Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1382

Thread: The 2020 NFL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chescorph View Post
    Totally disproven this season.
    totally disproven in overcoming that 27-3 4th quarter deficit Falcon SB if not years before that!

I've been calling him the GOAT for many years. Petty little haters just gotta hate
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    totally disproven in overcoming that 27-3 4th quarter deficit Falcon SB if not years before that!

I've been calling him the GOAT for many years. Petty little haters just gotta hate
    Calling who the GOAT, Brady or Belichik or both?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Calling who the GOAT, Brady or Belichik or both?
    ESPN had that same question addressed, but the biggest mouth lost the number one reason that attracted Brady. Brady could share coaching now, and I think he wants to be a coach in the future. I think that implies that Belichik ain’t giving up the reigns. There could be some age related issues with Belichik not talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    I got half of that on 1/3.
    Only one team had the officiating on their side.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Yes because the NFL has such a long history of propping up Tom Brady. Because the Chiefs winning back-to-back Super Bowls (with the heir apparent Mahomes) wouldn't have been a very good narrative for the NFL. Right.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Yes because the NFL has such a long history of propping up Tom Brady. Because the Chiefs winning back-to-back Super Bowls (with the heir apparent Mahomes) wouldn't have been a very good narrative for the NFL. Right.
    When you pick off Brady and then they call defensive holding which doesn't meet the criteria for the penalty all year long, yet your defender grabs a Packers jersey then picks off the ball which determines the outcome of the game. Open your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    If we're going to run with this story, better to squeeze another win for Brady while he's still here, as Mahomes has plenty of career left to milk.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I was rooting for the Chefs, but the PI calls on their DBs were legit. They never adjusted either.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I was rooting for the Chefs, but the PI calls on their DBs were legit. They never adjusted either.
    The Chiefs looked rattled early and never regained their composure. They're gonna have to protect Mahomes and give him more time in the pocket or he may never be in another SB again. I rooted for them too. I wanted to see the torch passed. The Chiefs aren't a lock next year. That's the breaks.

Banned
    Definitely, however the huge number of non-calls in those situations results in people applying a subjective judgement of legitimacy. Either we want click bait controversy, or the rules should be changed. IMO, contact, while the ball is in the air, should not be allowed. Initially, there will disruption, but eventually players will adapt.

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I was rooting for the Chefs..........
    My brother, sister-in-law and nephew living in Wichita are disappointed beyond words.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Also NFL ownership probably isnt crazy about what the Brady win represents in the long run. Here we have a superstar hand picking his team, then playing GM once he gets there (Gronk, Fournett and Brown) - shades of what the NBA has become.

Would have been a much better super bowl with the two teams that should have been there Browns/Packers. Now that would have been a hard game to pick.

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    My brother, sister-in-law and nephew living in Wichita are disappointed beyond words.
    Meanwhile I, also living in Wichita, was relieved to not have to hear the fair-weather Queefs fans chirping for yet another year.

Russell Wilson doing a lot of chirping in Seattle. Looks like the NBA comes to the NFL

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Would be stunned if he moved
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    The Chiefs looked rattled early and never regained their composure. They're gonna have to protect Mahomes and give him more time in the pocket or he may never be in another SB again. I rooted for them too. I wanted to see the torch passed. The Chiefs aren't a lock next year. That's the breaks.
    Brady is the GOAT .

I luv me sum Mahomes though, and if they do the right thing and draft O-line, he's gonna be tearin it up for many years
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Brady is the GOAT .
    The NFL channel is showing a Brady-thon. Reruns of his first season with TBay. I think Brady plans in playing two more seasons. I say he'll get one more ring, or maybe two. It wouldn't surprise me. They're probably gonna try to get JJ Wot? Just mortgage the future and go on a short dynasty. I'm 63. I will not see a QB like Brady ever again in my lifetime.

I dont know how much he has left in the tank but these past 20+ years have been fun to watch

What was he... a 6th round draft pick?!

What was he... a 6th round draft pick?!
    Yes, and rightly so. There wasn't the slightest indication that he would turn into the GOAT, or even be a legitimate starter.

JJ may not being playing with his brothers after all.

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/j...ed-in-steelers

Banned
    The WTF cheerleading squad say they were sexually harassed. That’s what happens when they incite an erection

RIP Vincent Jackson. Shocked to read about it, but the basic story leaves a lot of questions to be answered.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.