Thread: "Electric Lady Studios: A Jimi Hendrix Vision" 3CD/1BD box set (3/25/2022-Legacy)

"Electric Lady Studios: A Jimi Hendrix Vision" 3CD/1BD box set (3/25/2022-Legacy)

No Information on this collection at this time:

Pre-order Amazon USA
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09NF5SN78/?tag=imwan-20

81IBevxr6nL._SL1500_.jpg

Info on Electric Lady Studios: A Jimi Hendrix Vision-

Electric Lady Studios: A Jimi Hendrix Vision is the latest in-depth project from Experience Hendrix, encompassing 3CD/ 1 Blu-Ray DVD of previously unreleased music Jimi Hendrix recorded at his newly created recording facility in 1970. The deluxe box set offers 39 tracks (38 previously unreleased) that were recorded by the new-look Experience (Billy Cox on bass, Mitch Mitchell on drums) at Electric Lady Studios between June and August of 1970, just before the legendary musician’s untimely death the following month. The project also includes 20 newly created 5.1 surround sound mixes of the entire First Rays Of The New Rising Sun album plus three bonus tracks [“Valleys Of Neptune,” “Pali Gap,” and “Lover Man”]. The Blu-ray includes the critically acclaimed, full-length documentary Electric Lady Studios: A Jimi Hendrix Vision. The film chronicles the creation of the studio, rising from the rubble of a bankrupt Manhattan nightclub to state-of-the-art recording facility inspired by Hendrix’s desire for a permanent studio. Directed by John McDermott and Produced by Janie Hendrix, George Scott and McDermott, the film features exclusive interviews with Steve Winwood [who joined Hendrix on the first night of recording at the new studio], Experience bassist Billy Cox, and original Electric Lady staff members who helped Hendrix realize his dream. The documentary includes never-before-seen footage and photos as well as track breakdowns of Hendrix classics such as “Freedom,” Angel” and “Dolly Dagger” by recording engineer Eddie Kramer. The package includes an extensive booklet filled with unpublished photos, Hendrix’s handwritten song drafts, and comprehensive liner notes.

Tracklist
    [CD1]
    1 Ezy Ryder 2 Valleys of Neptune 3 Straight Ahead 4 Drifter's Escape 5 Astro Man 6 Astro Man 7 Drifting 8 Night Bird Flying 9 Farther Up the Road 10 The Long Medley: Astro Man / Beginnings / Hey Baby (New Rising Sun) / Midnight Lightning (Keep On Groovin') / Freedom

[CD2]
    1 Earth Blues 2 Dolly Dagger 3 Angel 4 Beginnings 5 Lover Man 6 Tune X / Just Came In 7 Heaven Has No Sorrow 8 Freedom 9 Valleys of Neptune 10 Come Down Hard On Me 11 Dolly Dagger 12 Messing Around 13 Tune X / Just Came In 14 Drifting 15 Freedom 16 Belly Button Window

[CD3]
    1 Dolly Dagger 2 Night Bird Flying 3 Freedom 4 Midnight Lightning / Beginnings 5 Straight Ahead 6 In From the Storm 7 Bolero / Hey Baby (New Rising Sun) 8 Drifter's Escape 9 Astro Man 10 Bleeding Heart 11 Drifting 12 Room Full of Mirrors 13 Angel

[Blu-ray]
    1 Freedom 2 Valleys of Neptune 3 Ezy Ryder 4 Angel 5 Izabella 6 Lover Man 7 Night Bird Flying 8 My Friend 9 Dolly Dagger 10 Slow Poli Gap 11 Straight Ahead 12 Drifting 13 Beginnings 14 Stepping Stone 15 Hey Baby (New Rising Sun) 16 Earth Blues 17 In From the Storm 18 Room Full of Mirrors 19 Astro Man 20 Belly Button Window

Pre order from Amazon USA (Amazon UK & Canada coming soon)-
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09NF5SN78/?tag=imwan-20

This long delayed release is coming out on September 13th.

https://www.jimihendrix.com/news/new...-september-13/

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Are these tracks ones that have been out there as bootlegs for ages? If anyone's heard them, are they good? It's actually something I might give as a gift to someone, if it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Are these tracks ones that have been out there as bootlegs for ages? If anyone's heard them, are they good? It's actually something I might give as a gift to someone, if it's good.
    Good question. There have been so many boots of studio outtakes it's hard to know. I have not seen many details about the tracks. I would say go ahead and get it for me.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Cool! It looks like there's a new Jimi Hendrix box set coming out called "Electric Lady Studios: A Jimi Hendrix Vision" with 3 CDs and 1 Blu-ray disc. You can pre-order it on Amazon USA, but there's no more information available about the collection at this time.

Here's an interesting article on Electric Lady Studios ahead of the documentary's full release in October. The boxset looks tempting but I cannot find track lengths listed anywhere.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/ar...os-documentary
    Last edited by Munster; 08-26-2024 at 08:04 AM.
    We walked arm in arm with madness, and every little breeze whispered of the secret love we had for our disease (P. Blegvad)

Quote Originally Posted by Munster View Post
    The boxset looks tempting but I cannot find track lengths listed anywhere.
    Qobuz has the track lengths but I don't see a way to repost them.

The long medley at the end of disc one runs 26:23.

^^ Thanks. A total three and a quarter hours' playing time is enticing.
    We walked arm in arm with madness, and every little breeze whispered of the secret love we had for our disease (P. Blegvad)