Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Computer Question

At this moment there seems to be another weird problem with my computer. It starts as soon as I turn on the power, so I don't have to push the button on the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    At this moment there seems to be another weird problem with my computer. It starts as soon as I turn on the power, so I don't have to push the button on the computer.
    Sounds like another BIOS/battery related issue. Whatever setting was in the CMOS before is now changed.
    <sig out of order>

Now if I only would find a way to remove the battery from it's holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    That often happens when a machine is powered off without proper shutdown. Then powered back on. But as Plasmatopia said, the BIOS setting to boot after power is restored could've spontaneously enabled itself. A slight under-voltage can cause digital circuitry to behave erratically. Once you figure out how to remove the battery, you'll want to short the jumper to clear the CMOS before inserting the new battery. That jumper will be a small square piece of plastic, inserted onto two of a set of three pins. Located right next to the battery. Remove that jumper and short the center pin with the pin that's not connected. Wait about 15 seconds, then put it back where it was before.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    That often happens when a machine is powered off without proper shutdown. Then powered back on. But as Plasmatopia said, the BIOS setting to boot after power is restored could've spontaneously enabled itself. A slight under-voltage can cause digital circuitry to behave erratically. Once you figure out how to remove the battery, you'll want to short the jumper to clear the CMOS before inserting the new battery. That jumper will be a small square piece of plastic, inserted onto two of a set of three pins. Located right next to the battery. Remove that jumper and short the center pin with the pin that's not connected. Wait about 15 seconds, then put it back where it was before.
    I always shut down, how I'm supposed to do.