Thread: Your Chance to Learn 80s Crimson Correctly

Your Chance to Learn 80s Crimson Correctly

https://musicscores.bandcamp.com/mer...FkBoMb3075j9ls

When I interviewed Trey Gunn a month or so ago he talked about transcribing and tabbing out the Thrak album some years ago. He mentioned he was just about done doing the same for Discipline, Beat and Three of a Perfect Pair.

IT'S READY!

All in one handy book with a spiral binder.

A steal for $50. Get it in time for Christmas!

https://musicscores.bandcamp.com/mer...FkBoMb3075j9ls
    Last edited by Sean; 10-30-2020 at 11:58 PM.

Kewl.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

The eons are closing
    Bought this morning - I have the Thrak version and enjoy playing from it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

The page for the book says "All three releases meticulously transcribed by Gabriel Riccio. Editing and tabs by Trey Gunn." I do want to ensure that correct credit is given since a lot of credit is due! Gabriel and Trey did a super job with the THRAK scores so I expect this to be great too.

I have his own "Scores" book; it's beautifully put together, and this new one is an auto-buy for me. But - $20 shipping in the US? Oof.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by dfan View Post
    The page for the book says "All three releases meticulously transcribed by Gabriel Riccio. Editing and tabs by Trey Gunn." I do want to ensure that correct credit is given since a lot of credit is due! Gabriel and Trey did a super job with the THRAK scores so I expect this to be great too.
    I changed the title of the thread to avoid any confusion. I considered mentioning Gabriel, but around here everyone would think I meant Peter.

The eons are closing
    Arrived Thursday.

Hope to hack into Discipline this week.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Received my copy yesterday. It's a thing of beauty.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    I have his own "Scores" book; it's beautifully put together, and this new one is an auto-buy for me. But - $20 shipping in the US? Oof.
    Heh, I had a pause when I saw that the cost of shipping the book to Finland was about 1,5 times the price of the book itself. I took the plunge anyway, and it was worth it. Excellent full-band scores of rock numbers, let alone progressive rock, are scarce enough outside Japan, so that would have been reason enough to buy this. After all, I bought the Thrak book - and only after that did I finally give in and buy the bloody album! This set is of same calibre and it is thrilling to go through the 80s Crimson works with it. Though it lacks the more purely improvisational works "Requiem", "Nuages" and "No Warning", it does include "The King Crimson Barber Shop" as a bonus!

Along with Paulo de Carvalho's excellent Steve Hackett guitar transcription books, which I only discovered recently, I seem to have a glut of new quality prog sheet music to study. It's also nice that they highlight artists whose works have not been published in this format as much as the works of, say, Genesis, Pink Floyd and Yes, which have also been getting new transcriptions or at least compilations published in the recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Heh, I had a pause when I saw that the cost of shipping the book to Finland was about 1,5 times the price of the book itself. I took the plunge anyway, and it was worth it. Excellent full-band scores of rock numbers, let alone progressive rock, are scarce enough outside Japan, so that would have been reason enough to buy this. After all, I bought the Thrak book - and only after that did I finally give in and buy the bloody album! This set is of same calibre and it is thrilling to go through the 80s Crimson works with it. Though it lacks the more purely improvisational works "Requiem", "Nuages" and "No Warning", it does include "The King Crimson Barber Shop" as a bonus!

Along with Paulo de Carvalho's excellent Steve Hackett guitar transcription books, which I only discovered recently, I seem to have a glut of new quality prog sheet music to study. It's also nice that they highlight artists whose works have not been published in this format as much as the works of, say, Genesis, Pink Floyd and Yes, which have also been getting new transcriptions or at least compilations published in the recent years.
    Hopefully you write article on your website about those Crimson albums of the 80's. And why not on THRAK also.
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/