Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Debut Solo Album From Wobbler’s Lars Fredrik Frøislie releases on June 2

Debut Solo Album From Wobbler’s Lars Fredrik Frøislie releases on June 2

"Lars Fredrik Frøislie, keyboard player for Prog Rockers WOBBLER is set to release his debut solo album “Fire Fortellinger” on Karisma Records on the 2nd of June."

From the e-mail:

"Fitting perfectly into the 70s prog-rock tradition where the keyboardist makes a solo album between the band albums, this is music Frøislie has been doing, mostly alone, during the pandemic. Had it not been for the pandemic, much of the material would probably have ended up on a new Wobbler album - but then run through the Wobbler grinder and with English lyrics. In other words, this is unpeeled and raw, as spontaneous as possible without going through too many rounds of processing.

Trying to preserve the impulsive - much of what you hear is improvised, and one-takes (preferably with playing errors and piano strings that break and the like). Trying to preserve the human aspect to a large extent, avoiding click tracks, auto-tune, MIDI, or too much technology. Expect lots of old analog keyboards such as cembalo, Mellotron, MiniMoog, Yamaha CP70, and Hammond organ."

https://mailchi.mp/karismarecords.no...4?e=9797b124f4

I got that email too. Included is a video of dudes progging out on the organ and Rickenbacker, I assume this stuff is like dopamine to you lot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qApnt1EGBvM

personally I think Wobbler is one of the few new prog bands out there that actually can match what Yes were doing at their peak. so yeah, I guess I will have to buy this.
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Just preordered the CD & Blue LP.

$59.30 delivered to the West Coast USA. Remember you Yanks.....order from the USA store. Your Not gonna get shipping for $6.40 from Norway!
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    ^ I can’t believe you ordered both!

I preordered the CD this morning from Bandcamp. Shipping was €7.00.

He seems to be the magic-man on a lot of the albums he’s involved in, so I’m looking forward to this.

I love Wobbler, so this will likely be an auto-buy.

Groovy

That was easy.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    ^ I can’t believe you ordered both!
    Well, I now have all 5 Wobbler albums on different colored vinyl so just kept the theme.
    Decided to forgo Peter Gabriel in Seattle in October so freed up some music budget dollars.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

First track released:

I may end up ordering this, but I'm a bit wobbly on it at the moment.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Purchased!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Banned
    Yes!!! (excuse the pun). I like what I am hearing on this first released track. Got to pursue it.
    Last edited by SunRunner2; 03-31-2023 at 11:09 PM.

Works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMOOL View Post
    I got that email too. Included is a video of dudes progging out on the organ and Rickenbacker, I assume this stuff is like dopamine to you lot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qApnt1EGBvM

personally I think Wobbler is one of the few new prog bands out there that actually can match what Yes were doing at their peak. so yeah, I guess I will have to buy this.
    Well that dude on bass is none other than elephant9's bassist. Now I really gotta check this out.
    bassist in Papangu, a zeuhl metal band from Brazil https://papangu.bandcamp.com/album/holoceno

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    ^^^ We'll written review that leaves me wanting to hear it now! When is it being released?
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Nice review, but I couldn't help but notice that there is no mention of guitars/guitarwork. Is that because there isn't any?

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    ^^^ We'll written review that leaves me wanting to hear it now! When is it being released?
    June 2.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Nice review, but I couldn't help but notice that there is no mention of guitars/guitarwork. Is that because there isn't any?
    No. Or at least none that I've discerned, and I've listened to it a lot. I think Lars fills in a lot of that sonic space with various keyboard textures. Bass is obviously a different story, which is why he had someone come in to play those parts.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Thanks for posting, but you’re just making it harder to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Thanks for posting, but you’re just making it harder to wait.
    It will be worth the wait, I promise!

It will be worth the wait, I promise!
    So the album is done (finished, fully mixed et al.) yet for some reason it has to sit on someone's hard drive until June? It's ridiculous. Is this a joke?
    NG ~ BC ~ PA
    “Pointing out the problem doesn't make it go away!” —Mr. Enter

Yeah, I know what you mean, but that's actually a pretty standard procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by Czyszy View Post
    So the album is done (finished, fully mixed et al.) yet for some reason it has to sit on someone's hard drive until June? It's ridiculous. Is this a joke?
    Artists and labels put a lot of work into a release and they want to maximize the time, effort, and money they put into making records.

Making sure you have time to create hype around an album is standard practice if you want to recoup costs. Failing at promoting a release properly before it hits the market is a very easy way to go broke.
    bassist in Papangu, a zeuhl metal band from Brazil https://papangu.bandcamp.com/album/holoceno