Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy holidays CD sale: Prog, fusion, electronic and other genres

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    We should set up a clearinghouse. There are only a couple dozen of us in the world who know what any of this shit is worth, and Goodwill will just end up landfilling it. Maybe we can create a Library for Unwanted Music, a home for wayward art, a Museum of Musical Curiosities.
    Well, thank god I'm the oldest guy in a group of friends who run a progressive radio-program for 30 years now, so I know where most of my boxes, collectable CD's, DVD's etc. will go to: a Home Of Wanted Music!

F55D8A72-BD29-435E-8298-D023F29116FF.jpg
    CD sales are on an uptick recently but I have been to thrift/ charity stores that have “recycled” aka thrown out all their CDs after selling them for years of carrying such. Goodwill sells CDs on Amazon and eBay and are competitively pricing rare items.

I really didn’t care about selling off my massive CD collection until the Pandemic hit awhile back. I was very bored and decided to reorganize my life. I discovered Discogs, reactivated my Amazon seller account and decided to crank up things again on eBay. Well over $XXK worth of music gear, CDs, LPs, cassettes, rare books and electronics are now in someone else’s home. They were are glad to get my stuff and I was more than glad to gain the space and reorganize my studio, library and music collection.

And now I have a new hobby that I enjoy in my retirement. I have been able to find and buy new gear and yes — new music. So the cycle repeats itself. Now, I buy vintage effects gear, guitars, etc and review them on YouTube. If they are subpar or boring — I sell them.

Perhaps, I will release another album this year that nobody will buy.

You kids and yer social media.

I've never understood the appeal of "unboxing" videos or "first impression" videos... but I'm from the rotary telephone generation.

You kids and yer social media.

I've never understood the appeal of "unboxing" videos or "first impression" videos... but I'm from the rotary telephone generation.
    I was a rotary phone and no tv remote, with like 15 TV channels, era child. And I lived in the Washington D.C. area! I remember when gas was less than 50 cents a gallon. Anyway . . .

I simply do YouTube reviews of gear because it is fun and helpful to others. I watch them all the time before I buy gear.

Unboxing and 1st impression vids I find inherently boring.

I want the gear plugged and played and discussed — pros, cons and extra user commentary like, “Hey this preset sounds like a cow dying!”

Quote Originally Posted by SourceCodeX View Post
    CD sales are on an uptick recently but I have been to thrift/ charity stores that have “recycled” aka thrown out all their CDs after selling them for years of carrying such.
    There is a very good second-hand record shop in a nearby town. The owner buys used vinyl/CDs cheap and sells cheap and his store is always full of buyers because of the shop’s huge turnover. I have been shopping there for about 23 years now and I remember when I first went, when CD sales were in the ascendant, he would say to anyone bringing in vinyl: “It doesn’t really sell now, but I’ll take it off your hands,” and the sellers would be grateful to offload all their records. Nowadays virtually 90 per cent of his sales are in used vinyl and when someone brings in a CD collection he says: “It doesn’t really sell now, but I’ll take it off your hands,” and the sellers are grateful to offload all their CDs. Same as it ever was.
    We walked arm in arm with madness, and every little breeze whispered of the secret love we had for our disease

Wow, prices are high. Too rich for my blood.
    After hearing all the comments that my stuff was too expensive -- 2 weeks ago, I went through nearly every listing and reduced the asking price. It amounted to a total inventory reduction of ~ $1,500! -- including non-CD items.

Just 2 days ago, a repeat customer of mine bought 15 CDs for only $44.00 total. ($2.91 a piece)

Lots of CDs are still left: https://www.ebay.com/sch/CDs/176984/...azz_fusion_guy

A belated, Happy New Year.

Working this week on music for my next release . . . echoes of an unquiet mind
    echoes of an unquiet mind -- COVER ART -- Enhanced focus.jpg