Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Favorite random non-musical bits on albums

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    I never knew that but I kind of doubt it was an accident. I think some bands put these "easter eggs" in their music deliberately. Obviously the Beatles were pretty well known for that but they weren't the only ones.
    Yes l am sure Neil did that just for fun. Even though he is gone it is nice that he is still messing with us.

Quote Originally Posted by veteranof1000psychicwars View Post
    Yes l am sure Neil did that just for fun. Even though he is gone it is nice that he is still messing with us.
    Did you ever noticed Alex playing "the 1812 overture" towards the end of "overture?"
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

At the start of Wallies by Anne Clark you have some spoken bit: (Mumbling, something like) "Hey, look at you", (then spoken) "Hey Mike are you queer?" "No just peculiar." Actually the whole piece is spoken, but the opening part doesn't really belong to the poem.

Yes, I know it isn't prog, but I still like it. Also very much because of the lyrics.

Later there is another spoken bit that doesn't belong to the lyrics.
    Last edited by Rarebird; 4 Days Ago at 05:54 AM.

Page 4 and no one has mentioned "l got blisters on my fingers", or about half of Lumpy Gravy.

Page 4 and no one has mentioned "l got blisters on my fingers", or about half of Lumpy Gravy.
    I've heard this somewhere else as well.

Christian band Petra's 1982 More Power To Ya album. Released at the height of the early 80s satanic scare, and by extension the "backward masking" kerfuffle. The song Judas' Kiss starts off with backward gibberish. Which when reversed says, "What are you lookin' for the devil for when you ought to be lookin' for the Lord?" Those of us who saw the entire backward masking controversy as ridiculous found that easter egg hilarious.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

I mentioned Lumpy Gravy a long time ago. See post #17.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    I mentioned Lumpy Gravy a long time ago.
    "Pony!"