Anyone else watching lots of old TV Programs, now that there's suddenly like a thousand TV channels catering to that? My latest obsession has been Route 66. Strange name for a show, because very few of the episodes seem to take place anywhere NEAR Route 66, but one thing I do find intriguing is they filmed the show on the road. There's been no fewer than three episodes set in Cleveland, all filmed here, with prominent placement of Cleveland landmarks (the Terminal Tower is seen in a couple of them, and another one has the old Russian Orthodox church on St Tikhon Avenue).

Lots of interesting guest stars too. One of the episodes I watched today had Rip Torn and Gene Hackman in it. Another one had Robert Redford, yet another had Lon Chaney Jr and Ed Asner in it. Actually, Lon Chaney Jr was in a couple episodes. Alan Alda was in an episode, playing a doctor (!!!). Both Tommy Norden and Luke Halpin, the two boys from the TV show Flipper, appeared on the show, but not in the same episode.

And the music was done by Nelson Riddle, so it has that swinging big band sound.