Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Regrets, I’ve had a few. Problem albums

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    They're not albums you LISTEN to. They're albums you COLLECT.
    Yeah, the kind of records you buy, just so you can say you've got all of John Lennon's records.

Lou Reed - Metal Machine Music
    Neil Young & The Shocking Pinks - Everybody's Rockin'

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    The live material on it is better, particularly the Zappa/Mothers jam.
    And you can get a better mix of that on Zappa’s release of it.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    And you can get a better mix of that on Zappa’s release of it.
    I got the 3 LP reissue of Mothers Fillmore 1971 not long ago that includes that (I understand the Playground Psychotics CD uses the same mix of the John and Yoko set, but with some small additional edits and the usual early 90's mastering).

Deep Purple - Slaves And Masters, or should I say Rainbow with guest artists Jon Lord and Ian Paice? I own the thing but refuse to listen to it not unlike Dream Theater's The Astonishing(disappointment).
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Deep Purple - Slaves And Masters, or should I say Rainbow with guest artists Jon Lord and Ian Paice? I own the thing but refuse to listen to it not .
    I have it on cassette. I might have listened to it once or twice. Even if you think of it as a Rainbow album, it still isn't very good. I mean, if it was on the same level as Straight Between The Eyes or Difficult To Cure, I could deal with it, but it isn't.

I don’t think the last couple of Triumvirat albums have been mentioned, A La Carte and Russian Roulette. How did ALC even happen? Their lead singer left mid-way through recording!

Somehow, Arno Steffen managed to eke out a bit of a solo career after the woeful RR. Again, how? He showed absolutely no singing talent whatever!
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    He showed absolutely no singing talent whatever!
    That never stopped Steve Howe
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"