Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2022 NCAA Basketball

Banned
    I like Miami, the last men’s basketball ACC team in the tourney

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    I like Miami, the last men’s basketball ACC team in the tourney
    They were certainly impressive. I had them losing to Indiana in my bracket, but Miami looks like the real deal.

What an entertaining first 4 days of basketball. I watched quite a bit of it. Some great games and huge upsets. Does not get much better. I am currently doing well in my brackets too. In my $10 pool I am in 3rd place out of 30 entries. In my $20 pool I am in 2nd place out of 8 entries. In my $25 pool I am in 1st place out of 21 entries. I still have my champion and 3 of my final 4 alive. Of course that can all fall apart in an instant so we'll what next weekend brings.

Serengeti Svengali Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    This might be the best i've ever done. All 4 of my final four remain (can't recall that ever happening), have missed only 5 of the sweet 16. (most of those are in the east), and have a perfect bracket in the west after the first weekend. I expect a slaughter next week. lol
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    This might be the best i've ever done. All 4 of my final four remain (can't recall that ever happening), have missed only 5 of the sweet 16. (most of those are in the east), and have a perfect bracket in the west after the first weekend. I expect a slaughter next week. lol
    Nice! Who do you have as your final 4 representative from the east? I had Purdue.

Banned
    I predict the championship will be a team from the SEC which appears to be the best, IMO of course.

^ They do look the best so far. Of course, the trick is playing that way every game. Certainly have the best odds, though.

I predict the championship will be a team from the SEC which appears to be the best, IMO of course.
    I have Alabama going all the way and they have looked good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Nice! Who do you have as your final 4 representative from the east? I had Purdue.
    First off I had a brain fart, it was the south that I missed terribly in, not the east. But I have Michigan St. coming out of the east. (Along with Alabama, Xavier, and UCLA for my final four)

First off I had a brain fart, it was the south that I missed terribly in, not the east. But I have Michigan St. coming out of the east. (Along with Alabama, Xavier, and UCLA for my final four)
    The South was also my worst. I did not have MSU getting past Marquette, but since they are now the lowest seed left I can root for them as a homeboy (my father went to Michigan State so we grew up green and white in our house) for the next few games. I don't see them getting past Alabama, who I have as champion, but they are really playing well at the moment. Interesting that you picked Xavier. They are also playing really well, although I don't have them getting past Texas. Should be another entertaining weekend.

Never pick Purdue to win anything. Have lost to 3 double digit seeds last three years I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    Never pick Purdue to win anything. Have lost to 3 double digit seeds last three years I believe.
    I watched several of their games this year and although I did not think they could win it all, I thought they could go to the final 4. Should have known. As you mention they are notoriously underachieving.

Purdue is a mystery, for sure, and I would think Matt Painter's seat would be getting uncomfortably warm. But the same problem exists throughout the B1G - teams that show well during the regular season and fail to make a mark in March. There is so much parity in the conference that teams spend two months beating up on each other and it's rare that one rises above the rest anymore. And because the conference always fades at tournament time, they will continue to suck hind tit in recruiting to teams from the other power conferences. I don't think expansion will help, either.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    Purdue is a mystery, for sure, and I would think Matt Painter's seat would be getting uncomfortably warm. But the same problem exists throughout the B1G - teams that show well during the regular season and fail to make a mark in March. There is so much parity in the conference that teams spend two months beating up on each other and it's rare that one rises above the rest anymore. And because the conference always fades at tournament time, they will continue to suck hind tit in recruiting to teams from the other power conferences. I don't think expansion will help, either.
    All good points. Is UCLA and USC moving into the conference in basketball or is it football only? It will be interesting to see if Izzo can get MSU up to make a run. I would have never have picked them to go as far as they have, so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    All good points. Is UCLA and USC moving into the conference in basketball or is it football only? It will be interesting to see if Izzo can get MSU up to make a run. I would have never have picked them to go as far as they have, so we'll see.
    My understanding is that they'll be "full" members, so FB, BB, and probably all the other major sports as well. How that will translate into action in terms of divisions and scheduling I have no idea, and may still be undecided.

Izzo is one of the last of the great NCAA men's coaches left. He knows the game and all of his opponents, and inspires his players by giving them the credit for success and taking blame for failure on himself. I never bet against him this time of year.
    David

What a great game last night between MSU and KSU! Sorry to see the Spartans lose, but it'll be fun to follow that kid Marquis Nowell as KSU continues; he's something else.

Tonight, if you aren't occupied with a particular men's game, I would highly recommend watching the Iowa/Colorado women's matchup. Caitlin Clark is special, and she has a great team surrounding her.
    David

What a great game last night between MSU and KSU! Sorry to see the Spartans lose, but it'll be fun to follow that kid Marquis Nowell as KSU continues; he's something else.

Tonight, if you aren't occupied with a particular men's game, I would highly recommend watching the Iowa/Colorado women's matchup. Caitlin Clark is special, and she has a great team surrounding her.
    Agree, MSU / KSU was a great game. I thought Sparty was going to pull it out, but alas not to be. The Gonzaga / UCLA game was also excellent. I had UCLA in my bracket and thought they were going to pull a comeback at the end, but Gonzaga took the win.

I caught the last minute and forty two seconds of the UCLA and Gonzaga game. It went from UCLA down eight to up by one with 12 seconds to losing by two with one point one seconds left. The guy took a three pointer from the S on the writing at center court. Gonzaga missed three or four foul shots in the last minute which would have probably iced the game.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I caught the last minute and forty two seconds of the UCLA and Gonzaga game. It went from UCLA down eight to up by one with 12 seconds to losing by two with one point one seconds left. The guy took a three pointer from the S on the writing at center court. Gonzaga missed three or four foul shots in the last minute which would have probably iced the game.
    Timmi shouldn’t have been the one making free throws, but fortunately his skills overall powered Gonzaga to the end.

Banned
    KSU/MSU was an offensive game. FAU took out TN, which has battled AL well during the year. Let’s see how Florida Atlantic U handles KSU.

Timmi shouldn’t have been the one making free throws, but fortunately his skills overall powered Gonzaga to the end.
    He was the one they fouled.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    He was the one they fouled.
    Maybe Gonzaga shouldn’t have him in a position to get the ball, but his height is an advantage.

Banned
    Hooray for San Diego State. I’ve never been so happy to see a team lose, after that technical.

Holy shit......I went from being in the top 3 or better in all 4 of my brackets to having literally no one left all in the course of a couple of hours. Brackets officially busted........

^ Yeah, good god. All four of my final four out as well.

And a pretty mad elite 8...zero 1s, one 2, two 5s, and a nine!