Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Rest in peace Roger Trigaux

It's funny how different people respond to the same things, in different ways. It didn't bother me at all that people were walking out on Present. One, I was probably loving it even more because of it, and two, I was too busy digging the music, anyways. But, I can remember at NEARfest 2004, some people walked out on Pallas's set, and the guy behind me was getting incensed. He even started half-yelling out 'prog snobs', in the direction of those leaving, lol.

neil

^ One should never get "provoked" by stuff like that. People leaving in a sudden hurry, I mean.

It is, however, a token of sentiment towards certain virtues, approaches and attitudes that were prevalent in original progressive music but literally absent from its alleged mainstream today.

And I'd dare say there's a well of difference between walking out on something you know and have long since left behind, versus something you'd just rather not know at all because it shouldn't appeal to you for whatever probable/improbable reason.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Has anyone seen the youtube video from Portland? Entire show from the 98 tour. I thought that they had played May Day but couldn't remember for sure. Also, I don't remember them doing the improv piece.

I can post the link if anyone's interested.

More than a decade since I heard any Present at all. Le Poison still slaps hard, and harder than Triskaïdékaphobie — though that may be due to the better production on the sophomore.
    bassist in Papangu, a zeuhl metal band from Brazil https://papangu.bandcamp.com/album/holoceno

After doing a tour of the discography I think the best 6 minutes might be the closing movement of C'eux d'en bas... just straight fire.

THE OFFICIAL WORD from MICHEL BESSET (Mr RIO Festival and the person pushing behind the scenes for the fundraising for the Present album).

PRESENT ALBUM. Work is always in progress.

Dear subscribers,

By now, you probably heard about the sad news of Roger’s passing away on March 10th 2021.

That tragic event has generated quite some sadness within his family, friends and musician colleagues. Messages of support have arrived from the whole world.

We deeply thank you for those gestures of friendship, which once again demonstrate how Present’s artistic work is important to thousands of listeners.

Beyond the numerous tributes and testimonials – which you can easily find on the social networks, it is also our duty to share with you an important piece of information regarding the next album.

We want to confirm here that the work initiated for the production of the album “This is NOT the end” is going on.
    Indeed, Roger Trigaux had finalized his musical input for the record (composition and performance) before his ultimate demise.

The mixing and production will proceed as soon as Pierre Chevalier – pianist and artistic director of the project – will be able to go to Israel to work on the production together with Udi Koomran.

We hope the sanitary situation will allow for this as soon as possible.

Once that step would have been completed, the final mixing and mastering will follow et the manufacturing will start under the auspices of Cuneiform Records in the US.

Please be assured that we are putting all our energies in this project, even more now that the recent events have given to it a new meaning.

All our thoughts go to Roger’s family and friends.

Rest in Peace, Roger

Michel Besset
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Beautiful news. Really looking forward to that.
    bassist in Papangu, a zeuhl metal band from Brazil https://papangu.bandcamp.com/album/holoceno

Exactly a month since Roger passed
    I thought I’d try to pit to words what he meant for my and share some stories but I guess Its still too hard...

Thanks for sharing that update, Steve.

Serengeti Svengali Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    THE OFFICIAL WORD from MICHEL BESSET (Mr RIO Festival and the person pushing behind the scenes for the fundraising for the Present album).

PRESENT ALBUM. Work is always in progress.

Dear subscribers,

By now, you probably heard about the sad news of Roger’s passing away on March 10th 2021.

That tragic event has generated quite some sadness within his family, friends and musician colleagues. Messages of support have arrived from the whole world.

We deeply thank you for those gestures of friendship, which once again demonstrate how Present’s artistic work is important to thousands of listeners.

Beyond the numerous tributes and testimonials – which you can easily find on the social networks, it is also our duty to share with you an important piece of information regarding the next album.

We want to confirm here that the work initiated for the production of the album “This is NOT the end” is going on.
    Indeed, Roger Trigaux had finalized his musical input for the record (composition and performance) before his ultimate demise.

The mixing and production will proceed as soon as Pierre Chevalier – pianist and artistic director of the project – will be able to go to Israel to work on the production together with Udi Koomran.

We hope the sanitary situation will allow for this as soon as possible.

Once that step would have been completed, the final mixing and mastering will follow et the manufacturing will start under the auspices of Cuneiform Records in the US.

Please be assured that we are putting all our energies in this project, even more now that the recent events have given to it a new meaning.

All our thoughts go to Roger’s family and friends.

Rest in Peace, Roger

Michel Besset
    Glad to hear he had completed his parts beforehand. This is bound to be the most emotional album of this type that I've ever listened to.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Glad to hear he had completed his parts beforehand. This is bound to be the most emotional album of this type that I've ever listened to.
    Most emotional indeed
    So emotional that since his passing I find myself to resume working on it...

We now have all parts for This Is Not The End, the final (?) Present album.

Sounds great.

Out at the end of March.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Woohoo!
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

YES GUY

Fucking right!!

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    We now have all parts for This Is Not The End, the final (?) Present album.

Sounds great.

Out at the end of March.
    Great news ! Can't wait. Thanks Steve !