Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: Blue Oyster Cult !

I understood what Ghost Stories was. I'd just hoped for something better. I'll give it another whirl when I get a chance. The video Richie did was a bit weird. I did like the band pictures hanging on the wall aged young to old though.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Giant View Post
    I understood what Ghost Stories was. I'd just hoped for something better. I'll give it another whirl when I get a chance. The video Richie did was a bit weird. I did like the band pictures hanging on the wall aged young to old though.
    I liked the video for "Don't Come Running To Me" better than the one for "So Supernatural" although both songs are examples of tracks that grew on me with repeated listens. In fact "Don't Come Running To Me" became an earworm that I could not get out of my head.

I hadn't seen the video for Don't Come Running To Me until now. Nice to see the old cult guitar in action. But I never saw Buck play that live, always Eric.
    Wonder if they ever got the guitar back after it was stolen.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    In fact "Don't Come Running To Me" became an earworm that I could not get out of my head.
    I can't believe that was left unfinished and/or left off an album. It sounds like a hit to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    I can't believe that was left unfinished and/or left off an album. It sounds like a hit to me.
    The first time I listened to the album I did not really like the song at all, but damn if it did not stick in my head and now it is one of my favorites. Bloom sings in an exceedingly high register which is different for him. I agree, with a bit of polish and promotion that song could have been big for them back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Giant View Post
    I hadn't seen the video for Don't Come Running To Me until now. Nice to see the old cult guitar in action. But I never saw Buck play that live, always Eric.
    Wonder if they ever got the guitar back after it was stolen.
    It has always been Eric playing it every time I have seen them too.