Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: All things Gaming / MMORPG

Quote Originally Posted by IMWeasel View Post
    Anyone check out Stray yet? I havent had the chance but it looks pretty interesting!
    Right now I'm geeking on an arcade-style game that came out in June called Donut Dodo
    a lot of twitch streamers are playing Stray right now. seems to have taken off.
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

Stray does look interesting. I'd like to check it out.

Right now I'm playing the remake of Live-A-Live on the Nintendo Switch, and it's great. Once I've finished with it I may give Stray a try.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

The eons are closing
    My Steam Deck arrived and I have downloaded Slay the Spire and No Mans Sky to play on commute in/out of NYC.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    My Steam Deck arrived and I have downloaded Slay the Spire and No Mans Sky to play on commute in/out of NYC.

Curious about that but not willing to pay that price tag right now (would rather have a PS5)
    How is it?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    My son (13) finished Stray. Apparently it's not very challenging, but it did look like fun. And there are side-quests and stuff he hasn't done. He loves No Man's Sky! I can't even remember now what that looked like, except that it looked cool.

I loved Joust! Hadn't thought of that one in a long time!

The eons are closing
    Curious about that but not willing to pay that price tag right now (would rather have a PS5)
    How is it?
    In an effort to allow maximum inputs and flexibility- there are triggers everywhere! And that can get annoying for me.

The weight is distributed to the controllers - so unlike Switch which is heavy in the middle (imo).

Although 720p - the DPI is thick - so pixel coverage is nice on the screen.

Really only playing No Man Sky and Slay the Spire right now.

What I wish is that I could load my PS5 NMS save and not start from scratch on Steam/PC

Who remembers this game at all? It came out originally on the amiga (which was popular in Europe but available in the US too) -- Roger Dean did the artwork for it. Maybe the first prog video game?
    http://https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_of_the_Beast_(1989_video_game)
    https://youtu.be/y9BltSvKMlQ
    pretty advanced for a home console at the time -- the Genesis/Mega Drive had just come out and it didnt look this advanced. The NES obviously couldn't compete with that.

Who remembers this game at all? It came out originally on the amiga (which was popular in Europe but available in the US too) -- Roger Dean did the artwork for it. Maybe the first prog video game?
    http://https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_of_the_Beast_(1989_video_game)
    https://youtu.be/y9BltSvKMlQ
    pretty advanced for a home console at the time -- the Genesis/Mega Drive had just come out and it didnt look this advanced. The NES obviously couldn't compete with that.
    Wow, no I don't remember that game. I had to go look it up for some screenshots. The graphics were impressive for 1989!

The trailer for the next Legend of Zelda game dropped today...it won't be out until May 2023 though
    ...also dig the floating islands, Roger Dean's influence still lives on!

^My son was psyched about this. He’s also very into a game called Splattoon, and the new one came out about a week ago. You guys probably aren’t into that one, it’s a pretty strange game.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    ^My son was psyched about this. He’s also very into a game called Splattoon, and the new one came out about a week ago. You guys probably aren’t into that one, it’s a pretty strange game.
    Actually I love Splatoon. I've got the second game and used to play it a lot online. It's definitely strange, but I love the weirdness and art style of that world and its characters. It feels unusual for Nintendo. The music is also pretty great.

Haven't gotten the third one yet, but I will eventually.

I just finished Live-A-Live (the remake) a few days ago, and will probably play through it again to find all the secret bosses and hidden stuff that I missed on the first time. And to pick a different order to play through the chapters. If anyone here remembers Chrono Trigger or has a fondness for JRPGs on the SNES, I highly recommend checking out Live-A-Live. It has a great concept and the way the different characters' storylines (all from different points in history) tie together is unexpected and really cool.

The trailer for the next Legend of Zelda game dropped today...it won't be out until May 2023 though
    ...also dig the floating islands, Roger Dean's influence still lives on!
    I cannot wait for this. And we finally have a title, so we no longer have to call it "Breath of the Wild 2".

It looks great.

I was also really psyched about Octopath Traveler 2, and Fire Emblem: Engage. The latter in particular looks incredible, and a major step up from Three Houses (which I absolutely loved).

The eons are closing
    My son just purchased as well - he was a fan of 1; thought 2 was crappy - and three is better than 2, he even enjoyed the campaign on this one. I used to play split screen with him for 1st edition.

------------

Ive played splatoon a couple times but not super into it -- as an aside the RPG Octopath Traveler looked really interesting too!

No, you are not the only person who is 60 years old and who plays games. I love playing WoW and other similar MMORPGs. I like it, and I don't wonder why. I also recently discovered FIFA 22 for myself. I couldn't even imagine that I would ever play soccer, but I like the gameplay and graphics in this franchise. Moreover, I could buy a cheap FIFA 22 PS5 Account on a gaming site that my friend often told me about. And it turns out that I only purchased an account with the game, but I paid for it almost two times less than if I had bought this game in the official store.
    Last edited by maiadash; 11-08-2022 at 06:26 AM.

Lately my son's been really into a game called Deep Rock Galactic. It has to be the most fun game so far to watch him play. You're a dwarf mining valuable minerals in space, either alone or with a multiplayer team. The wisecracks the dwarves randomly spit out are pretty funny, and between missions they go to the bar and drink, and the characters can get drunk and dance. Again, pretty funny. And of course it has the endless beard, hair, outfit, and accessory choices that for some reason have become a requirement in video games these days.

My son started playing this game called Into the Breach, and I dig the soundtrack. Very Tangerine Dream-ish.

My son started playing this game called Into the Breach, and I dig the soundtrack. Very Tangerine Dream-ish.

Great soundtrack, and the composer (Ben Prunty) is quite talented. The OST he did for FTL: Faster Than Light was great too.

Into the Breach is a really good game btw.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Thanks man! I see a few I'd missed, so I've got some things to check out -- once I'm finished with Octopath Traveler's postgame, and Pokemon Scarlet!

Quite a few games on that list that I have played, and a few more I still plan to play.

Pentiment and the bizarrely addictive Vampire Survivors have been my favorites.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

The eons are closing
    Although portable, the Steam Deck is kinda large for a handheld system.

However I have been bringing it on the commute as I was introduced to Valheim by my teenage son who described it as "Minecraft for Vikings". Been totally enjoying.

Also having the deck with me also allows me to play my fav roguelike while commuting - Shattered Pixel Dungeon.

Been also playing Star Realms - a deck building game with magic style combat system. Recommend by friend/bandmate - don't enjoy it as much as Slay the Spire - which is awesome.

Ahhh, roguelikes... I still have to shell out for the "advanced" version of ADOM, to my mind the best roguelike out there.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Ahhh, roguelikes... I still have to shell out for the "advanced" version of ADOM, to my mind the best roguelike out there.
    Total love for the roguelikes - and that's a classic - it's on Steam so I should d/l that to my steam deck as well

My son is always talking to me about roguelikes and using some other terms as if I understand what they mean. And this is even after he's explained to me what they mean. It's just funny to me to see you guys using it! My son is super into the game The Hollow Knight, and he's been playing that a lot recently. aith01 (I've forgotten your name!) - I'll bet you've played Hollow Knight, right? My son has t-shirts, etc. It's fun to watch - a cool looking game.