Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: House Of The Dragon discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    I'd rather oil up Emilia Clarke.
    Lena Headey, YMMV
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I'd rather oil up Emilia Clarke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Lena Headey, YMMV
    Margaery Tyrell for me please.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Lena Headey, YMMV
    That's Headley!
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

That's Headley!
    Attorney General

Assistant to the Governor

State Procurer

Looks like we're off and running. Alicent is indeed surrounded by rats, what a bunch of back-stabbing snakes. Methinks Otto is not going to survive this season.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Serengeti Svengali Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Glad to be back in Westeros. Episode 1 was very enjoyable.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Just completed a season one re-watch and glad I did. Much of the storyline became clearer than the first run-through for me and the refresher has me up to speed. Ready for season two.

Good opening episode.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Decided to rewatch the last three episodes of S1 to get back up to speed. There was much in S1E10 that either I forgot or originally slept through. Indeed, for the first 20 minutes I was wondering if I had even seen it.

Anyway, finally got around to seeing S2E1, today, after falling asleep both Sunday and Monday night.

Good episode!

But who's been spoiled by being able to binge a whole season of a show? Dragging this out for 10 weeks is going to be brutal.

Show of hands: who wants to trade places with Ser Criston?
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Yeah i'm glad I watched season 1 again last week to brush up. Really liked the first episode
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Last night I finally finished the first episode of season 2 after my wife fell asleep during the first two attempts (she fell asleep last night too, but I was determined to finish the episode without her). I was so lost. I probably should have watched some of the season 1 episodes. The sounds during that last scene...<shudder>...
    <sig out of order>

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    I liked s2ep1, but the whole "which one is the boy?" end had me and the wife fuming.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Reason number two for reading the credits of a TV show or movie: you run across interesting names.

For example, the first assistant director of House of the Dragon is Nick Heckstall-Smith.

I would find it quite the coincidence if he wasn't related to Dick.

We watched Ep2, which I thought was pretty good. Daemon on the loose - no good can come of this though I suspect it will be enjoyable. The conversation he had with his Queen/wife/niece was riveting, both of them throwing body blows and swift jabs. Erryk and Arryk was so intense. And Otto discovers that he cannot control his grandson and all of his plans might come to naught. Yeah, the king is a dick but the King's Hand is a piece of shit as well.

Speaking of which, there's not many people to root for here. In GoT we had Tyrion, the Stark kids, Dany. Almost nothing compares on HotD. Also, there's absolutely no humor. Last quibble, Larys and the White Worm are good yet they both would be out-maneuvered and eviscerated by the likes of Varys and Littlefinger.

Serengeti Svengali Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    I find humor in the show. Like the look Damon gave once Rhaenyra figured out it was him. And Otto's look after he told Cole did something is pure meme material IMO. (Which is meant as a compliment in this case) And Aegon's dealing with the public in the first episode was pretty funny in a more traditional sense.

I also find Rhaenyra pretty easy to root for.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    I find humor in the show. Like the look Damon gave once Rhaenyra figured out it was him.
    I agree, but it's hardly the same kind of laugh-out-loud humour we got with characters like Tyrion. The show could afford a bit more of that IMO.

I've found very little humor in it, also. I don't really mind too much, tho.

And yeah, I find Rhaenyra is the one I'm always rooting for.

I've also become a big fan of Rhaenys (aka the Queen Who Never Was).

I also like Alicent and am hoping for some kind of redemption for her.

But that's about it.