Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Elder - Omens

Got a ticket for the Raleigh show. Definitely looking forward to this one.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Hell yeah.

A new album is on the way. Innate Passage is the name, and it’ll be released on 25 November.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Hell yeah.

A new album is on the way. Innate Passage is the name, and it’ll be released on 25 November.
    Thanks for the heads up! Love this band.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! Love this band.

Neil
    Yep! One of my favorites of the last decade...easily.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Bring it!
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Saw them 4x this year; will catch their gig next week w/ Pallbearer and will keep my ears out for new material.
    bassist in Papangu, a zeuhl metal band from Brazil https://papangu.bandcamp.com/album/holoceno

Hell yeah.

Nice

One of my favorite bands of the last few years, but I think I actually prefer the more straight-ahead sound of albums like "Lore" and my personal favorite "Dead Roots Stirring". Just saw them last month and they delivered a very polished, well rehearsed set. But with 3 bands on the ticket and a curfew with the venue, I felt the show was a little short, hurried, and cold. Saw them a few years prior and the band seemed to engage the audience more.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    One of my favorite bands of the last few years, but I think I actually prefer the more straight-ahead sound of albums like "Lore" and my personal favorite "Dead Roots Stirring"
    I'm with you on this, Yves. As a stoner/doom band I thought they were truly exceptional; as a more 'progressive' band they're interesting, but the magic's gone for me. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing co-headlining set with Pallbearer next month.
    Tu veux un camembert?

^^^I guess I'll have to be on the other side of the fence here. I prefer the last two full length albums - Reflections of a Floating World and Omens - to the earlier predominately stoner/doom stuff. It may have something to do with the fact that I discovered the band with Reflections, and it blew me away.

Neil

^^^I guess I'll have to be on the other side of the fence here. I prefer the last two full length albums - Reflections of a Floating World and Omens - to the earlier predominately stoner/doom stuff. It may have something to do with the fact that I discovered the band with Reflections, and it blew me away.

Neil
    This is where I'm at as well although I started with Lore which made me an instant fan. I love the instrumental adventures they go on with every song on the last two albums. Floating is definitely my favorite of the bunch, but they're all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    This is where I'm at as well although I started with Lore which made me an instant fan. I love the instrumental adventures they go on with every song on the last two albums. Floating is definitely my favorite of the bunch, but they're all good.
    Same here, Floating is great and the best of the bunch of later albums ... for me of course. If you like instrumental portions of these late ones you may want to look into Nick DiSalvo's solo album Hirschbrunnen under the name Delving.

"Confusion Will Be My Epitaph"

Quote Originally Posted by PCMusic View Post
    Same here, Floating is great and the best of the bunch of later albums ... for me of course. If you like instrumental portions of these late ones you may want to look into Nick DiSalvo's solo album Hirschbrunnen under the name Delving.

Oh yeah I love that one too. Very different. Their collaboration with Kadavar (Eldovar) is pretty awesome as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Oh yeah I love that one too. Very different. Their collaboration with Kadavar (Eldovar) is pretty awesome as well.
    Absolutely agree on Eldovar

Seems both Elder and Kadavar are moving away from their early hard / stone rock roots to more complex, more progressive forms. While the early albums are still great within the genre, these latter ones are more engaging. Did not like Kadavar's album For The Dead Travel Fast from 2019, but their last studio one - The Isolation Tapes (2CD edition), is quite interesting, very diverse with instrumental and progressive / space rock elements and then with some ... yes, pop moments. Pretty hard to believe it is the same band bt still quite interesting.

"Confusion Will Be My Epitaph"

I am listening to Dead Roots Stirring right now and it's pushing my buttons. I prefer the last three albums but there's some great textures and riffs in this.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

The new album is up for preorder, and the first track can be streamed.

https://www.stickman-records.com/eld...3RWwavRwPhlD20

And now the US preorder is on Bandcamp:

https://beholdtheelder.bandcamp.com/...innate-passage

You can also listen to a track from the new one there if you’re so inclined. (What? Anyone on the fence with this? Come on now!)

And now the US preorder is on Bandcamp:

https://beholdtheelder.bandcamp.com/...innate-passage

You can also listen to a track from the new one there if you’re so inclined. (What? Anyone on the fence with this? Come on now!)
    No fence sitting here. I'll be getting the download from bandcamp, the day it is available!

Neil

No fence sitting here. I'll be getting the download from bandcamp, the day it is available!

Neil
    Pre ordered the CD this morning

It is released! Download and album streaming now available on bandcamp.

Neil

^Downloaded! Hopefully I’ll find time to listen to it tomorrow.

I'll take the plunge next Friday when it's Bandcamp Friday. I have it streaming now and while I am not hearing anything new, it is a band at the height of their powers.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I'll take the plunge next Friday when it's Bandcamp Friday. I have it streaming now and while I am not hearing anything new, it is a band at the height of their powers.
    yes, that sums it up perfectly. They seem to be settling more and more into their own, distinct sound. Hats off to the band for this new, excellent record.

Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    yes, that sums it up perfectly. They seem to be settling more and more into their own, distinct sound. Hats off to the band for this new, excellent record.
    I wouldn't say distinct. This record is great but they've really incorporated much of the modern Motorpsycho sound. Three of the tracks here really sound like outtakes from Little Lucid Moments.
    bassist in Papangu, a zeuhl metal band from Brazil https://papangu.bandcamp.com/album/holoceno

Those krautrock, motorik beats that the band explored on the Gold and Silver Sessions (and DiSalvo further delved into on Hirscchbrunnen) are more prominent on this new one. Unending rhythmic lines explode in fuzzed out glory.

That is to say, yeah, I’m digging the fuck out of this one.