Thread: Billy Cobham on Spectrum, Composing, Mahavishnu, & Stress-Free Drumming

Billy Cobham on Spectrum, Composing, Mahavishnu, & Stress-Free Drumming

Had a second chat with Billy today. Last time we had to wrap it up before we got to discuss his solo works, so that was the main focus this time. He explains how he found the young prodigy, Tommy Bolin and his departure (i.e. firing) from Mahavishnu shortly after Spectrum was done, and much more. My co-host is my friend, percussion instructor, Eric Sanders.

Coming soon-

* John Jorgenson- (Elton John, Hellecasters)- May 8th
    * Anthony Garone- Author of "Failure To Fracture- Learning King Crimson's Impossible Song" May 13th
    * Stanley Whitaker- (Happy The Man, Oblivion Sun)- May 14th
    * Luthier/Guitarist Dave Onorato- (You may have seen him on Rick Beato's YT channel, on his Three Amigos series)- May 15th
    * Denny Seiwell (Wings) and Fernando Perdomo (Echo In The Canyon) on their new album- "Ram On: The 50th Anniversary Tribute to Paul & Linda McCartney's RAM"- May 22nd
    * Phil Manzanera (Roxy Music, 801, Quiet Sun, David Gilmour) - May 26th
    * The History of King Crimson Part 1- 1969-1974 June 5th w/Henry Potts & Aymeric Leroy
    * The Music Of Genesis- From The Inside Out - A look at their compositional hallmarks w/Bill Graham June 27th

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeO...63GQphg/videos
    Please help us reach 1000 subscriptions by the end of May. We are getting CLOSE!
    Last edited by Sean; 05-09-2021 at 08:58 PM.

Good episode. I should've had you ask Billy about his performances with The Fania Allstars in the 70s. I saw that group a couple times in the mid/late 70s and I wanna say I saw Billy with them (or maybe I'm imagining that). Good episode. You guys could go on forever with Billy.