Thread: Wreckless Eric

Wreckless Eric

I saw the TV Expedia commercial which ends with the twice-repeated "I'd go the whole wide world" and had to dig out the 7" which is Whole Wide World b/w Semaphore Signals. One of the greatest sloppy punky 45's ever. Though he never did better IMHO this one I give a big "Yeah!"

David

Saw him as part of the Stiffs Live Stiffs tour in 77 with Elvis Costello, Ian Dury and the others. I bought the 10 inch version of the lp in horrid brown vinyl- missing the above track. It was reduced.
    'I would advise stilts for the quagmires"

A name I've heard, but I don't think I've ever actually heard his music. Got the impression he was another early punk rocker, or at least someone who was affiliated with the "punk scene" in the UK at the time, via his connection to Stiff Records. Beyond that, I know he played a Rickenbacker. That's it.

A friend of mine in the next town over had a living room show in his house in which Eric played solo live. Great stuff! Eric played both sides of his 45 and a pile of other. Always wondered what the downstairs neighbor thought.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.