Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Curved Air - The Albums 1970-1973

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I ordered the box set on Jan 5th - nothing yet. Did anyone receive the box?
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I received my box yesterday. It shipped on Jan 26th so reasonable shipping time. I'm happy I made the purchase. The extended insert covers the band's history across their 4 albums that are profiled. I didn't know Eddie Jobson played on their last album, Air Cut.

So far, I've played Airconditioning last night and tonight. It sounds excellent - nice audio quality. I'm always transfixed on Daryl's playing on Vivaldi (and Blind Man proceeding that classic track). It's sublime (Vivaldi) - full our rock and searing violin. I'm going to take my time working through this box. Good value, happy with my purchase. Good tip from Lorne.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    The boxes Esoteric put out are usually a good deal. I've got quite a few of them: PFM's Cook and BBC sessions, Atomic Rooster's complete '70s albums, Soft Machine's Harvest albums, The Fall (though that is Cherry Red).

I recently picked up the Manticore PFM box. Figured it was a good way to get Photos of Ghosts, World and the (hopefully) sonically improved Jet Lag (I already have the two-disc version of Chocolate Kings that Esoteric put out).

Esoteric stuff goes OOP pretty quick. I'm glad I didn't miss out on the individual Curved Air reissues, but the box is, as you note, a good chance to grab these excellent albums. I missed out on the Flash and Camel reissues; I'd certainly welcome an Esoteric box for either band.
    I share your enthusiasm on the Esoteric releases. I also have the PFM Manticore clam shell box, that has very high quality packaging and audio. And speaking of PFM, I just got from Lasers Edge the PFM Esoteric special release of PFM's Celebration Live in Nottingham 1976 which is excellent, highly recommended. Audio is not top notch (double cd) but could well earn an 8 on 10 scale. Artwork borrows the same Chocolate Kings concept of the chocolate wrapper (not the fat lady), I also hope Esoteric keeps this going. IMHO They have surpassed Rhino in many ways.

I also have most of the Camel stuff as well. Very cool.

New Curved Air box of rarities conveniently entitled The Rarities Series is on the way:

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/curved-a...es-6cd-box-set

It looks like most of this has been released, so I'm guessing there are opinions about what’s contained herein. Thoughts?
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    New Curved Air box of rarities conveniently entitled The Rarities Series is on the way:

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/curved-a...es-6cd-box-set

It looks like most of this has been released, so I'm guessing there are opinions about what’s contained herein. Thoughts?
    Looks interesting.

I bought what I wanted when the individual albums came out. For anyone not owning them this is a great set to own.