Thread: Correcting song length in ripped flac files

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Correcting song length in ripped flac files

Years ago I ripped most of my collection into flacs. Around a thousand cd's
    I used cdex from several computers to my NAS.
    It turned out that the song lengths for a bunch of albums is 3:22:00 ( 3 hours 22 min )
    The other tags are correct but something about my wifi connection from one of the computers caused this to happen.
    Later I replaced the wifi and the songs ripped to the correct time length. And cd ripped from a desktop with wired ethernet were fine.
    I thought that I could fix it with Musicbrainz Picard by looking up the album and replacing the tags.
    A week or so ago I started trying to fix up tags showing errors in Bliss.
    Re - ripped some albums with dbPoweramp, that fixed it, but very time consuming. And also a great way to find cd's with unrecoverable errors ( surprise! )
    Tried MP3tag and MusicBrainz Picard to replace the tags, but Picard does not replace the song length like I thought it had in the past.
    Any suggestions on repairing the song length with a program?
    Last edited by markwoll; 04-07-2022 at 07:08 PM.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain