Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: PT/C/C

Quote Originally Posted by rickm View Post
    Normal for South America.

Neil

Seems a lot like the show I was at, just a much smaller venue.
    About the same level of excitement and audience engagement for those songs.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

It was announced on various sites that Porcupine Tree will be performing at outdoor European festivals during the summer of 2023. The first show is scheduled in Manchester on 29 June (https://thefestivals.uk/porcupine-tree-manchester/).

I had wondered if their current shows in Europe and at Wembley next week would be the last for the group. Surprisingly (to me) the group will be performing well into next year.

There would be some excellent paydays on the Euro festival circuit, so they would be mad not to cash in while they are hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    There would be some excellent paydays on the Euro festival circuit, so they would be mad not to cash in while they are hot.
    What's going to be interesting is to see how they manage a semi-regular touring schedule in 2023 while Steven is also working on his next solo album. I'm guessing his plan is to have that out and ready to tour behind after the summer festival season has wrapped up.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    What's going to be interesting is to see how they manage a semi-regular touring schedule in 2023 while Steven is also working on his next solo album. I'm guessing his plan is to have that out and ready to tour behind after the summer festival season has wrapped up.
    From interviews I have read, I get the impression that the Wilson solo album is already in the can. I would guess he releases and tours it prior to next summer. All speculation at this point I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    From interviews I have read, I get the impression that the Wilson solo album is already in the can. I would guess he releases and tours it prior to next summer. All speculation at this point I guess.
    In the last recent interview I saw he said next spring but if PT festival shows are happening I imagine that could be delayed.

It turns out they filmed the show at the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam a few days ago

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    It turns out they filmed the show at the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam a few days ago
    It got a 5 star review in a national newspaper today.

I’ve never been let down my PT/SW shows. Wouldn’t expect it to be different this time around. Good to hear that they filmed a show.

I'm just back from the London show, the last on this current tour. The set list was, I believe, the same as the show I saw at the Anthem in DC in September. I was on the floor this time, 15 rows back on the right. This was in contrast to my upper balcony seat at the Anthem. It's always nice to actually see the band's faces as distinct humans rather than as soft blurs. The mix from my location was infinitely better than at the Anthem, where it seemed that every surface in the balcony was vibrating. The downside of being on the floor and not super close was that Wilson, as usual, encouraged everyone to stand up after the first song and pretty much everyone did for the rest of the show. This is a pain for me, and I should have learned my lesson and gotten a ticket in a slightly higher tier where I could have sat for the whole show. Even at 5' 11", I felt like I had a semi-obstructed view for a lot of the show.

That aside, the band were in fine form for the hometown crowd. They seemed to be a bit tighter than at the Anthem, but it may be that the mix was so much better at my seat (or standing location). Even with the standing issue, I did enjoy the show a lot. I had hoped that he might have had a guest performer or do something a little out of the ordinary in London, but this didn't happen.

Before the show, I managed to meet up with a prog friend from Nottingham who I know through my job. It was good to see him for the first time in at least 5 years. So, overall, it was a good evening.

Quote Originally Posted by jefftiger View Post
    I'm just back from the London show, the last on this current tour. The set list was, I believe, the same as the show I saw at the Anthem in DC in September.
    We got one extra song, "I Drive the Hearse"...

Couple of funny moments, Steven seemed overwhelmed with the audience waving flashlights during "Collapse the Light..." and forgot the lyrics. Then in "Halo" during one of the "God is..." parts lost his way and turned around to the screen to see what the words he was supposed to be singing.

Great night though. I was fairly high up about halfway down one side and the mix was a bit muddy at the start but seemed to improve quickly. Hope I don't have to wait another 12 years for the next PT concert.

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    It got a 5 star review in a national newspaper today.
    The Sunday Times said nice things about the Manchester show.

sunday-times-review.jpg
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

The downside of being on the floor and not super close was that Wilson, as usual, encouraged everyone to stand up after the first song and pretty much everyone did for the rest of the show.
    That would absolutely make me really angry.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

The downside of being on the floor and not super close was that Wilson, as usual, encouraged everyone to stand up after the first song and pretty much everyone did for the rest of the show. This is a pain for me, and I should have learned my lesson and gotten a ticket in a slightly higher tier where I could have sat for the whole show. Even at 5' 11", I felt like I had a semi-obstructed view for a lot of the show.
    In Toronto, the first show of the tour, he only suggested, in the middle of the show, that people could stand up for this next song, if they wanted, and then sit back down.

Even though I still do standing shows, I don't think I would have liked what you are describing, either.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    That would absolutely make me really angry.
    But.........Wilson has done this for the last 30 years, so it is not really surprising. He has always made it no secret that he prefers a standing audience. If I go to a Porcupine Tree (or Wilson solo) show, and choose to get tickets on the floor, I know that people are going to stand. I look at is as a given. If I want to sit through the show I get seats in the balcony or if in an arena on the sides.

I choose to stand when I feel moved to do so. At PT I stood for probably 2/3 of the show.
    Much of the new material was not 'stand worthy' for me.
    Also I am pretty tall and I realize that I may be blocking the view of others in the floor seats, I try to switch things up a bit.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

At one of his solo shows some years ago (maybe for GfD), the venue floor was filled with chairs (Sentrum Scene in Oslo). This is a venue that’s usually just the floor where people stand, but they chose to put up chairs. I’ve been in the same venue previously with both PT and SW, where there were no chairs. Everyone sat most of the show, then stood for the last couple of songs. I did wonder why they put up chairs when Steven prefer a standing audience. Maybe that tour was an exception.

I’m in my thirties, but still prefer to sit. My body isn’t made for standing still in the same position for long periods of time. If I’m on the floor I usually look for a railing or something to at least lean on. I physically fine and can walk or run for hours, but there’s something about standing upright without moving that my body doesn’t like.

When is this video going to be released in a physical format

December 8 for physical release according to Twitter.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Sellers for C/C and THC physical copies were showing dates that were well past their supposed release dates; I wonder if those issues have been resolved?
    I ended up springing for the BluRay of THC just because they were able to get it to me in days rather than the weeks for the CD copy.

European dates 08/12/2023 = Eighth of December 2023 The body of the text on the Porcupine Tree site does say December 8 2023 in text, but after you click to the shopping cart part..
    -- Aristotle