Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Bandcamp Fridays Are Back for Late 2022

For Bandcamp Friday we celebrate the 28th birthday of Quarkspace's Spacefolds 1 (with SF 2 crashing the party!)

(Not really, I just felt making 4/1/96 the release date for SF 1 on Bandcamp made for a nice April Fool's Joke. I think it came out that fall, after the debut CD)

Expect a mix of improvisational spacerock, post-rock, and prog rock like no other!

"The band skillfully shifts through spacey textures to complex, jazz-like inventions, demonstrating that first and foremost, they have always been a very tight improvisational unit. Especially impressive is Paul Williams' drumming, heard here free of the constraints of electronic loops heard on later Quarkspace releases (PW - I love those constraints lol!), including a short but tasty percussive outing with two other drummers (PW - well, Jay and Chet) (The Drummer's Triangle)." - Jeff Fitzgerald, Aural Innovations

Support us with a download (or three!) from our robust catalog of 28 albums/EPs/singles! Thanks!

Quarkspace on Facebook
    Church of Hed on Facebook
    TabMuse -- an online resource dedicated to iOS, Android, hardware, and desktop music apps and synths
    Church of Hed/Quarkspace on Bandcamp
    The QuarkspaceHed YouTube Channel

Bernard Parmegiani-Complete Works 03
    Olivia Block-Mountain Pass
    Carla Diratz and the Archers of Sorrow-Blue Stitches

best
    Michael
    If it ain't acousmatique-It's crap

Inside Out Music has added a ton of new stuff to Bandcamp.

https://insideoutmusic.bandcamp.com/

Also, I was emailing with the IOM person in charge of Bandcamp uploads and found that there is a logic to which ones are 24 bit and which ones are 16 bit. Bandcamp has file size limit. A 20 minute track in 24/96 in too big to upload, so any album containing such a thing has to be uploaded in 16 bit. I suggested downsampling to 24/48, but apparently they are reluctant to mess with the artists' files without permission. Of course, if the artist created 16 bit masters, then IOM has no choice in the matter.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Zio Crocifisso - Campana di Legno
    The Holy Family - Live Burning, Burning Live
    Zombi - Direct Inject
    Extra Life - The Sacred Vowel
    Yeti - Things To Come
    Heratius - Gwendolyne / Les Boniments
    Rhùn - Tozzos
    Surplus 1980 - Illusion of Consistency
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Direct Inject - Zombi

Disobey - Comedy Of Errors

Threnody For A Dead Queen - Comedy Of Errors

Skating Away (Songs By Jethro Tull) - Jay Tausig

Stranger Skies - Ellesmere

of the Last Human Being - Sleepytime Gorilla Museum

Rizoma (24 bit Hi-Res) - LUZ DE RIADA

Frazz Live - SEMIRAMIS

Green Asphalt - Green Asphalt (CD)

Campana di Legno - ZIO CROCIFISSO

Short wishlist this time. I had Elephant9 on there, but needed Paypal (why?) and I hadn’t updated my Mastercard on PP. Next round maybe.

Zio Crocifisso - Campana di Legno
    Sleepytime Gorilla Museum - Of Natural History

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I was busy and forgot until there was less than 15 minutes left.

Rothko Spaces Vol. 1 (for electric guitar & string orchestra) by Stephan Thelen with David Torn

NAKED -- A Romantic's Guide to King Crimson / Instrumentals by Pat Mastelotto

Natura Morta by Dave Newhouse

Cloud Sculptors by Full Earth
    Beyond The Mountain by Elk Witch
    Memories of Roosterville by Pat Strawser
    ILION by SLIFT
    Endless Skies by Alconaut
    Little Things by Darshan Ambient
    Riverside 20 - Vol. 2, The Longs by Riverside
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Something different for the lovers of Different. Lots of action.

https://bakullama1.bandcamp.com/album/sleepers-download
    Last edited by Nijinsky Hind; 04-06-2024 at 08:43 PM.
    Still alive and well...
    https://bakullama1.bandcamp.com/

For this Bandcamp Friday we celebrate the 23rd birthday of Quarkspace's classic, Spacefolds 7. A post-spacerock journey transversing the farthest galaxies. Of course, a touch of Prog Rock informs the proceedings as usual! A few CDs available on our BC merch tab, with our special BOG4 free dealio! Thanks for the support!

Quarkspace on Facebook
    Church of Hed on Facebook
    TabMuse -- an online resource dedicated to iOS, Android, hardware, and desktop music apps and synths
    Church of Hed/Quarkspace on Bandcamp
    The QuarkspaceHed YouTube Channel

David Torn just introduced his own Bandcamp page, for things that are distinct from his usual collaborative work that ends up on the pages of folks like Tim Berne, Stephan Thelen and Tim Motzer.

https://davidmtorn.bandcamp.com/

Out today is my latest co-production with composer Derek Ferguson and Refestramus !

Step into a realm where the echoes of 70's prog rock giants are reborn; "Intouríst" weaves a tapestry of soul-stirring epics, from the rush of a comet's trail to the eternal dance of zombie love, each track a prog rock prayer made manifest. Get lost in a narrative odyssey of otherworldly desires and heartfelt homecomings, all set to a soundtrack of fiery riffs that are destined to resonate with the rebels of yesterday and today. This is not just music—it's a portal to a time when rock was a revolution, and every note promised a journey into the extraordinary.

released May 3, 2024

Refestramus
    Derek Ferguson – Drums,
    Jerry King – Bass,
    Derek Pavlic – Guitars, Mellotron and Viola,
    Rogelio Souza - Keys

Associated Artists
    Ian Beabout – Vocals on track 9, Flute on track 6
    Nathan James - Vocals on track 6
    Mitch Lawrence – Saxes on tracks 3, 6 and 9
    NIDA – Vocals on tracks 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
    Craig Cairns – Vocals on tracks 1, 2, 3, 11
    Dave Newhouse – Accordion on track 8

All words and music by Derek Ferguson, except CD track 9 ("Mr. Skin") by Jay Ferguson

All arrangements by Refestramus
    Produced by Ian Beabout and Derek Ferguson
    Mixed and Mastered by Ian Beabout
    Last edited by zombywoof; 05-03-2024 at 02:03 PM.

H​ø​vikodden 1971
    by Soft Machine

Adityahridayam 321
    by David Torn

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    Out today is my latest co-production with composer Derek Ferguson and Refestramus !

Step into a realm where the echoes of 70's prog rock giants are reborn; "Intouríst" weaves a tapestry of soul-stirring epics, from the rush of a comet's trail to the eternal dance of zombie love, each track a prog rock prayer made manifest. Get lost in a narrative odyssey of otherworldly desires and heartfelt homecomings, all set to a soundtrack of fiery riffs that are destined to resonate with the rebels of yesterday and today. This is not just music—it's a portal to a time when rock was a revolution, and every note promised a journey into the extraordinary.
    Man, that sounds like an email from Tavour trying to get me to buy the latest hottest barrel aged Stout!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    ^ That's great that MRR is releasing this! They've put out a number of good albums, and are very pro-CD. They also price the CDs well so that they're basically the same cost as the download plus shipping, which makes the CDs affordable. I listened to the album this morning and it sounded very cool!

One thing I bought yesterday is the CD of RDM's Contaminazione 2.0, which I already had the download of but really like and wanted the CD.

Bunch of shit... for me:

Luc Ferrari-complete works Vol 1, 2, and 3 (these are apparently all remastered and the full series of 18 volumes will include never released works and a binaural recording! They are doing the same program with Bernard Parmegiani. Even though I have the vast majority of both of these artists oeuvre, I'm still buying these because of the remastered and the extra stuff. But, I have to say, the thought of hearing some of this stuff as a binaural recording is EXTREMELY compelling!!

Langham Research Centre-Tape Reworks Vol 2-This includes a re-mix by Beatriz Ferreyra, her first ever re-mix so... yeah, a must have! Anything by LRC is a must buy for me.

Chantal Michelle-ℎ− 2− ℎ− − 2 ℎ− Heard samples of this from a review over at the Avant Music News site and dug it big time, take my money please!

Mark Vernon-Dramaturgy-Love this guys work. I guess you can put him under the "Hauntology" umbrella. I'm really into music (and films for that matter) that gives a sense of place and Vernon does this very well. (Natasha Barrett is the Queen/Empress of this though)

France Jobin-Infinite Probabilities (Particle 2) an acousmatic album inspired by quantum entanglement theories---what can go wrong?

Olivia Block-Aberration of Light- After living with her most recent album "The Mountains Pass", I simply must collect them all. She does no wrong in my world.

Olivia Block-132 Ranks-see above. This is a live organ piece (at a concert I was in attendance) that I can't believe I haven't picked up yet. Well that was rectified!

best
    Michael
    Last edited by neuroticdog; 05-04-2024 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unclemeat View Post
    When my kids were young I often thought about putting them in a room with all the instruments for two hours, telling them to play, while recording it all. Then editing and re-mixing a cool collage out of it all.
    Still alive and well...

Tapir! - The Pilgrim, Their God and The King Of My Decrepit Mountain
    OOIOO - Armonico Hewa
    Cassiber - Beauty and the Beast
    Selcouth Quartet - s/t
    Chien Bernard - Felindra
    Shackleton / Zimpel - Primal Forms
    De Beren Gieren - What Eludes Us
    Olivia Block - The Mountains Pass
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Tapir! - The Pilgrim, Their God and The King Of My Decrepit Mountain
    OOIOO - Armonico Hewa
    Cassiber - Beauty and the Beast
    Selcouth Quartet - s/t
    Chien Bernard - Felindra
    Shackleton / Zimpel - Primal Forms
    De Beren Gieren - What Eludes Us
    Olivia Block - The Mountains Pass
    Love the Shackleton/Zimpel release and I hope you are liking the Block!

best
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by neuroticdog View Post
    Love the Shackleton/Zimpel release and I hope you are liking the Block!

best
    Michael
    I'm really liking the Olivia Block, thanks for the recommendation.
    Ian

I'm one of the 212.

Bakullama has a new one out. If you like a more ambient style try “princess of Tisul”
    If you like the harder stuff try “Butcher shop” featuring new guitarist Kalvin Foster.
    And if you need a laugh, try “Piccolo Pete goes to Washington” it’s a live mess, but exhilarating and meant to be played loud.
    https://bakullama1.bandcamp.com/album/sleepers-2024http://

bakullama1.bandcamp.com/album/sleepers-2024
    Still alive and well...