Thread: Bent Knee status update

Bent Knee status update

I just saw this on Bent Knee's facebook page. It explains the whole Ben/Jessica, future of touring situation:

"Hello friends. Normally our social media is just a shameless outlet for promoting our tours and albums, but today we have an important announcement to bring you. Ben and Jess will be leaving the band after this summer. There is no animosity or ill-will involved. Everyone is still friends. The reason they’re leaving is as simple as a reason can be in such a case. Some of you reading this are touring musicians, but most of you aren’t. What those in the latter category might not know, is that sometimes touring really sucks. Don’t get us wrong, going on tour is also one of the most rewarding things a person can do, but it’s a hard life, and it can wear people down. After 10+ years of grinding it out on the road, Ben and Jess have made the very reasonable decision that they would prefer not to do it anymore. We will miss them greatly.
    We want you all to know that even though Ben and Jessica will no longer be with us, the band will continue to tour and make albums nonetheless. The remaining four of us still believe we have something to say as Bent Knee. We look forward to seeing you in June and beyond.
    -Bent Knee
    PS If you want to see Ben and Jess play with Bent Knee one last time, please buy tickets to our upcoming tour! Looks like we still managed to stick a little shameless self-promotion in there after all 🙂"

Neil

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Not a surprise
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

Sorry, just posted this in the previous thread without noticing a new one had been started. Not enough coffee.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

New path - new journey - all the best!
    Artist formerly known as Phlakaton

Will they be changing their name to Bent Elbow?
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Well considering Ben is the Bent of Bent Knee (Courtney is the Knee) they should probably just be Knee
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

^^ Or the Knights who say "knee"
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

I'm kind of at a wait and see. Ben and Jessica are obviously a big part of their sound, which includes their last 2 records (which didn't do a ton for me).

This does make me feel sad for not seeing them last Fall in my hometown. But I had seen them twice before at least.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Well considering Ben is the Bent of Bent Knee (Courtney is the Knee) they should probably just be Knee
    I never knew that. Just when I thought I couldn't learn anything new on here.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    ^ I'm a bit ashamed to say I had never realized that either! Yet I'm pretty good at Wordle...

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    ^ I'm a bit ashamed to say I had never realized that either! Yet I'm pretty good at Wordle...
    I'm getting better at it. I'm at the point now where I refuse to get a hint unless I absolutely need to.

Here is as good as any of a place for this:
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Damn they were good in Cambridge tonight, outstanding setlist looking back across everything since Shiny Eyed Babies. Tons on energy and appreciative audience.
    Ian

I'm one of the 212.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Damn they were good in Cambridge tonight, outstanding setlist looking back across everything since Shiny Eyed Babies. Tons on energy and appreciative audience.
    Assuming they played stuff from Frosting, what did you think of it?

I have a ticket for tomorrow night - hopefully I can muster the drive to go. Ian, did the band hang out after the show at all?

The Frosting stuff wasn't bad, the vocals weren't as distorted as on the album and guitar was highly present.
    Ian

I'm one of the 212.

Gavin Wallace-Ailsworth, drummer extraordinaire from Bent Knee and friend of the channel, joins me today to talk about their new album "Twenty Pills Without Water." Most of our conversation centers around influences, but we also discuss production, drumming and Gavin's song "Cowboy."

Don't forget to comment-like-subscribe ! Gavin will be back on the channel soon to chat about the new "Apostrophe (')" 50th anniversary boxed set. You won't want to miss it !