Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Peter Gabriel's New Album Finally Going To Be Released

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar

Is Peter Gabriel's New Album Finally Going To Be Released

Drummer Manu Kache tells French newspaper Ouest-France that the new album will be out later this year and they'll be a tour in 2023.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    The full Genesis reunion can’t be long after that!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    The full Genesis reunion can’t be long after that!
    Yes, 70 something Peter Gabriel will come out on stage dressed like a flower and then you wake up!

His last studio album appears to be new blood from 2011.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

There is a larger article online - stating their are pictures of Leven, Rhodes, and Gabriel in Real World Studios. There are more details online

"Peter Gabriel has given expectant fans hope that his long-awaited new solo album will be released shortly.

Gabriel's last studio album was Up, which was released 19 years ago in 2002. Since then he has released the Scratch My Back covers project in 2008 and the New Blood orchestral reworkings of older material in 2011. There were also the Rated PG compilation of soundtrack material and the Flotsam And Jetsam compilation of B-sides which both appeared in 2019.

However the Genesis News website is reporting a new interview with Italian magazine SPECCHIO, in which Gabriel states; "It it happening - it's closer than you think", and confirms that he's been working with his band for the last ten days on at least 17 new songs in the studio."
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 06-04-2022 at 03:07 PM.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    There is a larger article online - stating their are pictures of Leven, Rhodes, and Gabriel in Real World Studios. There are more details online
    no stevie wilson
    no neuroticdog

best
    Michael
    If it ain't acousmatique-It's crap

I guess ii is fake but it pulled me in.
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 06-05-2022 at 11:35 AM.

Fake?

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Fake?
    The new Peter Gabriel album is a concept album about the 21st Century. It's due for release on December 31, 2099.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    The new Peter Gabriel album is a concept album about the 21st Century. It's due for release on December 31, 2099.
    Preordered.

Quote Originally Posted by Flightwave View Post
    Preordered.
    Sold out. Backordered, except for cassette copies.
    Last edited by Finch Platte; 06-04-2022 at 08:59 PM.

Ember
    I pre-ordered mine on Elcaset back in 1979. I'll need to head over to Sam Goody to check on my order status.
    "I have not yet begun to procrastinate."

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by rdclark View Post
    I pre-ordered mine on Elcaset back in 1979. I'll need to head over to Sam Goody to check on my order status.
    Dont forget to grab the poster from the rack in the back.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Peter Gabriel left Genesis in August 1975. 19 months later, he released his first solo album: Car. 16 months later, he released the second album: Scratch. 23 months later, he released his third: Melt. 28 months later, he released his fourth: Security. 3 years & 8 months later, he released So. 6 years & 3 months later, he released Us. 10 years later, he released Up. If this new one comes out this year, it will be 20 years since Up. Anyone notice a trend here? (Before I get jumped, Scratch My Back was all covers & New Blood was rehashed old existing PG songs) Amazing that Mr Gabriel only has 7 original studio albums to his name.

Quote Originally Posted by yesman1955 View Post
    Peter Gabriel left Genesis in August 1975. 19 months later, he released his first solo album: Car. 16 months later, he released the second album: Scratch. 23 months later, he released his third: Melt. 28 months later, he released his fourth: Security. 3 years & 8 months later, he released So. 6 years & 3 months later, he released Us. 10 years later, he released Up. If this new one comes out this year, it will be 20 years since Up. Anyone notice a trend here? (Before I get jumped, Scratch My Back was all covers & New Blood was rehashed old existing PG songs) Amazing that Mr Gabriel only has 7 original studio albums to his name.
    Didn't he also do some soundtracks?
    Birdy
    The passion?

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Didn't he also do some soundtracks?
    Birdy
    The passion?
    Also OVO and Long Walk Home: Music from the Rabbit-Proof Fence

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    Also OVO and Long Walk Home: Music from the Rabbit-Proof Fence
    Didn't know those.

Didn't know those.
    Ovo is actually very good.

I've just finished reading Themes For Great Cities, a history of Simple Minds' formative years, and there's a bit on there that raised a smile:

"The producer [Steve Liilywhite] had experience of waiting for lyrics to arrive. Peter Gabriel had procrastinated so long when they had worked together in 1980, Liilywhite had produced a Psychedelic Furs album while he lingered."

Yes. That he had inspiration of which he went gradually in shortage.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    Yes. That he had inspiration of which he went gradually in shortage.
    He did some soundtracks, like Birdy and Passion.

Banned
    He did some soundtracks, like Birdy and Passion.
    Birdy, with Matthew Modine and Nicholas Cage is a fantastic, very underrated movie IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantum Cat View Post
    Birdy, with Matthew Modine and Nicholas Cage is a fantastic, very underrated movie IMO.
    I know, watched it. Also read the book it was based on. My dad liked 'Dad' from the same author more.

Working Title is I/O
    I
    (Wanted to compose à sequel to The Lamb, but
    /O
    h no this is not going to happen

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    What's the rush?

They told me about this in the memory loss cult, but now I no longer recall details.
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!