Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I have to catch up on All-stars. I've only watched the first episode so far. I'm off work from December 23 to January 10th (18 glorious days!), I'm planning a lot of screen time those weeks. I'll catch up on All-stars if I haven't done it before then. I'm also thinking about subscribing to Disney+ to rewatch Lost.
    I started to rewatch LOST right after I finished my 3rd go round of The Sopranos.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Is there anything better than TJ's sadistic enjoyment at pushing the button during those trivia comps?
    I just finished All-Stars ep.05 and TJ gives some good ones, but the airplane jargon was the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    I started to rewatch LOST right after I finished my 3rd go round of The Sopranos.
    I turned on The Sopranos one day because I was curious. Some guy was getting the shit kicked out of him. I lasted about 20 seconds and that's as much as I've seen. It totally turned me off. I don't like watching violence. I'm sure that I'd enjoy the show otherwise, I love mob movies.

I turned on The Sopranos one day because I was curious. Some guy was getting the shit kicked out of him. I lasted about 20 seconds and that's as much as I've seen. It totally turned me off. I don't like watching violence. I'm sure that I'd enjoy the show otherwise, I love mob movies.
    Some of the violence is a little extreme, but you can watch between your fingers just long enough to get the idea of what they are conveying. However, by today's standards, it is tame. Also, the violence isn't thrown in just because. I think they use it in a way to show the extremes in the organization. Fuggedaboudit.

Fuggedaboudit.
    LOL!

I had to cancel my workout tonight because of an injury. Then I realized it's The Challenge finale and didn't feel so bad.

The Survivor finale will have to wait until tomorrow, which means I might have to stay off the internet so I don't find out who wins.

LOL!

I had to cancel my workout tonight because of an injury. Then I realized it's The Challenge finale and didn't feel so bad.

The Survivor finale will have to wait until tomorrow, which means I might have to stay off the internet so I don't find out who wins.
    My holy hell is The Challenge and Survivor airing on the same night. I have to dodge certain posts and profiles for days at a time.

Wait a minute, 37 seasons!?! Any chance the pros here can recommend a few key seasons to watch before getting current?
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    Wait a minute, 37 seasons!?! Any chance the pros here can recommend a few key seasons to watch before getting current?
    Welcome in!

Let me go through some of the recent lists of seasons and get back to you. Definitely within the last 8 or so seasons, so don't worry, it will be easy to catch up. ForeverAutumn is well on her way, also.

I liked the outcome of this season - both deserving winners. Forcing Kaycee and Nany to fight each other was interesting. Although I think they dragged out the relationship thing a bit too long, and there was no way that Nany was beating Kaycee under any circumstances. I was sorry to see Nany go though. I think it would have been nice for them to finish the final together, even if they were on different teams.

Classy move by CT and Kaycee to share the wealth. Emy's reaction was priceless. I hope we see her again. I didn't like her at the start of the season, but I ended up loving her energy.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Couple quick notes: Uncle CT!!! When Kaycee picked CT, I was like, "Finally!!" That's been my dream team for a couple years now. The comps are insane, but TJ's final is fkn BRUTAL. I wouldn't last 20 minutes. Class act sharing the wealth. Devin remembering all 20 numbers was impressive. Great season. Looking forward to the reunion next week. Looks like Fessy is in the hot seat...again.

Hey Eric "Fuck Nuggets" Marvin, Season 30 and up might be a great start. But I think you can't go wrong with any season hosted by TJ Lavin. Problem here is it kind of requires chronological viewing as each season brings with it some history.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

I'll chime in on the season, but, let's just add that Kaycee is the 2nd person from Big Brother to win The Challenge.

I'll chime in on the season, but, let's just add that Kaycee is the 2nd person from Big Brother to win The Challenge.
    And both with CT as partner.

I was shitting a brick when CT & KC didn't get the combo right away. I thought KC may have forgot her digits.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    Hey Eric "Fuck Nuggets" Marvin, Season 30 and up might be a great start. But I think you can't go wrong with any season hosted by TJ Lavin. Problem here is it kind of requires chronological viewing as each season brings with it some history.
    I can co-sign that, and I do have more to add. Although, I am not including any fuck nuggets in this.

Season 24, Rivals II (2013) Phuket, Thailand - 15 episodes

Season 26, Battle of the Exes II (2015) Pedasí, Panama - 16 episodes

Season 28, Rivals III (2016) Huatulco, Mexico - 15 episodes

These 3 seasons, I feel, bring a new viewer in with a decent amount of the rivalry between Johnny Bananas & Wes. I feel you need at least this amount of backstory to really soak up some great moments that occur in recent seasons. These 3 seasons also highlight some cast members that are on the current seasons of Challenge: All-Stars (currently airing on Paramount+) and it gives you the true flavor of The Challenge before it hit Season 30, aka Dirty 30.

If you want to get a different flavor of The Challenge, there is Champs vs. Stars. It's Challenge champions against star athletes from NFL, Olympics, etc. Very short season and more relaxed environment filmed in Southern California. But hell, you'd be amazed at how they compete against these athletes!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6849670/

I liked the outcome of this season - both deserving winners. Forcing Kaycee and Nany to fight each other was interesting. Although I think they dragged out the relationship thing a bit too long, and there was no way that Nany was beating Kaycee under any circumstances. I was sorry to see Nany go though. I think it would have been nice for them to finish the final together, even if they were on different teams.
    Love your analysis. Nany knows she can't do one-on-one comps and truly needs a partner or team in any final. I did view her a different, better way this season. Kaycee has truly seemed to change Nany's outlook on life. Nany was away from The Challenge for a while. She attended some type of nursing school and worked at a doctors office. I recall her posting pics of her in her scrubs. I have to say, this episode was edited in a way that they hadn't done before. They pulled on the heart strings with the music. They left in the natural sounds of them scrapping about. You could feel their agony. Loved it.

Let's hear it for Nelson. He had the heart and will but just couldn't get it done. TJ Lavin breaking down that 4th wall and stepping outside the hosting duties was great to see and was my favorite moment of the episode.

And how about that method of taking the 2nd place cell, breaking them apart, and making them battle to continue? Good twist!

Classy move by CT and Kaycee to share the wealth. Emy's reaction was priceless. I hope we see her again. I didn't like her at the start of the season, but I ended up loving her energy.
    CT from years ago would have taken the money and been long gone. Great guy. Diem had such a lasting affect on him.

Re-read this thread from the start and it is funny to witness how you have come into The Challenge. It's also good to see our thoughts during this season and how it ended.

Couple quick notes: Uncle CT!!! When Kaycee picked CT, I was like, "Finally!!" That's been my dream team for a couple years now. The comps are insane, but TJ's final is fkn BRUTAL. I wouldn't last 20 minutes.
    Brutal is an understatement. Glad there was no eating of grotesque junk.

I am glad Kaycee proved her worth. I feel she is brought down with the Big Brother alliance. Now she will have a champion target on her, so BB might even want to distance themselves from her. Plus, with Amber and Kaycee winning, that's 2 BB players and that alliance might not be able to even continue.

Class act sharing the wealth.

Devin remembering all 20 numbers was impressive.
    Wow, what a thing to do! I was amazed. Yes, he does have a point about not being too physical, but he does need to step it up just a tad more to stay in the comps and not be behind.

Great season. Looking forward to the reunion next week. Looks like Fessy is in the hot seat...again.
    Loved this season! Fessy keeps playing with these women and they play right back. These kids, I tells ya!

Re-read this thread from the start and it is funny to witness how you have come into The Challenge. It's also good to see our thoughts during this season and how it ended.
    Interesting. I'll have to take a look at that when I have time.

I am glad Kaycee proved her worth. I feel she is brought down with the Big Brother alliance. Now she will have a champion target on her, so BB might even want to distance themselves from her. Plus, with Amber and Kaycee winning, that's 2 BB players and that alliance might not be able to even continue.
    I feel like the BB players have been underestimated. In some of the older seasons that I watched, other players talked about how much they hated BB players because they were liars and schemers. BB players were not respected as competitors. That attitude may be changing now.

I can co-sign that, and I do have more to add. Although, I am not including any fuck nuggets in this.

Season 24, Rivals II (2013) Phuket, Thailand - 15 episodes

Season 26, Battle of the Exes II (2015) Pedasí, Panama - 16 episodes

Season 28, Rivals III (2016) Huatulco, Mexico - 15 episodes

These 3 seasons, I feel, bring a new viewer in with a decent amount of the rivalry between Johnny Bananas & Wes. I feel you need at least this amount of backstory to really soak up some great moments that occur in recent seasons. These 3 seasons also highlight some cast members that are on the current seasons of Challenge: All-Stars (currently airing on Paramount+) and it gives you the true flavor of The Challenge before it hit Season 30, aka Dirty 30.

If you want to get a different flavor of The Challenge, there is Champs vs. Stars. It's Challenge champions against star athletes from NFL, Olympics, etc. Very short season and more relaxed environment filmed in Southern California. But hell, you'd be amazed at how they compete against these athletes!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6849670/

Thanks Paulie and Gruno. Guess I have some couch time coming up.

Eric "Fucking Beef Bus" Marvin

Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

If you have finished the season of The Challenge: All-Stars 2, then this video makes sense as to its inclusion in this thread.

Now then, if you get it, how did you like the season?

Still working on it! Will chime in once I catch up!

Panama for the All Stars, or regular season?? I would like to see the main show get back to the jungle instead of the gulag.

You finished!

All-Stars is Panama. I also would like them to switch it up.

What did you think of the season?

The season was good! The Kings were ridiculous. I'm glad to see Jonna get a win.

Not a fan of The Kings as a group. I like Teck. I have always liked Melinda. Nehemiah is the one that is the sourpuss. He has a huge chip on his shoulder.

I enjoyed the season a lot. I like the flashbacks and showing some history and where they are now in their lives. Yet, it doesn't dwell on it.

I am wishing it was more of a true all-star show. The amount of people that have not made it to a final is too much. From a production standpoint, I understand some don't want to come back and do the show. From a game perspective, I don't want to see some of these people that have never made it, and are now chickening out of a comp, or costing their partner/team success.

This show has been picking up steam with fans. It's almost working against The Challenge. Darrel seems to be at home with All-Stars. Would he ever go back to The Challenge? CT is still at the top in his game, if he entered All-Stars he would surely wipe them clean without new rules added.

I agree about CT. That would be a blood bath.

Is this overload, or what we crave?