Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feast Of Live Colosseum Albums Coming

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post

As for Carney, we all read him and often agreed with him or at least respected highly his PoV (not sure whether you did) when it came to the loudness wars and I thought (or hoped) that your link would point to his opinion of this Colosseum batch (or botch? ) of release, rather than his own reissue release. But I'm sure Jeff told Eroc what he was expecting from him when choosing him for the remastering - he probably spent hours discussing on this point.
    Hi Hugues,

You are absolutely right. And Eroc delivered what I consider to be amazing work. Obviously with me it was a lot of back and forth to get what I wanted, but he had no pressures to attain a "modernized" sound; which is often the desire of these labels and many artists.

While he and I have had (and still have) our disagreements about audio, I have always considered him one of the most talented people in the business. I don't typically care to listen to the types of remasters he tends to do, but that had zero to do with what I wanted on my album.

Eroc and I just finished my next reissue and I know he has also been busy working on tons of Colosseum stuff. I mainly listen to vinyl these days so I haven't kept up with what has come out, but I know it was an absolute labor of love for him. Hiseman is one of his musical heroes. I believe he has been working with Barbara Thompson on the entire catalog plus some of her stuff. Something like 20 albums in all!

New stuff coming:

6 CD Box with BBC live Recordings!

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    New stuff coming:

6 CD Box with BBC live Recordings!
    I ordered this set, called "Transmissions," about two months ago and it is absolutely stunning. With the exception of Valentyne Suite it makes most of the studio LP material feel redundant. The versions here are focused, intense, spot on. It is particularly nice to hear the pre-Farlowe band live (even if in the studio) and hear how great they were in that more subtle era of the band. I love Farlowe but you kind of have to be in the mood for him, you know?

Anyway if at all you can scrape together $60 this BBC set is a damn worthy investment.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I never knew Jeff Carney was a musician! Found his music on Bandcamp - nice stuff, Jeff. I'll probably buy the digital files, maybe next Bandcamp Friday, maybe sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    I ordered this set, called "Transmissions," about two months ago and it is absolutely stunning. With the exception of Valentyne Suite it makes most of the studio LP material feel redundant. The versions here are focused, intense, spot on. It is particularly nice to hear the pre-Farlowe band live (even if in the studio) and hear how great they were in that more subtle era of the band. I love Farlowe but you kind of have to be in the mood for him, you know?

Anyway if at all you can scrape together $60 this BBC set is a damn worthy investment.
    Thanks for the heads up. It looks a great set. Astonishingly, the entire six CDs are available as a download from Amazon.co.uk for just £7.99 in total. Seems like a good buy to me.
    We walked arm in arm with madness, and every little breeze whispered of the secret love we had for our disease

Quote Originally Posted by Munster View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. It looks a great set. Astonishingly, the entire six CDs are available as a download from Amazon.co.uk for just £7.99 in total. Seems like a good buy to me.
    Guess what? It's on Spotify too!

^^^ Yeah but you won't be able to fondle it...

Just got a US Amazon digital version for $9.49! Really looking forward to this!

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    ^^^ Yeah but you won't be able to fondle it...
    I don't fondle budget sets.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Even an orangutan has some standards.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Nothing budget about the BBC set:

The discs come in three double CD wallet-style, nicely thick, cardboard packages (with photos on the inside panels) with a pocket for each disc.

There's a complete track list on the back of each package.

Everything fits into a thick cardboard slipcase which has all tracks listed on the back cover.

A 44 page booklet is full of information on the band and the music included here, including extensive quotes from band members about the music.

A lot of BW photos plus a complete list of information on the recording of each track and a list of personnel for each time period.

Mine was shipped to my home in a discreet brown vacuum-pak. Your family and neighbors will never even know...

ordered via a B&M store (should come to +/- 65 €)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.