Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: New (mainly) prog blog & review site

It promises to be another busy week at www.lazland.org and we have two new album releases to bring to you tonight.

First up, a cracking rock album by Swedish outfit, PreHistoric Animals with Finding Love In Strange Places, essential for anyone who appreciates great storytelling with their intelligent music.

Second is a heady cocktail of jazz, psych, heavy, from Galatian outfit, Juzz.

As ever, pop along to the homepage, and click on the relevant button.
    I review and blog at www.lazland.org

A cracker of an album is reviewed this evening. Hourglass by Patchwork Cacophony, the solo vehicle of Gandalf's Fist keyboardist, Ben Bell.

As ever, take yourselves along to the homepage at www.lazland.org, and click on the button.

Now that I have partially retired with work and only do three days per week, I am busier than ever! Quite how I found time for a five day week is beyond me.

So, the fruits of my labour this evening are two brand new album reviews, one progressive and the other traditional Irish music with a definite contemporary feel. This eclecticism in my website is extremely important to me.

The albums are by HFMC (Hasse Froberg & Musical Companions) and Notify. As ever, take yourselves over to my homepage at www.lazland.org and click on the links.

Go on. Treat yourselves!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I read the HFMC review - nice job! I really liked the video. That's the kind of video I like best - nothing too fancy, interesting and fun to watch, but it just features the band and isn't distracting.

Congratulations on your partial retirement!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I read the HFMC review - nice job! I really liked the video. That's the kind of video I like best - nothing too fancy, interesting and fun to watch, but it just features the band and isn't distracting.

Congratulations on your partial retirement!
    Thank you! Yes, I liked that video as well, and I think you will really enjoy the complete album as well.

Keep it going strong Steve. You provide a much needed service with your website and all the artists are grateful, and appreciate what you do!
    Still alive and well...
    https://bakullama1.bandcamp.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Nijinsky Hind View Post
    Keep it going strong Steve. You provide a much needed service with your website and all the artists are grateful, and appreciate what you do!
    Thanks, Rick, much appreciated! Hopefully, I am good enough fora few years yet!

Quote Originally Posted by lazland View Post
    Thanks, Rick, much appreciated! Hopefully, I am good enough fora few years yet!
    About retirement...

1. DO NOT sit still. Keep moving!
    2. Love your Hobbies & family, and they will love you back.
    3. Do not crawl under cars.
    4. "Don't climb any High Things" ( like the song says)
    5. baking soda!!! lol. Cheers.
    Still alive and well...

We finish off the final week of May with a review of Enigmatic Sound Machines and their sophomore release, The Hierarchies of Angels. More prog than the debut, but still with that extremely clever and catchy electronic pop/rock, this is a fine effort.

As ever, pop along to www.lazland.org to take a look and have a listen.

We finish off the final week of May with a review of Enigmatic Sound Machines and their sophomore release, The Hierarchies of Angels. More prog than the debut, but still with that extremely clever and catchy electronic pop/rock, this is a fine effort.

As ever, pop along to www.lazland.org to take a look and have a listen.
    Downloaded this just last week. A fine album and the review sums it up.
    Still alive and well...

As I think you all know now, I am also running a YouTube video channel for Lazland, and this evening, I have posted the third in my monthly series of Ruminations videos, which plays new music and has a chat about some seriously good artists, and this month has a gloriously eclectic mix, with Jenny Colquitt, Grice, Sykofant, Brendan Perkins, Massino Pieretti, Notify, and Enigmatic Sound Machines.

You can see this at

We have two new album reviews posted on the website at www.lazland.org this evening, both very worthy of your attention.

First up is Finnish outfit, Magician's Red with a very interesting commentary on sexuality and health, Endless Yearning.

Second is perennial quality outfit, The Tangent with To Follow Polaris.

To see both, simply go to the homepage and click on the relevant button.

Nice Tangent review. I enjoyed it and I am in agreement with you!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Nice Tangent review. I enjoyed it and I am in agreement with you!
    Thank you!

First new album review of this new week (I will try to get a second up by the close of the week, but I am busy working on the second video in the "Old Album, New Thoughts" series, this one Yes and 90125).

The album is a stunner from singer-songwriter Jenny Colquitt, and her Staring at the Moon. Very much worthy of you checking it out.

The second new album review of the week is the brand new release from melodic prog band, Returned to the Earth and their Stalagmite Steeple, a class work.

As ever, take yourselves over to www.lazland.org and click on the button!!

The Lazland website has a sister video channel on YouTube, also called Lazland and @stevelazenby6484.

This evening, I have posted the second of my “Old Album, New Thoughts” series, this the direct sequel to my discussion of Drama, Yes and 90125, with discussion about all the main players, music from Asia, Magnification (!), and, naturally, 90125.

I loved it when I wrote my original review – what about 2024?

I have had so much positive feedback for the first video discussing Drama, for which I am tremendously grateful. I really hope you enjoy this one at

The Lazland website has a sister video channel on YouTube, also called Lazland and @stevelazenby6484.

This evening, I have posted the second of my “Old Album, New Thoughts” series, this the direct sequel to my discussion of Drama, Yes and 90125, with discussion about all the main players, music from Asia, Magnification (!), and, naturally, 90125.

I loved it when I wrote my original review – what about 2024?

I have had so much positive feedback for the first video discussing Drama, for which I am tremendously grateful. I really hope you enjoy this one at
    I have to admit to loving this album ever since its release. (although I had a hard time admitting it at first) I was happy about the sort of “new wavey” more accessible approach, and they had some excellent “hits” come from it. I like big generator too. Drama I can take or leave. I don't own a copy. For me personally, RELAYER was YES crowning achievement ...

Wakeman... I almost liked Journey to the Center of the earth for a minute. Nothing else he's done has ever grabbed me.

And Asia… John Wetton was at his most powerful vocally doing pop ballad rock. I love his pop ballads. I bought his anthology from DGM many years ago. 90215 is a contentiously opinioned album but in the end… it’s pretty great. Much better than the Red Discipline album, that they later called King Crimson. But that was a good album too in its own way. As you state, they all re-thought their styles during this changing time period to remain relevant, and it worked. The Talking Heads were on their heels lol.
    Last edited by Nijinsky Hind; 5 Days Ago at 04:52 PM.
    Still alive and well...

Quote Originally Posted by Nijinsky Hind View Post
    I have to admit to loving this album ever since its release. (although I had a hard time admitting it at first) I was happy about the sort of “new wavey” more accessible approach, and they had some excellent “hits” come from it. I like big generator too. Drama I can take or leave. I don't own a copy. For me personally, RELAYER was YES crowning achievement ...

Wakeman... I almost liked Journey to the Center of the earth for a minute. Nothing else he's done has ever grabbed me.

And Asia… John Wetton was at his most powerful vocally doing pop ballad rock. I love his pop ballads. I bought his anthology from DGM many years ago. 90215 is a contentiously opinioned album but in the end… it’s pretty great. Much better than the Red Discipline album, that they later called King Crimson. But that was a good album too in its own way. As you state, they all re-thought their styles during this changing time period to remain relevant, and it worked. The Talking Heads were on their heels lol.
    Thanks. Yes, a magnificent album, and the context you put this in accords with much of mine!

New album review time on www.lazland.org, and tonight we have an interesting duo, The Echo Veils, with their The Calm Beneath The Noise, a tale of love and separation.

Pop along to the homepage, and click on the button to listen to a very strong album.