Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This Year Really Sucked

^^ I have three daughters aged 18, 25 and 27. Only the oldest one drives.

Yeah, 20-fucking-5.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    ^^ I have three daughters aged 18, 25 and 27. Only the oldest one drives.

Yeah, 20-fucking-5.
    There's one less risk / worry about offspring in traffic.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Our old orange plastic keypad phone that replaced the rotary, so ugly. Like I said, the wallpaper, so very bad. Felt and stuff all over it.
    Couldn't be any worse than the wallpaper my wife's family had in their spare room back when she was a teen. https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...-stars-shirley The black part was raised velvet, on a matte white paper background. The stuff of nightmares.

It took me some time to look or ask, but I finally found she did in fact kill both that were in the car.

I can visit her but I don't know if I'm able to do that. How to handle that.........

It hurts so much. A mental health issue that no one knew about. She made her peace with Joe dying. so she said. So well that she killed two people.

I don't know what to do. See her? no? maybe? Write letters with books on tape? Like The Reader with Winslet and Fiennes? Awesome flick.

The effects are horrifying, the pain involved. I'd almost welcome a saws-all up my rear end than this. But that won't make the facts go away.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

I've talked to Tara a couple times. I've also missed a few calls by just minutes, dammit.

She's ok with what is happening and sounds good. She's taking a plea deal for six years because she cannot argue the evidence even if it doesn't make total sense but sense doesn't outweigh evidence.

Funny thing, some of the evidence against her is taken from traffic cameras. The pizza joint I worked at was right next to the hospitals and had a large cop clientele and one of the drivers asked one of the cops, maybe a Marshall but whatever and he said the cameras aren't recording anything but he's either wrong then or things have changed because they have the footage of her asleep and running the red light. Sense, some of it common, I guess doesn't apply but her missing four hours is hard to figure out.

It's been awhile, I was wondering if there is an update on your friend? (I remember this story starting of 2022 and it sucked)
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

a large cop clientele
    So is this a lot of cops or just very large cops.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    So is this a lot of cops or just very large cops.
    A little of both? Ok, to Gary questions.

There was a story that ran for a couple of weeks, a local politician wanted to turn on the recording of those street cams. Didn't happen but it was there in the newspaper, that I don't pay for yet still get and won't argue them giving it to me for free.

In any case, there's almost no way she was caught on camera sleeping before the accident. There are cameras that record, police cameras, but they are few and far between and they give it away that they are there because of flashing red and blue lights on a flagpole.

I go through that intersection quite often, it's two miles from home. Ain't no cop camera there that I've seen.

So how did they get that footage? Unless I'm remembering what our mutual friend told me wrong, then I have questions that haven't been answered. I did get some details in her first letter to me but not enough and I don't want to press the issue until I get to see her face to face.

Lots of letters, almost giving me carpal tunnel. I grip the pen way too hard lol. She sent me a Christmas letter that was short but sweet and colored with crayons. It's prison, you don't get the nice stuff.

Have been trying to get in to see her but the DOC are really sucky. I can only see her on Fridays from 11 to 1 and I tried this week. DId the entry on Tuesday, they said they would respond in 48 hours and nada, zero, zilch.

I guess I'll have to call them but even that is hard as they rarely answer. It does seem she's in high spirits. She's got her religion that seems to be keeping her grounded. She got a little cake for her birthday from the other inmates.

I don't know what it will be like to see her. I'll try and keep my cool but I cry at the end or Costner's For Love Of The Game and not because he gets the girl(spoiler alert) but because he gets the perfect game(another spoiler alert).

Soon I will have an update. I did try and call the prison yesterday to see if anyone might have been there and no dice. I thought there might have been a chance someone was there as visitation is only Friday through Monday.

If I have to break into prison, I'm going to see her. This is an awful situation and whatever the circumstances were, she deserves to have her friends not desert here. I may not be the greatest guy but I'm far from the worst and I can't just let her rot in there. Seems I'm the only friend who has gone through the steps to get into visitation. I know Nita has just been lazy and does have a much more active life than I do but even she hasn't done it yet.

I'll be the first, if I can ever get in. I'm going to trty the computer method right now to try for next Friday. Let ya know.

ETA: THAT didn't take long, I'm back after just a minute or so. Fuuny how I only had to fill out her name and inmate number and it's sad that I have her # memorized. Again they said 48 hours so we shall see.

Cheers!

Tony

Just called the DOC. It seems as if they have rejected me even though they said I could visit. I've got the letter right in front of me so WTF? By the gods, what a difficult process. Guess I'm a gonna have to write a letter to Tara and ill her in. At least I'm trying.

Saw Tara today. I'm the second "friend" to visit her during her time there. Not trying to make myself look good but only one friend has been there to visit her besides me. I know one friend who is just busy as hell with her work but all the others have abandoned her.

I learned some stuff today that is fodder for a Law And Order episode.

She's missing a few hours. Fine. But so is the guy she was with and they both had drinks in glasses, not a bottled beer or whatever. From that, I do wonder about the Rohypnol that may have been given to her.

But, then, if so, why didn't she get raped? Assaulted in any way? She may have been as the collision was at 77 MPH and she suffered major damages to her spine and back. I doubt they would look for that. She has no idea from where she was last known to be at and how she got to where she ended up at.

She was drinking that night but it was a tasting party for industry, hospitality, so it was like drinking wine where you spit it all up. She did drink some and she will not not take responsibility, but I think that this doesn't add up.

She had one drink at a friends bar after the tasting and is missing the next few hours. Until she was awakened in the hospital some 7 hours after the accident. So, eleven hours in total.

The only reason they know she fell asleep at the wheel is a 7-11 camera at the scene. The cameras on the street lights do not record, they can only watch what is going on in real time but there's no record after an incident.

It's also a miracle she's even still alive. The damage she described was immense. I probably would have freaked out seeing her a year ago. She's healed well, physically and spiritually. She's supposedly made peace with this.....

....BUT, there's the whole thing of her husband dying just four months before this happened and while she was putting up a strong front, she may not have made her peace with his passing and just fucked up one tragic night.

Oh, and the process of getting into a prison to see someone. Can't wear blue as the inmates wear blue. Can't wear almost anything that would be considered normal in real life. You have to buy a card, then put money on it, to buy drinks and snacks. This process took me a couple weeks to figure out.

Can only purchase the card with a five dollar bill, nothing more, nothing less. It has to be a fiver. Then you put it in another machine and deposit money onto it so you can purchase whatever after the very pleasant search. I had to run to the inconvenience store next to the prison to pull out money from the ATM and buy a tootsie roll pop for the outrageous price of .49 just to get the exact change for the machines.

All in all, now that I've got the system figured out, it will all go well in the end and hopefully she will get out soon on house arrest and be able to go back to her job that is still waiting for her. Management, not behind the bar, obviously, but she has a way to support herself, a place to stay at and might be able to see her kids again.

There are still two dead people in this scenario and I don't forget that she killed two people. By the Gods, life can be really fucked up at times, if not always.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    .49 doesn't seem so bad for a Tootsie Pop.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    You should have seen the other prices. $2.49 for a regular package of starburst. I didn't want to spend any more than I needed to. Damn good $.49. I did enjoy it. Been a while since I last had one.

I just happened to be at an old-time candy store today and saw this.

pops.jpg
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I just happened to be at an old-time candy store today

I just happened to be at an old-time candy store today and saw this.

pops.jpg
    That's a large part of the reason why I have so many caps! Tootsie Pops and Laffy Taffy

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    That's a large part of the reason why I have so many caps! Tootsie Pops and Laffy Taffy
    I've had two fillings my entire life. Both were on the same tooth.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    You should have seen the other prices. $2.49 for a regular package of starburst. I didn't want to spend any more than I needed to. Damn good $.49. I did enjoy it. Been a while since I last had one.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll pop?

The world may never know...
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll pop?
    It depends on who the guitarist is.