Thread: Barry Bailey From The Atlanta Rhythm Section Passed Last Night.

Barry Bailey From The Atlanta Rhythm Section Passed Last Night.

Barry Bailey died in his sleep last night. He was struggling with multiple sclerosis. The ARS were one of my favorite bands.
    They wrote so many great songs and were very different from other rock bands from the south. Barry was a unique player
    with his own tone. They were a great band live. He is missed. ARS are still touring today, with Rodney Justo, the original
    vocalist and Dean Daughtry, the original keyboard player. Fly on Barry!

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Rest in peace, Barry.
    Frog in boiling water

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    Barry Bailey died in his sleep last night. He was struggling with multiple sclerosis. The ARS were one of my favorite bands.
    They wrote so many great songs and were very different from other rock bands from the south. Barry was a unique player
    with his own tone. They were a great band live. He is missed. ARS are still touring today, with Rodney Justo, the original
    vocalist and Dean Daughtry, the original keyboard player. Fly on Barry!
    They had 3 single releases that I thought were great songs from both a composing and performance perspective. Of course, "Imaginary Lover" is their greatest achievement with clever lyric and outstanding guitar playing that goes on and on, as an outro. Their follow up hit "Do It Or Die" as also quite good and inspirational as well. "So Into You", an earlier hit, was the first time I heard them and it definitely caught my attention.

The album "Champagne Jam" was their biggest selling one and was all over the radio in 1978. Barry's guitar playing really drove their sound and made it unique for a Soft Rock band (from the South, of all things).

You should check out their albums before Champagne Jam. Not a soft rock band. They had some lovely ballads certainly. They kicked ass live. It’s like calling Ambrosia a soft rock band when they had some ballad hits here and there. At the very least listen to Dog Days, Red Tape and the live album Are You Ready?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk