Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Peter Gabriel's New Album Finally Going To Be Released

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    A Peter Gabriel show is an excellent investment of time and money. I'll definitely go. I've never missed a tour since the 70s.
    I guess my original post on the possibility of a new album was accurate.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by Halmyre View Post
    Yes, prices too steep for my liking. Pity.
    If I may ask, what's the price range?
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rajaz View Post
    I'm 99% sure that PG will play Montreal (he loves the city and likes to practice his french skills lol) for the late summer 2023 tour - I WILL be going!

My last time was Peter Gabriel & Sting for the "Rock Paper Scissors" Tour 2016 (San Jose SAP center) that was quite awesome.
    I was at the San Jose show and you are correct it was awesome... Disappointed they did not make a video release of that tour.

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    If I may ask, what's the price range?
    For Glasgow, about £64 up to £200. At least £100 for a decent view. Interesting that entire blocks of seating are already unavailable.

Banned
    IMO, I was not thrilled with the overly layered UP album. However, the live performance “Growing Up” on Blu-ray was phenomenal. I’ve seen incredible shows since the show in Dayton, OH in the mid 80’s that was recorded on the tour for Peter Gabriel Live record.

I think Up was very over-produced. Some of the songs really struggled to breathe IMHO. That said I think 'Darkness', 'Sky Blue' and 'Signal To Noise' at least were very strong.

I'd like a somewhat more organic sounding record this time around but after all this time in the making, it seems unlikely. Looking forward to it nevertheless.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I think I'm past going to any arena-level shows anymore, but in this particular case my main concern is that it would be taking TL's attention away from Stick Men activity.

I'm hoping all the songs will be previously unreleased.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by soundsweird View Post
    I'm hoping all the songs will be previously unreleased.
    Zero chances that the concert will be that, besides the set list has already been said to include songs from the existing catalogue.

I believe he means I/O, not the tour. A few tracks on Up were released previously in slightly different forms.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

+1

I'm excited, but maybe the tour before the album? It takes quite some time for a major label to get an album out, and if PG is still tweakin'...
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Banned
    All I want is the Blu-ray from the tour.

'Burn You Up Burn You Down' appeared on a few things. Who knows, it might even be on this new album as well, given how long it's been in the works!

I never miss a PG tour and was at the Jones Beach NY show with Sting as a co-guest. That was one hell of a show! Looking forward to a proper US tour later next year.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    I think Up was very over-produced. Some of the songs really struggled to breathe IMHO. That said I think 'Darkness', 'Sky Blue' and 'Signal To Noise' at least were very strong.

I'd like a somewhat more organic sounding record this time around but after all this time in the making, it seems unlikely. Looking forward to it nevertheless.
    It'll be impressive if they come out with an album of songs that feel like they belong together and are of a piece. I've never listened to that Big Blue Ball album but I gather that thing was somewhat jumbled and disjointed. But I'm definitely excited for it, and will probably see the show one way or another. I wonder if he's playing MSG again?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I wonder if he's playing MSG again?
    Monosodium glutamates?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    It'll be impressive if they come out with an album of songs that feel like they belong together and are of a piece. I've never listened to that Big Blue Ball album but I gather that thing was somewhat jumbled and disjointed. But I'm definitely excited for it, and will probably see the show one way or another. I wonder if he's playing MSG again?
    Big Blue Ball has some cool songs on it though (Whole Thing, Altus Silva, the title track, and especially Exit Through You). I would still recommend checking it out.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

Super short snippets of new material:

I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

The first single arrives tomorrow, Friday Jan. 6th and is called Panopticom.

https://www.genesis-news.com/news-Pe...icom-n839.html
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

The first single Panopticom...

This is exciting! The first new Peter Gabriel album in over 20 years. I'm looking forward to hearing the single.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    The first single Panopticom...

Not available

It sounds like what we were hearing in the background of his announcement video. I thought he was saying "panic to come" but I guess this makes more sense.

Guessing NA will get the single very soon.

It sounds like what we were hearing in the background of his announcement video. I thought he was saying "panic to come" but I guess this makes more sense.

Guessing NA will get the single very soon.
    Tomorrow.

I thought he was saying "panic to come" but I guess this makes more sense.
    Have you asked the Marketing Dept about that?