Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crown Lands - New music for 2023 (Fearless Pt. II)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad 2 the Bone View Post
    I went to the two previous Kiss 'Farewell' tours. Think I'll skip this one and wait for the next one.

Attachment 17235

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    The Who lead the way but don't count Gene and the boys out.
    "The wind is slowly tearing her apart"
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

Check their social media accounts (facebook, instagram, etc). Cody got some news he wasn't expecting.

The eons are closing
    :-(
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Wow, that is unexpected. The heritage he thought he had was very much a part of his identity. Must be upsetting and presumably embarrassing for him.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Mod or rocker? Mocker. Frumious B's Avatar
    Something similar happened to me on a much smaller scale. I was always told I had Cherokee ancestry on my mother’s side. Earlier this year I did 23andme. Turns out I have zero Native American ancestry but a touch of African ancestry.
    "It was a cruel song, but fair."-Roger Waters

I know this is an old thread, but I just kind of discovered these guys. Great stuff. As others mention, very derivative of Rush, with Zep, Greta and others in the mix as well. It will be interesting to see where they go from here.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but I just kind of discovered these guys. Great stuff. As others mention, very derivative of Rush, with Zep, Greta and others in the mix as well. It will be interesting to see where they go from here.
    They're very good (and then some) at what they do. I look forward to hearing more.

The eons are closing
    I enjoy them alot - but prefer their shorter tunz vs their extended compositions

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I enjoy them alot - but prefer their shorter tunz vs their extended compositions
    It’s true they sort of can accomplish the same in 5 minutes as they can in 9 minutes, so I’d prefer an album with more of the shorter ones. Steve, I’m not surprised you like them!

Quote Originally Posted by Frumious B View Post
    Something similar happened to me on a much smaller scale. I was always told I had Cherokee ancestry on my mother’s side. Earlier this year I did 23andme. Turns out I have zero Native American ancestry but a touch of African ancestry.
    Interesting article in a recent New Yorker about this very topic: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...know-she-wasnt

(And apologies if I have posted something that cannot be accessed. Not sure what The New Yorker's policy is on freebie articles.)

Unsuprisingly, many people have purposefully mislead others to profit on their supposed heritage. Very obviously, I'm not suggesting you've done that. Bowles doesn't seem to have been doing that, either, and I hope their explanation is honest and sufficient. I quite like this band and would rather not suspect anyone of trying to do anything untoward to "get ahead" (whatever that might mean for a basically unknown, independent prog band from Canada). It's always about the music for me, and this band delivers that. As long as they can continue to do so, I'm happy to support them. Maybe I should wear my Crown Lands t-shirt tomorrow!
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

The eons are closing
    Woah!

Crown Lands on tour this summer with a few dates!!!

http://www.crownlandsmusic.com/#tour

Sent from my NE2217 using Tapatalk