Thread: Help---Emergency Zappa Autograph Sale---Can't Pay Rent

Help---Emergency Zappa Autograph Sale---Can't Pay Rent

IMG_20210520_181451826.jpgIMG_20210520_181442937.jpgIMG_20210520_181428457.jpg

Hello everyone,
    As you may know l have been struggling with financial issues for quite some time due to medical bills and other problems. Due to something new that has come up l am needing to come up with rent money for next month.
    So l am offering an extremely rare (and my prized possession) item for immediate sale ---

A copy of the Special Clean Cuts Edition of the You Are What You Is album, signed by Frank Zappa.
    What makes this autograph very special is that it is Frank's FULL SIGNATURE, and dated '1982'.
    It seems that autographs from Zappa where he signs his full name are virtually non-existent, much less with a date. I searched the internet and could only find one photo of a full Zappa signature.
    I have never had the money to get a COA for this BUT a former member of FZ's band, and the pre-eminent authenticator of rock music autographs in the USA, have both been kind enough to examine these photographs, and in both of their opinions the autograph is 100% genuine.
    I am also unable to get a reliable valuation for the autograph because examples of it don't exist!! Oh, the actual vinyl LP is included and looks unplayed. No damage at all to the cover.
    Anyway taking the extreme rarity of this item into account l am guessing it to be worth in the $3000 range.
    I'm asking $1800 for it, but any offer will absolutely be considered. Ships free anywhere.
    Obviously l am desperately needing the money. I have a massive collection of autographs and memorabilia and this is by far the coolest thing I have.
    Please PM me if you are interested. Thank you and bless my PE family.

I am not sure how the walkie talkie battery photo got on here but l am not smart enough to take it off.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by veteranof1000psychicwars; 08-28-2022 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Error

Also, you are not a PE member and are interested l can be reached at gelogsdon@yahoo.com

Bump. Willing to part with for $1000.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Did you ever consider trying Ebay? That's a pretty big marketplace.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Hi Mozo, l did think about that but wasn't sure l should try it without a COA. On the other hand lots of people on PE know me or know who l am, and know that l wouldn't offer it here if l wasn't confident in it's authenticity, which is supported further by the two people l mentioned above. A person on eBay who has no idea who l am would probably not be inclined to 'take my word for it'.
    Thanks for the suggestion though! I think l would need a COA to sell it on eBay.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by veteranof1000psychicwars View Post
    Hi Mozo, l did think about that but wasn't sure l should try it without a COA. On the other hand lots of people on PE know me or know who l am, and know that l wouldn't offer it here if l wasn't confident in it's authenticity, which is supported further by the two people l mentioned above. A person on eBay who has no idea who l am would probably not be inclined to 'take my word for it'.
    Thanks for the suggestion though! I think l would need a COA to sell it on eBay.
    That make sense. It's too bad though as this is a huge marketplace. Good luck!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Hi everyone, my situation is even more desperate now, l have a serious medical issue on top of everything else. How about $800?
    Last edited by veteranof1000psychicwars; 09-14-2022 at 11:41 AM.

I still have this incredible item looking for a home. Willing to part with for $600 now. Due to shipping paranoia l will only ship to contiguous 48 US states. I will ship free by Certified Mail, however.

You can still try selling it on ebay without a coa. You can also try the Steve Hoffman forums since they have a section where you can sell things. I agree with Mozo though in that ebay is your best bet.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Yes, l guess l could try eBay without a COA...or maybe wait until l can go through the hassle of getting one.
    I also have a huge collection of collectable CDs l have been holding off on trying to sell. Maybe l will post those on here also. Mostly stuff from the 90s, lots of Italian and other goodies.

A list of rare and collectible discs l will be offering for sale will be posted shortly, hopefully this weekend. A lot of stuff which is not seen for sale often.
    It is a personal struggle to have to let things go that l cherish more than anything, hence the dragging of feet.