Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: My Recent DVD Haul - What's Yours?

^^Good luck. By the way, I didn't watch a music-DVD last Friday. After the almost 3 hours lasting movie Drive My Car I went to bed. Great movie!

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Good Friday Evening!

I have a lot of choices for DVD watching tonight. I just received the PT CC Live Box Set (it's beautiful) which has a Blu Ray show from that tour. I still have 2 DVD's for Tull's Around The World 4 DVD Box Set. I also have what looks like a ton of BR shows from the Massic Live Camel Box Set.
    I want to watch everything! The one I'm selecting tonight is the Live PT show from 2022. A huge set list with lot of classic Porcupine Tree. I saw this tour in Laval, Quebec at a 15K seat arena. It was a great show so I'm going to relive this show tonight.

I remember Steven commenting when they played Anesthetize that is was a long song so it must be prog!

Last edited by mozo-pg; 12-15-2023 at 08:21 PM.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

The BR DVD of CC Live is excellent. Perfectly filmed and the sound is excellent. I liked the older tunes more than CC. I'll defnintely return for repeated listenings.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Adding To My DVD Haul:

Atom Heart Mother/"Hakone Aphrodite" Japan 1971 (Cd + Bluray Deluxe)
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 12-16-2023 at 07:05 PM.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    What is Hakone Aphrodite?

When you’re watching a full concert film, like last night, do you take a short break and again? That’s what I’d do if I had some of that primo Canadian hash!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    What is Hakone Aphrodite?

When you’re watching a full concert film, like last night, do you take a short break and again? That’s what I’d do if I had some of that primo Canadian hash!
    Hey Jed - If you do a search on Amazon for Floyd Harone Aphrodite - it's Floyd's first show in Japan in an amazingly beautiful box set with a 60 Page Booklet, all kinds of goodies, including new Blu Ray show from 1971. I bought it off Amazon.ca with 2 day free shipping for $54 Canadian! A deal.

I did smoke some very nice moist black hash, I bought an onze about a month ago delivered to my house! I'm going to watch the PT CC Live BR show again soon, it was decent.
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 12-16-2023 at 09:16 PM.

Friday evening I was in the mood for a bit more quite music, so watched the DVD The Road To Harry's Bar from the late Gordon Haskell - https://www.discogs.com/release/7751...-To-Harrys-Bar
    Filmed in Poland where Haskell and his friend Hamish Stuart perform with a Polish band. Especially the young guitarist Damian Kurasz is a joy to watch and listen to. It's also nice to notice Haskell played a lot of songs from Michael Franks in this set. The music is somewhere between Franks and easy Steely Dan.

Here's the track How Wonderful You Are:

And Go Tell Sarah:

^^ Is that Gorden Haskell of King Crimson? Sounds decent.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    ^^ Is that Gorden Haskell of King Crimson? Sounds decent.
    Correct. Haskell had a brief moment in Crimson, although I don't believe he had any fun those days.

I picked up the Ministrel, Wood, and Aqualung Box sets this week. Really nice. On Friday night I watched the DVD for Songs From The Wood. It was enjoyable. My friend bought me a vap pen and oil cartridge for Christmas. It was kick ass!

Last edited by mozo-pg; 12-23-2023 at 07:24 PM.

^ Vape pens and cannabis oil cartridges are amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ Vape pens and cannabis oil cartridges are amazing!
    As mentioned Mark, my best buddy gave me the pen and catridge for Christmas. I came home and charged it. He said press the button twice and it would work. I tried, nothing. I asked him do you really get high with this pen? He assured me with a resounding "yes". He suggested I should go online to get instructions. Click FIVE TIMES and the rest is history. It's incredible how high you get with only 1 or 2 tokes.

Friday Night!!

Disc 32 Camel Massive Box. The Video Vaults. It has a wide range of Camel shows/tunes, including Guildford Civic Hall and the BBC "Old Whistle Testand Live At The Hammersmith Odeon, plus other stuff.

Interbullem, I haven't seen you around?
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 01-02-2024 at 02:59 PM.

Has anyone been able to discern if the box contains any live video footage that isn't in the DVDs that Camel has already released? I haven't watched any of the video yet, but I'm a bit worried that I'll already have all the footage that's in the box. Although it would still be good to have all that and the albums and live audio in one box!

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post

Interbullem, I haven't seen you around?
    Well observed! Last week I watched the movie Picnick At Hanging Rock, followed by a great documentary on that film, both in a fine 3-disc boxset.

Yesterday I watched Full Circle/The Haunting Of Julia, followed by a couple of documentaries on that movie, including a nice recent interview with composer Colin Towns.

So, on both evenings there wasn't time left for a music-DVD.

Has anyone been able to discern if the box contains any live video footage that isn't in the DVDs that Camel has already released? I haven't watched any of the video yet, but I'm a bit worried that I'll already have all the footage that's in the box. Although it would still be good to have all that and the albums and live audio in one box!
    I watched the DVD last night. It's seems like some new material and a much younger period of the band. I agree, too, that it's nice to have it in one DVD.

Tonight for New Year's Eve I watched the Gong DVD High Above the Subterranea Club 2000 and it was a blast! Great little energetic show on a small stage with some dynamite playing from Theo Travis. I thoroughly enjoyed it!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I watched the DVD Mixtaped from no-man, released as a double-DVD in 2009. The first disk (which I watched) is the live at the Bush Hall, London-show, the second disk features Returning, a documentary on the group.

The live-recording is in stereo and wonderful 5.1 surround.

Friday!

Tonight - Transatlanic - The Final Flight - Live At The Opympia. Watching it on blu ray 5.1 surround. Here's a full show of The Whilwind:

I have to admit, TA is prog by numbers but it's comfort food sympth prog.
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 01-12-2024 at 08:29 PM.

^^^ Hey Lorne/Interbellum - The No-Man and Gong DVD's look cool.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Tonight is the DVD of Present - Barbaro from RIO Carmaux 2009.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    I watched the DVD Mixtaped from no-man, released as a double-DVD in 2009. The first disk (which I watched) is the live at the Bush Hall, London-show, the second disk features Returning, a documentary on the group.

The live-recording is in stereo and wonderful 5.1 surround.

Yesterday I followed my No-Man-dvd-adventure with Love And Endings from 2011. Compared with Mixtaped I list a few things:
    - the band is great again and there where drummer Andrew Booker played on a syndrum-set on Mixtaped, this time he plays an acoustic drumkit, which I prefer.
    - the sound is good, but only in stereo.
    - there are less camera's (I think just two or three), which makes it less appealing to watch; I believe this is due to the fact that this show is shot during a Burning Shed-festival where the band was playing a short set, unlike Mixtaped which was a full No-Man-concert.
    - as you can see on the clip from the track Lighthouse below there are effects used to give the film a bit of an artistic element, although I must say I don't like it very much.

I watched the Transatlantic DVD. I like the music on the 3CD/DVD set but somehow the video was not that enjoyable. I enjoyed Roine and Pete but Neal and Mike were underwheling. 2/5

Yahoo! It's Friday night

This week I ordered Yes Union 30 3CD/DVD set. The DVD has several Yes classics and also quite a bit of their 80s material. The later I'm not thrilled about but will have an open mind. If this is a disappointment, I have Second Home - Mystery - Live at Progdreams.

Enjoy your weekend everyone. Oh yeah, travelling to Montreal tomorrow to see The Music Box at Place Des Arts.

Is that Union 3CD/DVD set available again, I did you buy a second-hand copy? How was the fondle?

Is that Union 3CD/DVD set available again, I did you buy a second-hand copy? How was the fondle?
    I bought it off Amazon.ca. It's plastic jewel case, not that foundable. The Mystery DVD is more fondable, it's like a cardboard digipak.