben and Liz sitting beside them.

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    What is it about Survivor competitors - they simply CANNOT keep their mouths shut about having an idol!

Very few have actually managed to keep that fact to themselves.
    Regards,

Duncan

And BTW - I hated the last Amazing Race - the whole thing was in South and central America, giving huge advantage to Spanish speakers

The teams who came 1st and 2nd both had a Spanish speaker, and both spent time in their home countries!

What happened to "a race around the world"? And the final challenge should have included the usual memory test that wrapped up all of the previous destinations.

Bah - humbug!
    Regards,

Duncan

And I'm getting sick of the (almost) identical Survivor challenges. They seem to have 3 or 4 basic formats, and all challenges are variations on those themes.

They should recruit someone from The Challenge's production team - those challenges are very varied, and different and fun!
    Regards,

Duncan

What is it about Survivor competitors - they simply CANNOT keep their mouths shut about having an idol!

Very few have actually managed to keep that fact to themselves.
    It really is amazing considering all of these people are students of the game and should know better.

And I'm getting sick of the (almost) identical Survivor challenges. They seem to have 3 or 4 basic formats, and all challenges are variations on those themes.

They should recruit someone from The Challenge's production team - those challenges are very varied, and different and fun!
    Agree, the challenges have gotten into a bit of a rut.

And BTW - I hated the last Amazing Race - the whole thing was in South and central America, giving huge advantage to Spanish speakers

The teams who came 1st and 2nd both had a Spanish speaker, and both spent time in their home countries!

What happened to "a race around the world"? And the final challenge should have included the usual memory test that wrapped up all of the previous destinations.

Bah - humbug!
    For whatever reason, this season was filmed before the last one shown and still had covid protocols in place (notice how they left in groups and never had to arrange their own transport). Why they waited until now to broadcast it I have no idea. That said...I agree completely. This season was a bust. But hopefully the next one they show will be a legitimate one again and they don't have anymore saved in the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Agree, the challenges have gotten into a bit of a rut.
    Agree with your both here as well.

I did enjoy most of it tho, as I more than likey would never travel into that part of the world due to the crime elements in certain parts of them. Those that spoke the language did have a huge leg up tho.

Cant say im a fan of the reason why Maria and especially Q voted. (which seemed to make all the difference in the end)

So, according to Maria and Q, the entire run of play all season meant nothing to them in the end when they voted for a winner. Horrible reasons for voting the way they did.

According to Charlie's end of game interview with EW, Maria has been changing her excuse for voting for Kenzie and he still has no idea why his best friend in the game voted the way she did.

I'm glad Kenzie one. Was rooting for her most of the game, especially after she helped Ben during his panic attack. Another interesting thing from the Charlie interview was that after Liz was voted out, Ben had another attack and it was Charlie who helped him through it.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

I'm really happy that Kenzie won. I liked her right from the start.

I don't understand why Liz thought she had played such a great game and was such a shoe-in for the win. Unless there were things edited out, I think she played a terrible game and was the least deserving to win, alongside Ben. The only thing she did that was strategic was helping Kenzie win the challenge to make sure that Maria didn't win, so Maria could be voted out. That was a brilliant move.

^ Agreed. I would have been trying to take Liz and Ben to the end.

So, according to Maria and Q, the entire run of play all season meant nothing to them in the end when they voted for a winner. Horrible reasons for voting the way they did.

According to Charlie's end of game interview with EW, Maria has been changing her excuse for voting for Kenzie and he still has no idea why his best friend in the game voted the way she did.

I'm glad Kenzie one. Was rooting for her most of the game, especially after she helped Ben during his panic attack. Another interesting thing from the Charlie interview was that after Liz was voted out, Ben had another attack and it was Charlie who helped him through it.
    Interesting. Seems there is something afoot.

My laptop has been in the shop so just getting time to comment. I was really really surprised Charlie did not win. I thought he was a sho-in. Q & Maria's votes are both head scratchers to me. I liked Maria through most of the show, but she kind of showed a sign of her towards the end that was rather mean spirited. I don't think she is a person I would want to be around in real life. I liked Kenzie ok, but think Charlie deserved the win.