Page 132 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136 LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 3384

Thread: Vintage TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    They are known for inventing the setback camera effects, which are super-cool.

Holy damn! I thought the Mellotron was a complex piece of technology.... but it's nothing compared to that behemoth!
    NG ~ BC ~ PA
    “Pointing out the problem doesn't make it go away!” —Mr. Enter

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Am I alone in looking at that clip and seeing the young Nichelle Nichols?
    Yes, me too. Red minidress, boots and all. But I don't think Nichelle had blue eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Am I alone in looking at that clip and seeing the young Nichelle Nichols?
    Ur far from alone! Fans of the show even gave her the nickname "Uhura".
    NG ~ BC ~ PA
    “Pointing out the problem doesn't make it go away!” —Mr. Enter

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0123298...?ref_=tt_cl_sm
    The name of the character is Uhura in IMDB.

Hey I'm watching ..... Bride Of Frankenstein, with Elsa Lanchester. Damn she was cute back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Hey I'm watching ..... Bride Of Frankenstein, with Elsa Lanchester. Damn she was cute back then.
    such a great movie
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Yeah but Madeline Kahn cute?

Seriously, tho, the one I still have difficulty wrapping my head around is Angela Lansbury in Gaslight.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Seriously, tho, the one I still have difficulty wrapping my head around is Angela Lansbury in Gaslight.
    She never did anything for me, especially with Ingrid Bergman in the same room.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

She never did anything for me, especially with Ingrid Bergman in the same room.
    That's not an unfair comparison. lol Angela was cute; Ingrid was gorgeous.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I've seen footage of Angela Lansbury when she was young. She did something for me....

I'm watching.....Gidget.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    That's not an unfair comparison. lol Angela was cute; Ingrid was gorgeous.
    It's a perfectly fair comparison since they were costars on the movie you cited.

I'm watching.....Gidget.
    Can't remember whether that was before or after Sally Field joined a convent, and learned to fly.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

I'm watching a cheap, black and white film called.....13 Ghosts (1960)......belch!

I'm watching a cheap, black and white film called.....13 Ghosts (1960)......belch!
    Ahh, William Castle, the master of schlock and gimmicks. He was a much better producer than he was a director. Fun B-movies, though.

Neil

I'm watching....The Comedy Of Terrors (1963), starring Vincent Price, Peter Lorrie, and Boris Karloff, and a bimbo with big tits

I'm watching....The Comedy Of Terrors (1963), starring Vincent Price, Peter Lorrie, and Boris Karloff, and a bimbo with big tits
    And don't forget Orangey the cat. The only cat to win not one, but two PATSY awards.

Neil

I'm watching..... The Horror Of Dracula......with Jack Palance as Dracula .

I'm watching..... The Horror Of Dracula......with Jack Palance as Dracula .
    "Bram Stoker's Dracula." I remember this being broadcast on, I believe, CBS. It's pretty good.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I remember seeing this as a kid. It was actually a two-parter when it was first broadcast. As Dracula movies go, I think it holds up. Jack Palance suits the role well.

Dan Curtis sure had an obsession with vampires didn't he? He did Dark Shadows and The Night Stalker as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    I remember seeing this as a kid. It was actually a two-parter when it was first broadcast. As Dracula movies go, I think it holds up. Jack Palance suits the role well.

Dan Curtis sure had an obsession with vampires didn't he? He did Dark Shadows and The Night Stalker as well.
    The original Night Stalker movie was great. I was so excited when it became a TV series and liked it at the time ... as a kid. After all these years with ME-TV now showing it, I realized it's not very good.

The original Night Stalker movie was great. I was so excited when it became a TV series and liked it at the time ... as a kid. After all these years with ME-TV now showing it, I realized it's not very good.
    Yeah, the movie still holds up. It's still the most original vampire tale in that it presents the subject as a serial killer instead of some suave, machiavellian figure.

I was big into both the movie and the TV series back in the day. Have not watched either in years though.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I was big into both the movie and the TV series back in the day. Have not watched either in years though.
    The TV series had a great start as the first episode was a sort of sequel to the first movie. But the budget was tight and some of the monsters and costumes were epic fails. Weak writing too. With exception to the zombie episode, time has not been kind to this series. The X-Files did it better.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    The TV series had a great start as the first episode was a sort of sequel to the first movie. But the budget was tight and some of the monsters and costumes were epic fails. Weak writing too. With exception to the zombie episode, time has not been kind to this series. The X-Files did it better.
    I never warmed to the X-Files that much. Not sure why, but I tried with it.