Thread: Trump's been notified he'll be indicted on Tuesday

Trump's been notified he'll be indicted on Tuesday

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donal...b01ea5cd8e5f56

Remarkable point in history, first U.S. president to face indictment. Whether you love him or hate him, this is history in the making.

We can only hope he gets what he deserves.

Why are you starting an overtly political thread?

Ember
    This thread will/should die soon, but its header is also misinformation. Trump has not been newly notified of anything. His "arrest on Tuesday" is his own speculation, contained in a post of his clearly intended to inflame his followers.

If we are going to post political content -- and we are not, right -- let's keep it factual.
    Last edited by rdclark; 03-18-2023 at 12:03 PM.
    "I have not yet begun to procrastinate."

No idea why you even try this kind of thread here. The mods have worked hard over the years to keep this place apolitical, and yet, here you are.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    Why are you starting an overtly political thread?
    Bruce, this is history in the making. I kept my post politically neutral on purpose.

This is an historical moment. The fact that in involves a former politician is not the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by rdclark
    His "arrest on Tuesday" is his own speculation, contained in a post of his clearly intended to inflame his followers.
    It's been widely reported this week that the Secret Service had to coordinate in any attempt to serve a warrant, so pre-notification was expected. Undoubtedly Alvin Bragg hoped to keep the timing secret (for all the obvious reasons) but that was not the former president's wish. I think the news reports are very credible or I wouldn't have posted.
    Last edited by rcarlberg; 03-18-2023 at 12:10 PM.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    See you in a month or two, OP!

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    I think the news reports are very credible
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    See you in a month or two, OP!
    Possibly. I considered that possibility. But a news event of this magnitude should not go unremarked simply because of the celebrity involved, and I'm hoping the mods are neutral enough to see the historical significance.

Possibly. I considered that possibility. But a news event of this magnitude should not go unremarked simply because of the celebrity involved, and I'm hoping the mods are neutral enough to see the historical significance.
    The question is whether it needs to be remarked on here, in our little oasis from the vile political goings-on that bombard us at every turn on the internet.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Why? Would you ban mention of another world-famous celebrity being indicted? What if it was Oprah, or Elon Musk?

Can we merge this with a Yes thread?

Why? Would you ban mention of another world-famous celebrity being indicted? What if it was Oprah, or Elon Musk?
    Or Peter Gabriel. This has to do with breaking the law. Same thing comes up in the football thread all the time.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I would think it was equally out of place here. But I'll say no more, and you can continue to blink innocently.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I would think it was equally out of place here.
    Well, I did put it in Way Off Topic. It is not music related, so that's where monumental news belongs. IMO

Interesting that a Canadian and a Korean see this as just politics, but Americans see it as a case of legal dispute. Not quite sure WHAT the orangutan thinks -- a corn dog? Huh?
    Last edited by rcarlberg; 03-18-2023 at 01:16 PM.

Ember
    I think the news reports are very credible or I wouldn't have posted.
    Even the article you posted did not say what you said in the header.
    "I have not yet begun to procrastinate."

7,700 posts (since we kept count) and like 20 years posting at PE. You know darn well it is out of bounds to post this here. I won’t speculate as to why you felt the need to push buttons and challenge the boundaries of the website in such a brash way. Sigh.

For anyone reading, this line from the TOS sums up PE’s take on this well: “There are literally thousands of forums on the Internet for those topics - and this is not one of them.”
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.