Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NBA Play-offs 2022

The eons are closing
    I will be watching Celts / Nets tonight; but because of the holidaze today X-) ....in my head I will be seeing Kenyon Martin, Kerry Kittles, Richard Jefferson and JKidd denying Paul Pierce time after time with ease....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Joel Embiid.

That's all I have to say.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Joel Embiid.

That's all I have to say.
    like Durant with muscles.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

When good defense was applied, KD couldn't do anything. At least Giannis can defend, get his guys open shots, hustle, etc.. And then go almost perfect in the championship game. Ingram reminds me of Durant. Same kinda game, same size, body, etc... And they're doing this without Zion.

It's too bad there's so many injuries, but I'm looking forward for Ben Simmons to play and hope it goes to 7. I hope every series goes to 7, but I think Ben fits with that team perfectly. If GS didn't have Draymond, Ben could have fit there, since Curry plays the 2 anyway, but it's more common to have two ball-handlers now.

With Dallas going up 2-1 without Luka, I'm definitely rooting for them. Jalen Brunson adds another $10 million with each new game. I wonder if he re-signs with the Mavs. I would also wait until Game 5 to bring back Luka. They're on a roll, and I'd wait until they lose a game before bringing him back, which also gives his calf more time to rest. Luka at 80% vs. 70% could be the difference.

Not a fan of trade demands, so I'll probably always root against the team Harden is on... I still think Phoenix will win this series, and possibly win the title. It could be a Bucks-Suns rematch. Miami is looking good, and I'd never count GS out, and I like what Kerr has done bringing Curry off the bench. And kudos to him for embracing it. This way Jordan Poole can be a star with the starting unit, considering he's playing with guys who'll get a ton of attention, but also being a recipient to Draymond's great passes.

Watching PHI@TOR. I can't even see the Heat games on local, free TV, but I can see Philly@Tronno.

Quote Originally Posted by MortSahlFan View Post
    When good defense was applied, KD couldn't do anything. At least Giannis can defend, get his guys open shots, hustle, etc.. And then go almost perfect in the championship game. Ingram reminds me of Durant. Same kinda game, same size, body, etc... And they're doing this without Zion.

It's too bad there's so many injuries, but I'm looking forward for Ben Simmons to play and hope it goes to 7. I hope every series goes to 7, but I think Ben fits with that team perfectly. If GS didn't have Draymond, Ben could have fit there, since Curry plays the 2 anyway, but it's more common to have two ball-handlers now.

With Dallas going up 2-1 without Luka, I'm definitely rooting for them. Jalen Brunson adds another $10 million with each new game. I wonder if he re-signs with the Mavs. I would also wait until Game 5 to bring back Luka. They're on a roll, and I'd wait until they lose a game before bringing him back, which also gives his calf more time to rest. Luka at 80% vs. 70% could be the difference.

Not a fan of trade demands, so I'll probably always root against the team Harden is on... I still think Phoenix will win this series, and possibly win the title. It could be a Bucks-Suns rematch. Miami is looking good, and I'd never count GS out, and I like what Kerr has done bringing Curry off the bench. And kudos to him for embracing it. This way Jordan Poole can be a star with the starting unit, considering he's playing with guys who'll get a ton of attention, but also being a recipient to Draymond's great passes.
    Yes, rumors of the Suns' death were greatly exaggerated. At one point during the regular season, all the star players were out. That didn't stop them from spanking other teams all over the court.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Raptors protect home court.

Mem v. Min is turning into a great series. Bos v. Bklyn is turning into the series that exposes the Nets.

Nice finish by Denver and the Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Nice finish by Denver and the Joker.
    We've been burned twice by the same play, only this time it was Barton hitting the three.

After last night's abysmal performance, it's clear the Suns have allowed the Pelicans into their heads.

Brooklyn gets broomed by the Celts. Let's hope Harris and Simmons on the court next year make a big difference as Durant and Irving pick a bad time for shooting slumps.

^ I could be wrong, but Simmons doesn't seem like the kind of guy you win with.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I'm sure he would have hit at least one of the ten free throws that Claxton missed!

It's too bad Simmons didn't play... Even if it was just for a few games, I just wanted to see how he'd look on the court with two options like Kyrie and KD.... The one thing I hope younger fans learn is how important defense is, and doing other things. If they're not scoring, then they're not helping their team much.. Giannis puts a lot of pressure on the interior and in the fast break, comes out of nowhere to make amazing defensive plays, blocking dunks, but never resting on the defensive end, or taking games off (Jokic has played almost every game in the last 2 yrs, too), and sticking around with a low-market team and even signing his extension a year early so his teammates, coaches, organization, fans, city didn't have to wait and worry when it was a given by all so-called NBA reporters and their unnamed sources.

And now with teams switching on defense, you not only need good defenders, but versatile ones like Draymond Green... The Nets would be wise to keep Bruce Brown.

There's some really good games on tonight, and I'm SO glad they're on TNT.. I love "Inside the NBA"

You’re probably right. I wouldn’t have made the trade but I would have still traded Harden.. I’m not a big fan of either, but he is on the team and he does have skills.
    Last edited by Tangram; 04-26-2022 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MortSahlFan View Post
    Hate to break it to ya, but Simmons never had any intention of playing. Calling him "soft" would be compliment.

The epitome of a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad 2 the Bone View Post
    I'm sure he would have hit at least one of the ten free throws that Claxton missed!
    I wouldn't put any money on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    You’re probably right. I wouldn’t have made the trade but I would have still traded Harden.. I’m not a big fan of either, but he is on the team and he does have skills.
    Harden seems to be everything that was advertised, for better or worse, but he's contributing a lot more than Simmons did.

No, I'm not a Ben Simmons fan.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

After everyone wrote the Sun's obituary after game 2, and after doubt was raised by the Suns' abysmal performance in game 4, the Suns granted the Pelicans an early vacation last night.

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    After everyone wrote the Sun's obituary after game 2, and after doubt was raised by the Suns' abysmal performance in game 4, the Suns granted the Pelicans an early vacation last night.
    That's not a very flattering endorsement.

Yikes, just heard that Embiid is out indefinitely due to injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    That's not a very flattering endorsement.
    Have you been watching local sportscasts? They've been saying the same things.

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    Have you been watching local sportscasts? They've been saying the same things.
    I don't watch any sportscasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Yikes, just heard that Embiid is out indefinitely due to injury.
    Dude is just snakebitten. Hopefully only out for a game or two with the concussion. He'll probably bring back the mask.

Yeah he'll be back. I'll miss the game on Monday unfortunately. Hope Embiid heals up, but I'll be rooting for Miami of course.

T-Wolves blew double-digit fourth quarter leads in three of their four losses to Memphis. That's gotta make for a long, painful summer in Minnesota.