Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2022 NFL Discussion Thread

Not only does Detroit get the new season of “Hard Knocks” but the city will also be hosting the draft. There have been a lot of rumors lately that coach Dan Campbell was pushing HBO to finally feature the Lions to help promote the team, so that did not come as a total surprise, but having the draft in Detroit was completely unexpected. The Lions have 3 out of the first 34 picks, so should be fun for fans.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Not only does Detroit get the new season of “Hard Knocks” but the city will also be hosting the draft. There have been a lot of rumors lately that coach Dan Campbell was pushing HBO to finally feature the Lions to help promote the team, so that did not come as a total surprise, but having the draft in Detroit was completely unexpected. The Lions have 3 out of the first 34 picks, so should be fun for fans.
    Detroit is hosting the 2024 draft, not this year's. Vegas is hosting this year and KC in 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    Detroit is hosting the 2024 draft, not this year's. Vegas is hosting this year and KC in 2023.
    Oops, thanks for the clarification. I read the press release incorrectly.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    I don’t say this too often, but unless Hill is the most toxic mofo in the clubhouse, the Chiefs made an absolutely colossal mistake. I’m not sure the Dolphins can adequately profit off that, but time will tell.
    I dunno, how many examples are there of a great reciever going to an underachieving offense and making it better versus a great QB going to an underachieving offense and making it better. Even Randy Moss had to flounder with the Raiders before he got play with Tom Brady. OBJ wasn't a premiere receiver with Cleveland or LA. KC will reload. Miami is delusional if they think a receiver like Hill is going to make a scrub like Tua better.
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

Pittsburgh Steelers QB Dwayne Haskins dies after being struck by dump truck
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Anyone gonna watch the USFL this weekend? Don't all answer at once....

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    The Who?
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    The Who?
    They're playing at halftime.

I will be at ROSfest, so probably won't have the chance this weekend, but I am willing to give it a shot, especially since the Michigan Panthers are back.

I'll check it out, if I remember that it's on. I loved it back in the day.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

^ Same here.

No USFL teams my side of the Rockies and only one (Houston) on my side of the Mississippi.

Serengeti Svengali Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Hard pass on the USFL for me. (And the XFL next year, assuming it doesn't collapse by then)
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

I like that the USeFuL has the same teams, names and Unis as back in the day. (Not all there, I don't think, but the ones that are were franchises from way back when.)

I was a fan of the original LA Express and attended some games, but that was short-lived. The HBO series 1st & 10 used the LA Express color scheme and game footage for the series. I loved that show!

Caught a dozen or so LA Avengers arena football games in the early 00's. Those were always fun, but blah gameplay.

I went to the first LA Extreme home game for the XFL in 2001. Cancelled after one season.

In 2014, I had season tickets to LA KISS arena football. Great entertainment; sucky football. Although, best deal for football entertainment. $99 season tickets. Each game was like a concert with live band, music, timeouts & halftime craziness including motocross & BMX. Steel Panther performed at one of the games. At the end of the season, KISS performed a free concert on a non-football night exclusively for season ticket holders. During the season they had giveaways at each game. I got tipped off that at the start of the 2nd quarter the venue would leave out the remaining items for anyone to grab. Many KISS fans around the world now had these exclusive items. Cha-ching! It was as if KISS paid me to attend their football games. By the way, anyone need any KISS arena football bobble heads? I know a guy that has a few...

The cheerleaders and entire football team would come out immediately after the game and you could meet each one on the field.

This is what an LA KISS timeout is like. They had Nita Strauss as the main axe-slinger... then she got picked up by Alice Cooper to tour, so she left LA KISS:

Now she is with LA Rams!

Nowadays, I do not watch any pro football unless it is the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    I was a fan of the original LA Express and attended some games, but that was short-lived. The HBO series 1st & 10 used the LA Express color scheme and game footage for the series. I loved that show!
    My one-time coke dealer was on the LA Express.

You guys have heard the rumors about Brady and Sean Payton to the Dolphins, right?

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-should-...html?.tsrc=364

I've been hearing/reading about that rumor for weeks. I'll believe it when/if it happens. Don't really care either way. It's become a circus of asshattery........

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post

Caught a dozen or so LA Avengers arena football games in the early 00's. Those were always fun, but blah gameplay.

I went to the first LA Extreme home game for the XFL in 2001. Cancelled after one season.

In 2014, I had season tickets to LA KISS arena football. Great entertainment; sucky football. Although, best deal for football entertainment. $99 season tickets. Each game was like a concert with live band, music, timeouts & halftime craziness including motocross & BMX. Steel Panther performed at one of the games. At the end of the season, KISS performed a free concert on a non-football night exclusively for season ticket holders. During the season they had giveaways at each game. I got tipped off that at the start of the 2nd quarter the venue would leave out the remaining items for anyone to grab. Many KISS fans around the world now had these exclusive items. Cha-ching! It was as if KISS paid me to attend their football games. By the way, anyone need any KISS arena football bobble heads? I know a guy that has a few...

Nowadays, I do not watch any pro football unless it is the NFL.
    We had an arena football team in Grand Rapids, about 45 minutes from me, and used to go to occasional games. They even won the Arena Bowl one year if I remember correct. We had a minor league arena team here in Kalamazoo for a year. The roof of our litttle arena was so low that they had to do squib kicks or they would hit the ceiling. It was a pretty low budget operation, but fun to go and drink a few beers.

My one-time coke dealer was on the LA Express.

Mind. Blown.

Wait. All the USFL games are being played in Birmingham? That’s … interesting.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    And it's being shown on two of our four local channels. WTF
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    That's probably a brilliant idea for a fledgling league. Small league, cost effective game days, and located in a football state.

That's probably a brilliant idea for a fledgling league. Small league, cost effective game days, and located in a football state.
    It won't build much fan loyalty for the individual franchises. And will Birmingham fans come out to see teams from other cities?

OK...Just did a brief search, and it seems that Fox owns the League (why are some games on NBC???) and only cares about 2 things: Televising the games and giving gamblers football games to bet on. Travel costs are eliminated.

Fwiw, while it was no gem, I enjoyed the NJ - Birmingham game tonight. I'll probably tune in, as long as the brain cells work and I remember that they're on. (I didn't tonight until I saw polmico's post. Thanks.)