Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: JETHRO TULL: "A" deluxe "A La Carte" 5-disc book set on the way

https://tuftsdaily.com/arts/2021/03/...0-years-later/

Happy 50th Aqualung, you poor old sod.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

^^^ Wow, that's a seriously good deal! Less than $5 a disc (before shipping).
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    https://tuftsdaily.com/arts/2021/03/...0-years-later/

Happy 50th Aqualung, you poor old sod.
    Speaking of which: https://youtu.be/FpH_WkjC_Yk

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    Thanks for the update - ordered.

Nice - will check it out later. I could listen to Ian rant and rave all day - love his candor, witty humor, and great speaking voice.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Nice - will check it out later. I could listen to Ian rant and rave all day - love his candor, witty humor, and great speaking voice.
    Ditto, ditto, and ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    ^^^ Wow, that's a seriously good deal! Less than $5 a disc (before shipping).
    Yup...I just canceled last months pre-order and re-ordered it at the new price....10 minutes an PE Just Saved Me $7.01!
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Looks like he's reading this. On the table beside him.

"The book was dampened and inoculated with Pleurotus (oyster mushroom) mycelium. The mycelium then digested the pages - and the words - of the book, and sprouted over the course of seven days. Pleurotus can digest many things - from crude oil to used cigarette butts - and is one of the fungal species that shows the most promise in mycoremediation. It is also delicious when fried lightly with garlic and will make it possible for the author to eat his words."

^ Oyster mushrooms are good, but there are many varieties that are better, imo.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Got a revised arrival date from Amazon yesterday. Not sure what this means?

New estimated delivery date: Tuesday, April 20, 2021 - Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post

New estimated delivery date: Tuesday, April 20, 2021 - Wednesday, April 28, 2021
    It had been Apr 16, IIRC.

It means at the moment they don't expect to have them in stock earlier to ship for arrival on release day.

^^^ Amazon are often all over the place with these things prior to their release, That date could easily change again. Hopefully it doesn't face another massive delay like the Stormwatch set did, causing angry fans to blame vendors like Burning Shed, etc. for not having it in stock (when I calmly explained to one deranged social media invective spewer that the delay was a combination of manufacturing and distribution problems, nothing to do with the vendors, his response was: 'Don't care. Gimme my shit.' - and I'm not paraphrasing.)
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Here's a new interview with Ian about the "A" box, the lyric book, Aqualung's 50th, and the size of Mick Jagger's 'willy wobbler'.

https://www.velvetthunder.co.uk/ian-...a-z-of-lyrics/

Here's a new interview with Ian about the "A" box, the lyric book, Aqualung's 50th, and the size of Mick Jagger's 'willy wobbler'.

https://www.velvetthunder.co.uk/ian-...a-z-of-lyrics/
    "Lunchbox"
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    "Lunchbox"
    LOL yeah, Ian is nothing if not entertaining.

Seems as though the official Tull page liked that interview, as they shared it to their 1.3 million followers!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    It means at the moment they don't expect to have them in stock earlier to ship for arrival on release day.
    just got another notice today from Amazon announcing that ETA has gone back to the original - April 16th..
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

Quote Originally Posted by UnephenStephen View Post
    just got another notice today from Amazon announcing that ETA has gone back to the original - April 16th..
    I did too. Great news!

I didn't! What the frig!?

I didn't! What the frig!?
    Yours takes longer due to the anti-fondling coating that has to be applied prior to shipping.

Yours takes longer due to the anti-fondling coating that has to be applied prior to shipping.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    "Lunchbox"

^^^ Amazon are often all over the place with these things prior to their release, That date could easily change again. Hopefully it doesn't face another massive delay like the Stormwatch set did, causing angry fans to blame vendors like Burning Shed, etc. for not having it in stock (when I calmly explained to one deranged social media invective spewer that the delay was a combination of manufacturing and distribution problems, nothing to do with the vendors, his response was: 'Don't care. Gimme my shit.' - and I'm not paraphrasing.)
    Common sense doesn't exist.
    People are so entitled. I hope he never received Stormwatch at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Czar View Post
    People are so entitled. I hope he never received Stormwatch at all.
    He did though, safe and sound. But that didn't stop him from referring to Burning Shed as 'Burning Shit' as much as he possibly could. Some of these people are incredibly smug.

He did though, safe and sound. But that didn't stop him from referring to Burning Shed as 'Burning Shit' as much as he possibly could. Some of these people are incredibly smug.
    Wow, was this person on PE or another place? What was their username?
    I like to know who to avoid.